Resource SV Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
S11 Bachy's Fake Big 6

View attachment 565865

pokepaste

Hi guys today Im sharing the team Ive been using on Pokémon Showdown for the past month, peaked at 1500s (around top20) in one account and got two other accounts to 1400s with very few matches played, the goal was to reach top10 before the last week of the month but there was a storm in my town so I had to stop due to not having internet at my place, no regrets tho the team performed well and it was fun playing with it so for this season im good with ending here. No cart play this month which is a bummer but I believe the team is solid enough and can perform well in console too so I will be leaving the rental code for anymore who wants to try this on cart.

Up next some quick notes regarding EV Spreads, Movesets and Roles.

:flutter mane: Disrupter set. Creates starting point for our sweepers (usually goes with ogerpon or dnite) and prevents opposing settup, late game cleaner. 212 HP and 220 Def EVs with Bold nature allows Mane to always withstand Sucker Punch from Adamant Choice Band Chien-Pao and Surging Strikes from Adamant Punching Glove Urshifu Rapid-Strike. 68 Spe EVs makes it so we are faster than Scarf Jolly Urshifu, +1 Jolly Baxcalibur and +2 Adamant Cloyster. Tera Water is the estandar nowadays, very solid defensively. I cant remember a match where it wasnt selected, either as a lead or in the back, this Pokémon was too good.

:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Stall-Breaker set. Destroyer of fat builds, him and Flutter Mane puts ton of team preview pressure making so the opponent really wants to bring their steel type, which is good for our Dragonite (unless its Heatran, but they wont bring Heatran against this). 100 HP and 12 SpDef EVs allows Ursaluna to always live Hydro Pump from Iron Bundle with one Calm Mind up and its 5HKO by Chanseys Seismic Toss. 156 Spe EVs outspeeds up to 4 Spe Wo-Chien and everything below that. Huge shoutouts to my friend Ru-san for the set, insane player.

:gholdengo: Wall-Breaker/Disrupter set. Stops a lot of the cheese, was added to deal with Killernite, Disrupter Flutter Mane and to create a starting point for Dnite or Ogerpon with Trick. 196 HP and 236 Def EVs are there to ensure Tera Dragon Gholdengo lives a Tera Dark Crunch from Adamant Choice Band Chien-Pao and lives 15/16 times the Earthquake from +1 Dragonite. 196 HP and 4 SpDef EVs also makes it so Gholdengo always lives even a crit Hex from 4 SpA Disrupter Flutter Mane and KOs back with Make it Rain. 68 Spe EVs we outspeed max speed Ursaluna (regular) and everything below that tier. Tera Dragon was the choice to secure the win against Ogerpon and to always live (unless they tera water or tera ghost) Last Respects (150 BP) into Aqua Jet from Basculegion-M.

:dragonite: Sweeper. Axis of this construction. Even tho the build looks simple this is what makes it so powerful, since jolly max speed Dnite is so rare it can creates his own setup opportunities with High Speed, Tera Fire and Encore, unlike Tera Flying set that are the ones that normally runs Encore, this one doesnt need to tera to be a threat thanks to Dragon + Fire coverage, the only thing in the current metagame that resists both is Azumarill which is not as common anymore. 252 Spe EVs and Jolly nature allows Dragonite to outspeed max speed Pokémon like Chien-Pao, Iron Bundle and Dragapult. Tera Fire was the pick here cuz it boosts fire punch, makes Dragonite inmune to burn and cuz it can beat most steel types that our teams lures in, unlike the other common Dice Dnite set (steel).

:ogerpon-wellspring: Pseudo AV frame and Cycle Destroyer. 12 HP and 108 SpDef EVs allows Oger to always live Tera Normal Bloodmoon into Vacuum Wave from Ursaluna when Ogerpon activates Embody Aspect and 132 Atk EVs with Adamant Nature makes it so Tera Water Ivy Cudgel always 2HKOs max HP Ursaluna even thru Tera Normal. The attack invesment are also there to ensure Ogerpon 1HKOs 4 Def EVs Basculegion-M and 4 Def EVs Iron Bundle with Horn Leech every single time, 1HKOs 4 Def EVs Chien-Pao 15/16 of the time with Tera Water Ivy Cudgel and 1HKOs Max HP un-tera Ursaluna-Bloodmoon. Other cool things this Ogerpon lives is the Moonblast from Modest Specs Flutter Mane without Embody Aspect, and with Embody Aspect active this can setup a Sub in front of offensive Heatran and Earth Power wont break the Sub. Max speed is the choice here to setup a Substitute even in front of the fastest Gliscor.

:chien-pao: Wall-breaker/Cleaner. Another Cycle Destroyer, Landorus-Therian "answer". Fully invested Adamant Never-Melt Ice Ice Shard 1HKOs Scarf Landorus-T even thru Intimidate, this was one of the reasons why this set was selected instead of Lum Berry, we didnt choose Life-Orb cuz the other reason was that with 12 HP and 116 Def EVs this Pokémon lives the combination of Play Rough into Shadow Sneak from Life-Orb Mimikyu after Tera. 124 Spe EVs we outspeed everything covering Garchomp speed tier. This spread is courtesy of our good friend Kiby. Tera Electric is the estandar, insane synergy with ice type attacks and decent defensively.

Shoutouts to all the homies in the BSS Discord and the goats from The Kitchen, special thanks to BNBN for the feedback and TheDarknessMadeFlesh for making the rental for me. Best of lucks to everyone playing in the last day and in the upcoming season, have fun! :blobnom:
so you’re the dickhead that’s been using dual taunt on ladder LOL

Great team fren :3

Neat looking team, Which matchups did you bring grotle and avalugg for?
Grotle almost nothing except for sometimes Cress Ursaluna-B Trick Room. I tried it vs stall also back when it was stockpile bit it just results in 20 minute battles where you lose because you don't have Blissey's hp stat and nobody takes damage when they send out gliscor. I also tried it once vs Lando Wo-Chien but they just switched to Lando and went for Fissure and hit the first one. I brought Grotle to wall a Flutter Mane once or twice but that was a rare occassion, when I was still Stockpile. Avalugg I brought very often for Dragonite and Chien Pao, and even overrelied on it a bit for my bad Urshifu matchup.

Last edited:
:Frosmoth: :Weezing: :Infernape: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Noivern: :Goodra-Hisui:

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Ice Scales
Level: 50
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

So glad I started using this mon. Lots of power, and tons of special bulk. EVs might be changed soon, but not moves. Ice Beam can ohko DNite through scale, good if it comes in on predicted bug/grass/ground, or even just to force it to tera(not like it's a bad user, obviously, but it can make them predictable-ish.) Either STAB is great for Ting-Lu, and beam does lots to hippo. Giga Drain is great healing, though I will probably tera on Garg anyway to live the hit well. Bug Buzz hits sub users like Espathra, and gets Cress and Wo-Chien. Tera Blast may well be the most important though, changing tings up on fires and steels, namely Heatran, Zone, and Ghold. I adore this mon now, though I do kinda want the bulk to take normal tera Bloodmoon's...blood moon, into it's vacuum wave AND then E-speed from obviously unboosted DNite. But I'm unsure this is possible, may keep the Spe for 4 Spe bax/tusk(idk these not showing up for me.) Also ground gives great use vs Flutter, who is apparently very often t wave, or at least mystical fire(though unboosted is only 2% to 2hko LOL.) Also full stop to Iron Bundle, even possibly getting it on a sub turn w/ Bug Buzz.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Acid Spray
- Thunderbolt

I put Weezing as I needed an answer to the basic DNite set, Ghold kinda, Scizor, Pex, Urshifus, and SR neutral or better(no longer using galarian for the scizor match-up.) Only issue is I now like Levitate over neutralizing gas, so I don't wipe T spikes. But it's invaluable for DNite, as it's walled-ish(thinking steel tera to wall it's common stuff very well, even like Iron Head and flying tera blast, but unsure of item I would use so testing just default tera black sludge atm.) The EVs are mostly max/max, just w/ odd HP and some in the rest. I accidentally capped atk, was a 0 iv I bred for :| Wisp is crucial for most of my list, DNite, Urshifus, and Scizor hate it(Scizor can tera or not, so it's a good medium option between SE Flamethrower and, post-tera, likely SE T-Bolt.) I also can get Urshifu RS w/ Acid Spray into T-Bolt, and this combo helps get past Pex, who should do nothing. Flamethrower also hits Corv. I like this more as I use it, obviously it's flawed vs. special stuff, but DNIte is #1, and Frosmoth picks up the slack on the other side. Black Sludge helped me take(I think) cb RS's strikes twice, so I'm unsure I can lose it, though I'd have to if going for non-poison tera...

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Switcheroo

Put this for Urshifus and Oger h, mainly. I also really like Infilrator. I woulda lost bad to a minimize Muk, but it put a sub. I think the way it works is it ALWAYS hits through a sub, even if they're +evasion. Boomburst normal tera is a given, and w/ specs the medium SpA is only a minor impediment. Focus Blast can wipe Chi-Yu, and hurts Ting-Lu and Garg too. Switcheroo is very important w/ a choice item, I have crippled lots w/ it, enough that I use it on 2 mons. EVs do some stuff um. The last to do...something offensively, takes Chi-Yu Flamethrower(either Modest not specs or Timid Specs can't recall, terad to lose the resistance. Has helped intermittenly just in general.) This and Goodra-H, as they are, CANNOT hit Ghold, main issue. Also Flutter, if we both lead, can be a nuiscance, as either goodra-h or Frosmoth have to switch in, and have to be brought in the 1st place, both of which are limitations.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 108 HP / 164 atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Ice Spinner
- Close Combat
- U-turn

I was strongly encouraged to play standard stuff, it wasn't very fun imo, but I decided to keep this one out of it. Was suggested this EV spread, was max/max jolly. Idk what it does, but sounds like it's standard. Water tera for basic damage, nothing fancy. I changed Iron head for ice spinner for DNite and stuff. U-Turn is good for choice sets, got an Espathra to sash who did protect(lol.) I like this ok, but I don't bring it much, and may need an answer to the mirror and Azu(say like Dondozo.) The power can be a bit too tempting though.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Close Combat
- Raging Fury
- U-turn

I spent some time w/ EVs, but then I decided just max Atk and least Spe for +1 Spe Roaring Moon(which it can get any of 3 ways, and is high ranked. Pretty major benchmark imo.) The bulk actually has saved me, especially in conjunction w/ Raging Fury's lack of recoil. That move is used to better take down Ogerpon-H, and it just seems more fun somehow. CC is near obligatory, as Mach Punch would be kinda weird on scarf imo(even if I ditch it often, and also why Blaze, as there is no punching move now.) U-Turn for same reasons(I just don't have it on Noivern cause of the lack of damage, normally goes on choiced sets that learn it.) Switcheroo is pretty helpful, though I often die locking in, say, Ting-Lu or DNite into EQ< so a Grimmsnarl w/ Lagging Tail might have merit over this, idk. Fire tera is just default, I again can't make my mind up so I'm laving it. At the very least seems to go well w/ blaze.

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Shelter
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Draco Meteor

One of the older mons. I struggled to use this mon to any effect, until I tried this set, which is imo definitely the best. Fairy tera is leftover from AV, helps w/ Urshifu SS, and t1 vs. Rapid. EVs outspeed maybe 4 Spe Luna BM, the rest all in phys. bulk. Sap Sipper is chosen, even though it isn't for this set in stratdex, cause I have no other spore/leech seed immunity. W/ fairy also wall loom, w/o wall amoonguss. This is a wonderful user of lefties, but idk what to say cause it's pretty much from stratdex. Has bee quite good, set up can even take ground moves well. Draco Meteor is intermittently helpful, might witch to Flamethrower or T-Bolt, I really don't know. They probably all are good options, for now won't waste a tm until I'm sure. This has 3-0d some people, also I like how Heavy Slam ignores Minimize, could use more things like that.

I was 14 losses ahead of wins(still no my worst xp,) am now something like 7-9 more. Not great, but it's improving from other teams and may even more, if another tera on eezing ends up seeming like a good option(and might tera fly/ w/e Infernpae, idk.) Azu is the biggest issue that I think of immediately. Or even after pondering it, nothing seems as deadly to this line up, not even DNite or Flutter. I'm maybe not as fond of Chien-pao, as most other top mons. Gholdengo necessitates a tera from Frosmoth, not my favorite mon and it'll most definitely be brought I think. Glimmora is a huge irritant, w/o a grounded poison I don't enjoy getting it w/ Surging Strikes, so that's another point in favor of getting rid of Urshifu RS. I won mostly most recently, even though some was freeze hax lol(yay ice types,) so I'm somewhat forgetful of what really gets me. I suppose a Munkidori w/ Rapid Strike got me, woulda helped there to have Flare Blitz on Infernape maybe, though I prefer the better Oger-H match up and stuff, for now.

https://pokepast.es/cc6f82c3532b311c

:Frosmoth: :Weezing: :Infernape: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Noivern: :Goodra-Hisui:

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

So glad I started using this mon. Lots of power, and tons of special bulk. EVs might be changed soon, but not moves. Ice Beam can ohko DNite through scale, good if it comes in on predicted bug/grass/ground, or even just to force it to tera(not like it's a bad user, obviously, but it can make them predictable-ish.) Either STAB is great for Ting-Lu, and beam does lots to hippo. Giga Drain is great healing, though I will probably tera on Garg anyway to live the hit well. Bug Buzz hits sub users like Espathra, and gets Cress and Wo-Chien. Tera Blast may well be the most important though, changing tings up on fires and steels, namely Heatran, Zone, and Ghold. I adore this mon now, though I do kinda want the bulk to take normal tera Bloodmoon's...blood moon, into it's vacuum wave AND then E-speed from obviously unboosted DNite. But I'm unsure this is possible, may keep the Spe for 4 Spe bax/tusk(idk these not showing up for me.) Also ground gives great use vs Flutter, who is apparently very often t wave, or at least mystical fire(though unboosted is only 2% to 2hko LOL.) Also full stop to Iron Bundle, even possibly getting it on a sub turn w/ Bug Buzz.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Acid Spray
- Thunderbolt

I put Weezing as I needed an answer to the basic DNite set, Ghold kinda, Scizor, Pex, Urshifus, and SR neutral or better(no longer using galarian for the scizor match-up.) Only issue is I now like Levitate over neutralizing gas, so I don't wipe T spikes. But it's invaluable for DNite, as it's walled-ish(thinking steel tera to wall it's common stuff very well, even like Iron Head and flying tera blast, but unsure of item I would use so testing just default tera black sludge atm.) The EVs are mostly max/max, just w/ odd HP and some in the rest. I accidentally capped atk, was a 0 iv I bred for :| Wisp is crucial for most of my list, DNite, Urshifus, and Scizor hate it(Scizor can tera or not, so it's a good medium option between SE Flamethrower and, post-tera, likely SE T-Bolt.) I also can get Urshifu RS w/ Acid Spray into T-Bolt, and this combo helps get past Pex, who should do nothing. Flamethrower also hits Corv. I like this more as I use it, obviously it's flawed vs. special stuff, but DNIte is #1, and Frosmoth picks up the slack on the other side. Black Sludge helped me take(I think) cb RS's strikes twice, so I'm unsure I can lose it, though I'd have to if going for non-poison tera...

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Switcheroo

Put this for Urshifus and Oger h, mainly. I also really like Infilrator. I woulda lost bad to a minimize Muk, but it put a sub. I think the way it works is it ALWAYS hits through a sub, even if they're +evasion. Boomburst normal tera is a given, and w/ specs the medium SpA is only a minor impediment. Focus Blast can wipe Chi-Yu, and hurts Ting-Lu and Garg too. Switcheroo is very important w/ a choice item, I have crippled lots w/ it, enough that I use it on 2 mons. EVs do some stuff um. The last to do...something offensively, takes Chi-Yu Flamethrower(either Modest not specs or Timid Specs can't recall, terad to lose the resistance. Has helped intermittenly just in general.) This and Goodra-H, as they are, CANNOT hit Ghold, main issue. Also Flutter, if we both lead, can be a nuiscance, as either goodra-h or Frosmoth have to switch in, and have to be brought in the 1st place, both of which are limitations.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 108 HP / 164 atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Ice Spinner
- Close Combat
- U-turn

I was strongly encouraged to play standard stuff, it wasn't very fun imo, but I decided to keep this one out of it. Was suggested this EV spread, was max/max jolly. Idk what it does, but sounds like it's standard. Water tera for basic damage, nothing fancy. I changed Iron head for ice spinner for DNite and stuff. U-Turn is good for choice sets, got an Espathra to sash who did protect(lol.) I like this ok, but I don't bring it much, and may need an answer to the mirror and Azu(say like Dondozo.) The power can be a bit too tempting though.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Close Combat
- Raging Fury
- U-turn

I spent some time w/ EVs, but then I decided just max Atk and least Spe for +1 Spe Roaring Moon(which it can get any of 3 ways, and is high ranked. Pretty major benchmark imo.) The bulk actually has saved me, especially in conjunction w/ Raging Fury's lack of recoil. That move is used to better take down Ogerpon-H, and it just seems more fun somehow. CC is near obligatory, as Mach Punch would be kinda weird on scarf imo(even if I ditch it often, and also why Blaze, as there is no punching move now.) U-Turn for same reasons(I just don't have it on Noivern cause of the lack of damage, normally goes on choiced sets that learn it.) Switcheroo is pretty helpful, though I often die locking in, say, Ting-Lu or DNite into EQ< so a Grimmsnarl w/ Lagging Tail might have merit over this, idk. Fire tera is just default, I again can't make my mind up so I'm laving it. At the very least seems to go well w/ blaze.

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Shelter
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Draco Meteor

One of the older mons. I struggled to use this mon to any effect, until I tried this set, which is imo definitely the best. Fairy tera is leftover from AV, helps w/ Urshifu SS, and t1 vs. Rapid. EVs outspeed maybe 4 Spe Luna BM, the rest all in phys. bulk. Sap Sipper is chosen, even though it isn't for this set in stratdex, cause I have no other spore/leech seed immunity. W/ fairy also wall loom, w/o wall amoonguss. This is a wonderful user of lefties, but idk what to say cause it's pretty much from stratdex. Has bee quite good, set up can even take ground moves well. Draco Meteor is intermittently helpful, might witch to Flamethrower or T-Bolt, I really don't know. They probably all are good options, for now won't waste a tm until I'm sure. This has 3-0d some people, also I like how Heavy Slam ignores Minimize, could use more things like that.

I was 14 losses ahead of wins(still no my worst xp,) am now something like 7-9 more. Not great, but it's improving from other teams and may even more, if another tera on eezing ends up seeming like a good option(and might tera fly/ w/e Infernpae, idk.) Azu is the biggest issue that I think of immediately. Or even after pondering it, nothing seems as deadly to this line up, not even DNite or Flutter. I'm maybe not as fond of Chien-pao, as most other top mons. Gholdengo necessitates a tera from Frosmoth, not my favorite mon and it'll most definitely be brought I think. Glimmora is a huge irritant, w/o a grounded poison I don't enjoy getting it w/ Surging Strikes, so that's another point in favor of getting rid of Urshifu RS. I won mostly most recently, even though some was freeze hax lol(yay ice types,) so I'm somewhat forgetful of what really gets me. I suppose a Munkidori w/ Rapid Strike got me, woulda helped there to have Flare Blitz on Infernape maybe, though I prefer the better Oger-H match up and stuff, for now.

https://pokepast.es/cc6f82c3532b311c
Great team some really creative solutions to common threats i love reading your team reports =]!

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I've been waiting to make this, I've shared each team on Discord already but it's nice to have them all in one place that isn't just my teambuilder, so here goes the Reg E teams I used in BSS Masters!

Unfortunately there's no replays anymore, except for the Grand Finals vs Papiloco

Round 2 vs. Zerotti: https://pokepast.es/a88da179d9c98f14 - extreme fat with Gliscor and Fezandipiti
Round 4 vs. MrBanana45: https://pokepast.es/5b63926c5f5b5df7 - face to face with Arcanine-H and Scale Shot Garchomp
Round 6 vs. Luisin: https://pokepast.es/bfdf5e531dfabb0f - Red Card Glimmora lead
Round 8 vs. Papiloco: https://pokepast.es/660c6a3d0f0c43d5 - a Hippo Moon Gholdengo core with Scale Shot Moon over Tera Fying Acrobactics
Round 9(loser's bracket) vs. MrBanana45: https://pokepast.es/f27f9f902331bf63 - face to face with Scarf Scizor and a very bulky Ursaluna BM
Grand Finals(loser's bracket) vs. Papiloco: https://pokepast.es/6dbfdbfb39bb39de - face to face with Sub Seed Ogerpon-H, Band Tera Electric Urshifu-R, and a mini TR core with Ursaluna BM and Iron Valiant as the setter
Grand Final(bracket reset) vs. Papiloco: https://pokepast.es/5a90a6b820964dee - Sun offense with CB Moon and Ogerpon-H as abusers

:Frosmoth: :Mandibuzz: :Infernape: :Noivern: :Azumarill: :Orthworm:

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

The star of this and, hopefully any, team I make. So happy I discovered this, total Gyrados syndrome where the useless floppy NFE turns into a real gem. QD was never used, and ground gives amazing coverage w/ the rest. Also it takes rock really well, good to tera on the 2nd turn(in case they EQ for some reason, idk even) on Ting-lu. You still get winded, but you take negligible damage coming back later. AV is thus chosen because it's ridiculous special bulk. Just recently +2 tera Flutter Moonblast did like 70(hung on w/ 1 HP lol.) Now that's presumably timid, but keep in mind I'm not a calm nature here. EVs were living pao already, decided to dump excess spe in SpD instead of HP since it SEEMS to help live 2 Timid Specs tera overheats from Chi-yu, so I can switch in really always if terad prior just about, bar crits. Also they avoid a 2hko from Luna BM terad normal. Pretty much a shoe-in to win that match-up too. Also I believe I take Normal Tera e speed w/o other boosts from obvious. Spe does something, had more for 4 spe 87s, but didn't seem to come up. Bax will try to boost spe anyways, unless it's aybe a hard to hurt AV itself. Moves are great, Ice Beam is tremendous damage, usually even when neutral, and tiny hax. Giga Drain is needed healing, like vs. Flutter, and just for finishing weak stuff too. Tera Blast helps vs ptherwise missed targets who could also otherwise hit hard, steels, fires, and(not hitting hard, but still,) pex. This is now my favorite mon. Oh, and Bug Buzz gets through subs, mainly for the rare Wo-Chien, but also non Throat Chop Pao(seems to be like none, plus they like sash, eek,) Cress, and Espathra(another big subber.) It actually COULD go, though it is STAB. Will keep unless it gets used this little over a really long period of time.

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 31 Atk
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Iron Defense

Put this on a whim, for DNite, maybe Urshifus, spores, and idk cause it's all buried in my 500+ pages convo w/ someone. IVs and nature not a msitake-Mand is fat and resists dark, I HTed it and minted to here cause was gonna use phys. attacks that use my atk. Not right now though, but there's 0 point to breed and re-mint cause it won't get hurt by FP, confusion is rare and probably not coming up since Zappy gets SE STAB>Hurricne, AND I may go back to phys attacks. Helmet over lefties is being tried to take out some Urshifus, DNite, and mostly Roaring Moon who I know remember this is for(also for some kind of set up on Gliscor when I tera or am Shed Tailed. Can' hurt it, but it's rare anyway imo and will lose timer 1v1 cause Mandi is good HP.) The Roaring Moon thing comes up mainly if it's taunt, as imo I need the chip there. Overcoat stops spores, I was told I could ditch Goodra-H, and the Sap Sipper for spores was the main thing that did for me specifically, so I'm glad I have that anyway. Poison tera for Glis, removing the T Spikes(luckily can do this w/o a poison on the 1st switch in, cause fly type,) Flutter(the 4 SpD can't go in Spe, they reduce reg's chance to 3hko I think, or something. W/ Shadow when I'm terad,) and pex. Roost is crucial and very strong, Iron Def can help if they use atk, say for instance they then choose to boost w/ SD or DD, Foul Play hits absurdly hard. I like Mandi a bunch, there's a wild poison in Kitakami so she doesn't even eat up shards. 4mss though. I've though about Weak Armor, but the spores probably sway me to avoid it. It WOULD punish Urshifu RS that die to my helmet cause they are weakened, because I'd live the hit(s) and then be fast. Probably too detrimental w/ DNite though, who bypasses my Spe.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Switcheroo

I ofc can't remember all of why this is hee, though I think it's largely Urshifus WITH Oger h(Infernape kinda gets these, but not RS Urshifu, and it can't hurt to double up on such strong mons) and subs. TrickSpecs can mess w/ stuff through sub, which seems really cool. I love trickchoice and now am using it on 2. Normal Tera boomburst seems really vital to this mon thanks to the vaguely underwhelming SpA generally. Air Slash gets Oger, bar rock who hates Focus miss, that don't tera, and stuff like loom and Urshifus. The flinch is universally helpful too, have gotten at least 1 slow flutter w/ that. Focus Blast gets non terad Garg, Chi Yu, and Luna BM. I like to try to run some bulk pretty much always, here it's mainly for something from Chi-Yu when I've terad already. This can cushion a miss, for example. SpA is min to ohko Chi-Yu, or something. I try hard to keep sets I might continue to use/go back to, but the reasoning usually gets forgotten. Max Spe is necessary given it's just above something else. I have no real complaints about this mon, it definitely is underrated imo. Only thing is it MIGHT duplicate too many weaknesses, and overlaps some w/ Infernape cause both get Oger-H(I'm not sure which is better for it, probably either is fine.)

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Close Combat
- Raging Fury
- U-turn

Idk why this is here like always, but the bulk has saved me, and it gets +1 Adamant Roaring Moon on spe. Max Atk seems ok also pretty sure I took normal E Speed from DNite. Blaze is better w/o punching moves, and saves a patch. It can make Raging Fury, which I run to avoid recoil, incredibly strong. I like Raging Fury quite a bit, several times recoil would've got me, and w/ a choice set all you really take away is the ability to switch, you are already locked in. Fire is les sbad to lock into than Outrage. CC leaves me walled by DNite and pex, for beginners, but seems non-negotiable, can get Dark Urshifu, Lunas, etc. Switcheroo is often better w/ Scarf than Specs even, hence that, it's crippled a few mons. U-Turn is great on choice, not too bad ever really, tjough Noivern is too low of Atk for it imo, and needs all the power/coverage it has. THis used to make me wea to Azu, idk now. Can be hard to bring cause DNite, but idk what to change for that. A rock move has a huge cost, cause I'd drop cc or U-turn, and ofc this lacks ice punch.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Spinner

I was suggested to use Azu, it seems ok. SItrus and AV are taken, so that mostly leaves this sort of set. EVs should better take 2 normal unboosted e speeds. I liek Aqua Jet, would've got an Oger h after tera normal non specs(tricked the other thing) Noivern boomburst, had they not resigned. Liqudation is a nice addition they gave to Azu whenever, over the hard to flinch w/ Waterfall. Play Rough is ofc obligatory, though it misses some, and Ice Spinner seems perfectly fine to pressure DNite extra, as I have what I believe is the premier bundle counter in Fromsoth(seriously, they need Flip Turn on a terad moth or they die hard.) So Superpower wouldn't hit that much, just like Kingambit, and I have lots of fighting coverage. Water tera is for damage and ease of getting. I find Azu somehow boring, but a water resist helps I guess. Can take all of Palafin's normal stuff, and benefits from rain itself.

Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Shed Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

I put this for Gliscor, and made it Shed Tail to take advantage of them, rather than both of us sitting there w/ my low-ish HP stat. Norml EVs, had some more Spe but wanted even HP for Sitrus. Poison is a good tera for Orthworm cause fighting, and the few weaknesses. SR rarely impresses me when I use it, but I've learned to watch out for it. Seems ok for now, might go Lefties and Iron def, even w/ shed tail. Heavy Slam is plainly for flutter. I really like Orthworm, the stats are deceptive. They seem low, except you get giant def, and that's also the main source of damage. Earth Eater stops a weakness terad or not, and isn't even 100% known about somehow. I already don't like saying it caus eit always seems like people who say it is this are wrong, but it may be ironic this is one of the better slow Frosmoth answers, as it takes ground, grass, ice, and bug fine. Also fairy and flying were I to run those instead of bug so lol. My only complaint about this mon is in the mechanics of Shed Tail. It takes half your hp but is a sub w/ just 1/4 of it, and doesn't pass w/ the steel type, but rather w/ the recipient's. A SR resistance is nice, since I obviously don't like those being up. Body Press can hit Ting Lu ok.

Getting better, if you look over my posts here you'll see I'm really never only 1 loss ahead of wins. Frosmoth isn't just my favorite, it's often the star of the show. Most special attacks bounce right off, and something that actually deals some damage like Luna BM or Chi-yu has obvious weaknesses to my set. Physical stuff...well thankfully I have Mandi now. I just have to play better, starting but definitely not ending w/ team preview. I know I've thought "why didn't I bring __" but I don't think I've thought "why can't I beat __." I expect to improve now, w/ this team. Oh, I really dislike surprise Heavy Slam and/or Cb from Ting Lu, that's minor though.

https://pokepast.es/7cc80f0c71017f0a

Well this was far from being my best run but I finally made it to Master Ball one last time before regulation E ended. My team was largely the same as the one I shared during regulation D but some interesting moveset changes such as giving Dragonite Roost and Iron Bundle Substitute. Substitute was a great tool to prevent statuses (thunder wave was really popular) and baiting out close combat stat drops.

Other than that, Landorus remained a very important core especially with the intimidate drops and stealth rock. I replaced Heatran from my previous team with Urshifu but the bear surprisingly saw little usage during my ladder grind especially during ultra ball. Scizor more or less ended up replacing Heatran as one of my cores but Dragonite also saw some pretty good usage during my ultra ball run.

See you all in 2024 for regulation F!

Attachments

Well this was far from being my best run but I finally made it to Master Ball one last time before the regulation ended. My team was largely the same as the one I shared the beginning of reg E but some interesting moveset changes such as giving Dragonite Roost and Iron Bundle Substitute. Substitute was a great tool to prevent statuses (thunder wave was really popular) and baiting out close combat stat drops. Other than that, Landorus remained a very important core especially with the intimidate drops and stealth rock. I replaced Heatran from my previous team with Urshifu but the bear surprisingly saw little usage during my ladder grind especially during ultra ball. Scizor more or less ended up replacing Heatran as one of my cores but Dragonite also saw some pretty good usage during my ultra ball run.

See you all in 2024 for regulation F!
Congratulations on masterball!!! Great team!!

:Frosmoth: :Dipplin: :Zapdos: :Noivern: :Garganacl: :Skeledirge:

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

My favorite. Hasn't changed for a while, pretty great vs. most special stuff. Some examples are BM beast, Iron Bundle, and, if terad, heaps of stuff since nobody hits 4x SE, and 2x se is usually meh if special, say a glimmora energy ball on terad moth. Didn't add HP when I took from Spe, this seems to give better rolls with chi yi(terad,) and BM. Tera ground to me is the only good choice, as that blast hits 2 types that wall the rest of the moves. Bug buzz is pretty niche, it overlaps on grasses with ice STAB, so it mainly hits 2 of the ruins. I don't feel air slash or dazzling gleam help much, not that I've tried them.

Dipplin @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Revover
- Infestation
- Sucker Punch

I like the applin line, and do cool this can Eviolite now. Was just short of viable before imo. Sticky Hold ro ruin trick and void the worst part of knock off, good with eviolite. Poison Tera is the wild kitakami one, resists a bunch. Giga Drain seems plainly better than syrup bomb, recover is needed, and I love infestation stall plus trap. Sucker punch just often ends up being convenient, with the chip of infestation. Not strong but meh.i like this Mon, it's pretty cool, though I do worry how it'll compare January with p2 back. Seems to partly be better than the evo.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Switcheroo

Put this back for urshifu and ogers. It really impressed me by taking, all non tera though, trailblaze, knock off, and ivy cudgel from oger h. Focus blast can hit chi yu, Garg, and BM, so it's valued over flamethrower, but the focus with this Mon is getting oger regardless of mask type(rock match up is shaky obviously, but it should be the 2nd rarest and is hit SE even so,) and urshifus mainly. I find before trick this can deal some huge damage, and if I don't have specs it means something got crippled, so that should be a positive too.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 4 SpA/ 36 SpD/ 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Acrobatics
- Discharge
- Roost
- U-turn

Put this to para that 3 hit urshifu mainly. Default Tera, will likely change to water soon. I really like mixed, u turn on grounds is cool, and Acrobatics is some damage to flutter, and accurate. I am specially based, so I wouldn't want a regular zappy. Evs do something with flutter, mainly for Def though. This is kinda good, may look into other static stuff though, unsure. Does suck cudgel isn't contact.

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def/ 4 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Alluring Voice
- Torch Song
- Slack Off
- Scorching Sands

Put this to support Dipplin. Takes most of the weaknesses, and ignores boosts. I realized too late people won't boost much on unaware, but it has Alluring voice anyway for now. Spe for 4 spe 70s like sinistcha. Default Tera until I decide. Idk if this is good, it seems like it should be though.

Garganacl @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Fissure

Put this over Mamo, still gets SR and fissure for stall. Water Tera is the better one I have, cause of Scizor. Cloak let's me fish on the mirror, or even cure them without fearing it, also dark pulse flinches/etc. simple moves and evs I would think, for the role. This probably helps my match up with other Frosmoth fwiw. Seems ok, but idk for now, pretty new. Still sorta fears pao, sadly.

Um, I do awful but wanted to kill time lol. So here it is.

https://pokepast.es/737bff9e07b90a25

Last edited:
Omastar68 Per the thread description:
This thread will be where you can casually share the teams that you had success with on the Showdown or Switch ladder, without the need to make an entire RMT thread. Do keep in mind that this does not mean you can post ANY team; this thread also doubles as a resource thread for players to see potential teams to use. We reserve the right to delete any teams that does not appear polished or complete, so make sure your team is well tested.
Please do not post teams just to "kill time" and if your explanations are going to be, "On phone, look at my old posts." This is well below the quality expected of posts in this thread and is a disservice to players trying to use this thread as a learning resource.

Ok will edit. I mean it is my team it's not like this is cobbled together just so I can post. But yeah descriptions are worthwhile, I guess even if I can't really give new ones cause the main stuff is the same use.

hello everyone, this is your reigning, defending, undisputed bss circuit champion here with the team dump that made the whole thing happen.

in total i ended up using 11 different teams throughout the whole of the invitational. i'm going to do what i can to talk through the decision making, but this all happened a little while ago so i don't remember a lot of the finer details.
for the most part, i didn't make a lot of these spreads myself. they are either just lifted straight from japanese team reports or taken from old teams. this is because my whole regulation e was dedicated to captaining the uk to the championship in victory road's world cup of vgc (a nearly 4 month long tournament).

top 12 vs medeia:

going into the invitational, this was the first i was game i was going to play in bss reg e since the masters (i think?) and i wasn't confident in making my own teams after the great replay purge. so these two teams are just straight rips from japanese team reports.

:iron bundle: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 1 - https://pokepast.es/3ab353804abced1c
this team was the 2nd place ladder team from the november season. i chose it because i love garganacl and i thought iron bundle was a fun twist.

:dragonite: :ogerpon wellspring: :garganacl: :gholdengo: :flutter mane: :urshifu:
team 2 - https://pokepast.es/4326adfdd00e427a
the was the 6th place team from the same season. really, i just picked both of these because they had high placing garganacl.

:iron valiant: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 3 - this is thick fat azumarill's iron valiant team. i liked the look of the iron valiant and the bloodmoon from this team is going to make a lot reappearances.

top 8 luisin:

this was probably the match i was the most stressed about throughout the whole invitationals run. i don't think i'd ever beaten luisin in a tour before and he put me into losers bracket of masters in round 2 and i got espathra'd hard. so i wanted to make sure i had a dedicated way to beat that. the skeledirge i brought was the only pokemon set i made myself, solely to deal with any possible espathra i might run into (spoilers: there was no espathra).
it was almost fully spdef, tera dark to counter any kind of espathra set up and slowly overwhelm it with torsh song. yawn was to cover the possibility of 252+ espathra, though i didn't think that was as likely.

4 SpA Espathra Dazzling Gleam vs. 236 HP / 244 SpD Tera-Dark Skeledirge: 60-72 (28.7 - 34.4%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Espathra Dazzling Gleam vs. 236 HP / 244 SpD Tera-Dark Skeledirge: 80-96 (38.2 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

outside of this, i asked about the meta and thedarknessmadeflesh gave me the run down of the 'big 7' and how a lot of top teams would just run variations of those mons with different sets to make them hard to predict, while remaining strong due to the general power of the pokemon themselves. so i wanted to start with two different versions of the same six pokemon.

:flutter mane: :chien pao: :urshifu: :gholdengo: :dragonite: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 4 - https://pokepast.es/9dab2fb63cfef9aa
this is the first of the two 'bait' teams and it contains two of my favourite bss sets that i've ever used. dragon killer urshifu and bastard dragonite. i do not remember who gave me that urshifu set but it is incredible. the idea is that it lures in rocky helmet dragonite, takes no recoil, and then ohko's with ice punch when they try to roost off the damage. it somehow works every single time. i don't think i need to explain this dragonite set, i think everyone is very familiar with it. the rest of the team was just about punching holes and creating opportunities for flutter to set up.

:skeledirge: :dragonite: :glimmora: :mimikyu: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 5 - https://pokepast.es/958352c138239c2f
i wanted to use skeledirge but didn't want to fully commit to a 'counter team', i needed to make sure things worked outside of specific match ups, so the rest of the team was built around hazard set up with glimmora to put everything in range of banded urshifu. i added bright powder mimikyu wanting some priority and a fairy type, but it wasn't until i was playing that i remembered what the second part of ursaluna's ability does.

:flutter mane: :chien pao: :urshifu: :gholdengo: :dragonite: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 6 - https://pokepast.es/63abfd4fdc68f26e
part two of the bait squad. this version is a lot more hyper offensive, with basically only gholdengo and ursaluna able to take hits, with the rest being built to hit hard and fast, or set up to hit hard and fast.

top 4 thick fat azumarill:

when i got to this point i was pretty happy, i had outperformed last years 5th place and this was when i started to think i maybe had a good chance of winning the whole thing. my approach for this round was to refine the teams i'd previously used and make them a bit more solid. i had originally planned on building a fun samurott (unova) team but talked myself out of it on the pretense that i wanted to win.

:chien pao: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 7 - https://pokepast.es/173fb315f7063814
this is an update of the first team i used in the whole tournament. i changed some of the sets to ones i was more comfortable with. added dragon killer urshifu, and made iron bundle into scarf chien pao to try and catch potential scarf urshifu leads. as a side, i love this ogerpon set. the bulk is insane, and while i missed the speed a little, basically knowing i would comfortably take any hits that were coming my way more than made up for it, plus not a lot of people anticipate quick attack which i like.

:skeledirge: :dragonite: :glimmora: :chien pao: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 8 - https://pokepast.es/898dfaf006ca1207
i had seen tfa use an espathra in a replay and went into panic mode, so wanted to update this team so i could at least maybe scare it away from team selection hopefully. i think the core of it is strong anyway, so i swapped out mimikyu for banded chien pao for some extra damage and updated urshifu to my 'signature' set. the bloodmoon set is ironally tfa's as well, which is kind of fun.

finals the squash:

when invitationals started, i didn't really think i'd get this far with how little i'd properly kept up with the meta but i was about a week removed from winning wcop so i was hungry to make that a double championship. so i wasn't going to half ass things. i spent a good couple of hours going through squash's replays to try and recognise patterns in sets used and noticed that the dragonite that they used most frequently was tera flying tera blast, so i changed all the dragon killer urshifu's i was using to tera electric (in hindsight, i think steel would have been smarter to cover flutter as well).

:dondozo: :dragonite: :ogerpon hearthflame: :ting lu: :gholdengo: :urshifu:
team 9 - https://pokepast.es/fcccaec4ac082547
this was the second fully unique team i made for the tour that wasn't based off of any existing teams/concepts. i wanted the core of dondozo/ting lu because it matched up well into a lot of squash's more commonly used offensive cores. urshifu and gholdengo were both choiced to break through things that might disrupt my defensive cores. urshifu has slight spdef because i'd seen a lot of scarf chi yu in replays and i wanted to make sure i guaranteed survival vs tera fairy tera blast from modest scarf if i also tera (which i would need to ko if they tera'd):

252+ SpA Beads of Ruin Tera-Fairy Chi-Yu Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 28 SpD Tera-Water Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 147-174 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

dragonite was the loaded dice tera steel set, which i thought would go well with the ting lu/dondozo disruption, they can phase around and cause a lot of switches and the idea was to call any doubles and get a free dd. ogerpon was just my favourite bulky set to round out the teams offensive needs.

:flutter mane: :dragonite: :glimmora: :chien pao: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 10 - https://pokepast.es/7faab7fdda1e613f
there isn't much to this one. it's an update of the skeledirge team, the team i'm probably most comfortable with, and i didn't feel as much of a need for skeledirge during this set so replace them with bulky tera water hex flutter mane after seeing a similar set in one of the other invitational games. it seemed like a great additional win-con that synergised well with glimmora's hazards.

:ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :landorus therian: :dragonite: :scizor: :amoonguss:
team 11 - https://pokepast.es/426a03411ca06281
i was mostly set on using those two teams but wanted something more aggressive to hopefully steal a quick game in a game 3. the december results had just dropped by the time we played and i updated the 4th place team to be a bit more my speed. i changed the urshifu to the spread i'd used the whole tournament, and swapped iron bundle out for amoonguss because i wanted a better pivot pokemon into urshifu/ogerpon wellspring without a bulky dragonite.

and that's it. the teams i used to win 2023's circuit. regulation e is over but a couple will probably still be good to use based off of the usage stats lol. special thanks to aldrich for never giving up on me and maintaining the status of jamie kean's number 1 fan through all these years, to herv who offered me help with practice sets and we both forgot, and again thanks to thedarknessmadeflesh for literally teaching me how the format worked.

Last edited:
hello everyone, this is your reigning, defending, undisputed bss circuit champion here with the team dump that made the whole thing happen.

in total i ended up using 11 different teams throughout the whole of the invitational. i'm going to do what i can to talk through the decision making, but this all happened a little while ago so i don't remember a lot of the finer details.
for the most part, i didn't make a lot of these spreads myself. they are either just lifted straight from japanese team reports or taken from old teams. this is because my whole regulation e was dedicated to captaining the uk to the championship in victory road's world cup of vgc (a nearly 4 month long tournament).

top 12 vs medeia:

going into the invitational, this was the first i was game i was going to play in bss reg e since the masters (i think?) and i wasn't confident in making my own teams after the great replay purge. so these two teams are just straight rips from japanese team reports.

:iron bundle: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 1 - https://pokepast.es/3ab353804abced1c
this team was the 2nd place ladder team from the november season. i chose it because i love garganacl and i thought iron bundle was a fun twist.

:dragonite: :ogerpon wellspring: :garganacl: :gholdengo: :flutter mane: :urshifu:
team 2 - https://pokepast.es/4326adfdd00e427a
the was the 6th place team from the same season. really, i just picked both of these because they had high placing garganacl.

:iron valiant: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 3 - this is thick fat azumarill's iron valiant team. i liked the look of the iron valiant and the bloodmoon from this team is going to make a lot reappearances.

top 8 luisin:

this was probably the match i was the most stressed about throughout the whole invitationals run. i don't think i'd ever beaten luisin in a tour before and he put me into losers bracket of masters in round 2 and i got espathra'd hard. so i wanted to make sure i had a dedicated way to beat that. the skeledirge i brought was the only pokemon set i made myself, solely to deal with any possible espathra i might run into (spoilers: there was no espathra).
it was almost fully spdef, tera dark to counter any kind of espathra set up and slowly overwhelm it with torsh song. yawn was to cover the possibility of 252+ espathra, though i didn't think that was as likely.

4 SpA Espathra Dazzling Gleam vs. 236 HP / 244 SpD Tera-Dark Skeledirge: 60-72 (28.7 - 34.4%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Espathra Dazzling Gleam vs. 236 HP / 244 SpD Tera-Dark Skeledirge: 80-96 (38.2 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

outside of this, i asked about the meta and thedarknessmadeflesh gave me the run down of the 'big 7' and how a lot of top teams would just run variations of those mons with different sets to make them hard to predict, while remaining strong due to the general power of the pokemon themselves. so i wanted to start with two different versions of the same six pokemon.

team 4 - https://pokepast.es/9dab2fb63cfef9aa
this is the first of the two 'bait' teams and it contains two of my favourite bss sets that i've ever used. dragon killer urshifu and bastard dragonite. i do not remember who gave me that urshifu set but it is incredible. the idea is that it lures in rocky helmet dragonite, takes no recoil, and then ohko's with ice punch when they try to roost off the damage. it somehow works every single time. i don't think i need to explain this dragonite set, i think everyone is very familiar with it. the rest of the team was just about punching holes and creating opportunities for flutter to set up.

:skeledirge: :dragonite: :glimmora: :mimikyu: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 5 - https://pokepast.es/958352c138239c2f
i wanted to use skeledirge but didn't want to fully commit to a 'counter team', i needed to make sure things worked outside of specific match ups, so the rest of the team was built around hazard set up with glimmora to put everything in range of banded urshifu. i added bright powder mimikyu wanting some priority and a fairy type, but it wasn't until i was playing that i remembered what the second part of ursaluna's ability does.

team 6 - https://pokepast.es/63abfd4fdc68f26e
part two of the bait squad. this version is a lot more hyper offensive, with basically only gholdengo and ursaluna able to take hits, with the rest being built to hit hard and fast, or set up to hit hard and fast.

top 4 thick fat azumarill:

when i got to this point i was pretty happy, i had outperformed last years 5th place and this was when i started to think i maybe had a good chance of winning the whole thing. my approach for this round was to refine the teams i'd previously used and make them a bit more solid. i had originally planned on building a fun samurott (unova) team but talked myself out of it on the pretense that i wanted to win.

:chien pao: :ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :garganacl: :ogerpon hearthflame: :dragonite:
team 7 - https://pokepast.es/173fb315f7063814
this is an update of the first team i used in the whole tournament. i changed some of the sets to ones i was more comfortable with. added dragon killer urshifu, and made iron bundle into scarf chien pao to try and catch potential scarf urshifu leads. as a side, i love this ogerpon set. the bulk is insane, and while i missed the speed a little, basically knowing i would comfortably take any hits that were coming my way more than made up for it, plus not a lot of people anticipate quick attack which i like.

:skeledirge: :dragonite: :glimmora: :chien pao: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 8 - https://pokepast.es/898dfaf006ca1207
i had seen tfa use an espathra in a replay and went into panic mode, so wanted to update this team so i could at least maybe scare it away from team selection hopefully. i think the core of it is strong anyway, so i swapped out mimikyu for banded chien pao for some extra damage and updated urshifu to my 'signature' set. the bloodmoon set is ironally tfa's as well, which is kind of fun.

finals the squash:

when invitationals started, i didn't really think i'd get this far with how little i'd properly kept up with the meta but i was about a week removed from winning wcop so i was hungry to make that a double championship. so i wasn't going to half ass things. i spent a good couple of hours going through squash's replays to try and recognise patterns in sets used and noticed that the dragonite that they used most frequently was tera flying tera blast, so i changed all the dragon killer urshifu's i was using to tera electric (in hindsight, i think steel would have been smarter to cover flutter as well).

:dondozo: :dragonite: :ogerpon hearthflame: :ting lu: :gholdengo: :urshifu:
team 9 - https://pokepast.es/fcccaec4ac082547
this was the second fully unique team i made for the tour that wasn't based off of any existing teams/concepts. i wanted the core of dondozo/ting lu because it matched up well into a lot of squash's more commonly used offensive cores. urshifu and gholdengo were both choiced to break through things that might disrupt my defensive cores. urshifu has slight spdef because i'd seen a lot of scarf chi yu in replays and i wanted to make sure i guaranteed survival vs tera fairy tera blast from modest scarf if i also tera (which i would need to ko if they tera'd):

252+ SpA Beads of Ruin Tera-Fairy Chi-Yu Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 28 SpD Tera-Water Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 147-174 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

dragonite was the loaded dice tera steel set, which i thought would go well with the ting lu/dondozo disruption, they can phase around and cause a lot of switches and the idea was to call any doubles and get a free dd. ogerpon was just my favourite bulky set to round out the teams offensive needs.

:flutter mane: :dragonite: :glimmora: :chien pao: :urshifu: :ursaluna bloodmoon:
team 10 - https://pokepast.es/7faab7fdda1e613f
there isn't much to this one. it's an update of the skeledirge team, the team i'm probably most comfortable with, and i didn't feel as much of a need for skeledirge during this set so replace them with bulky tera water hex flutter mane after seeing a similar set in one of the other invitational games. it seemed like a great additional win-con that synergised well with glimmora's hazards.

:ursaluna bloodmoon: :urshifu: :landorus therian: :dragonite: :scizor: :amoonguss:
team 11 - https://pokepast.es/0b78d575a9d14730
i was mostly set on using those two teams but wanted something more aggressive to hopefully steal a quick game in a game 3. the december results had just dropped by the time we played and i updated the 4th place team to be a bit more my speed. i changed the urshifu to the spread i'd used the whole tournament, and swapped iron bundle out for amoonguss because i wanted a better pivot pokemon into urshifu/ogerpon wellspring without a bulky dragonite.

and that's it. the teams i used to win 2023's circuit. regulation e is over but a couple will probably still be good to use based off of the usage stats lol. special thanks to aldrich for never giving up on me and maintaining the status of jamie kean's number 1 fan through all these years, to herv who offered me help with practice sets and we both forgot, and again thanks to thedarknessmadeflesh for literally teaching me how the format worked.
Phenomenal victory jaime kean!!!! Im so honored i got to chat with you i had no idea you got that much out of our convos i just love talking about bss with anyone who will listen! Congratulations to you and Phenomenal teams and team building! Congrats!!!

:Frosmoth: :Iron Hands: :Cresselia: :Dondozo: :Goodra-Hisui: :Scizor:

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

My favorite, which is absurdly specially bulky w/o giving up power. EVs emphasize this, outspeed 4 spe 70s, and take an unboosted hit from pao iirc. Ground tera is the most important thing, often more than AV even. I love the newfound coverage on fires and steels, as ice/ bug/grass deals w/ neither(generally.) AV is still good to take a pittance from most everything special, I've seen BM beast do like 50 damage w/ Blood Moon. Giga Drain is great healing, water teras are common too, as is Urshifu RS switching in. Other two moves are obvious, Bug Buzz is niche for Cress, subs, and wo chien mainly. Also ofc the aforementioned pao. I suppose I could drop that and replace AV, except my lefties are taken and everything...overall happy w/ this mon. Great into Bundle too(ar ethey getting scarce? idk.)

Iron Hands @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 60 HP / 220 Atk / 196 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Supercell Slam
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Charge *

I might ditch charge as it's hard to utilize well. I'm not sure though, so for now it is for defensive(not trick!) Gholdengo and Zaodos, mainly. EVs take 2 DNite EQs or what have you, Spe for 4 spe BM. BE Atk is very srong, and w/ tera Supercell rips through a ton that isn't immune. Play Rough is preferred over Ice Punch to me, though there's the dubious acc unfortunately. I still don't really get why Moonblast is stronger BP and effect than Play Rough, but 100 acc. Anyways, maintains something on DNite and them, but also hits Annihilape and such. Drain Punch is obligatory for the STAB and good healing. This can be pretty good, even w/ the low SpD.

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wave Crash
- Rest
- Curse
- Fissure

I replaced Mamo w/ this, it's purely better. It still has Curse, rest, and Fissure like Mamo. I've yet to decide on if I should match Mamo's tera of ghost, for possible ghost curse. At any rate, non tera curse seems good enough to get more bulk and power, if I do use Wave Crash I want it to ohko, rather than me taking a bunch of attacks and recoil to boot. Fissure is still good on Curse imo for stall, iirc it's even other options in the stratdex for curse Dozo. EVs are boring, but seem ok. Fairy tera is from before for Urshifus. I don't mind it anyways. This is very strong, I love having rest to not be crippled by t spikes.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance

I had Scream Tail for Gouging Fire(water tera, t wave, helmet,) and a Healing Wish Latias, but I decided to consolidate them in one mon. This is even bulkier than either(not counting scream's sun boost,) and has a BETTER Healing Wish. Still should mess up Gouging between the helmet and T wave, not sure why I didn't add Water tera, although this seems fine since, unlike scream, Cress isn't normally immune to dragon. Ice Beam is kinda just for Lando T. I may or may not change it based on future results. Moonblast mostly gets dragons well enough already(I'd hope.) Regular EVs, this is pretty good, mainly for the healing(of others, I don't easily fit in Moonlight here.)

Goodra-Hisui @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Shelter
- Draco Meteor

I put this for Flutter and spores, very strong mon imo. Great stats, except spe which is why I take out of that w/ nature. Spe EVs are for...probably BM again. I had a lot of trouble trying other sets for this mon, but when I tried ShelterPress(forgot to teach acid armor pre evo LOL) it all kinda clicked, imo best set. Sitrus just cause lefties are taken. Fairy tera is leftover from analysis, but is great for Breloom, as it then can do 0 usually. Heavy Slam is a great move not just for Flutter, but using the possible atk buff(can do a lot to Iron Moth interestingly, and hurts Sinistcha.) Draco is just an ok move, it's in the analysis so I kept it. Sludge Wave wouldn't help much, as Ogerpon takes more from 1 hit of DM than 1 of wave. And after one of those I can probably get it w/ body press, unless it kos in which case wave still wouldn't have helped. This has beaten whole teams alone, I find it great.

Scizor @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

I put this for Flutter and Urshifus per a suggestion(not of Scizor, but those threats. Also technically Scizor was suggested even earlier.) Too early to tell if it's very good, but it seems fine. Boring EVs, I had more bulk, but that reduces...well probably not much now that I think of it. Since I'm not steel tera, -2 BP won't ohko Flutter w/ good bulk(charmers) ever anyway, so I can probably run less, though I shouldn't need to as I expect CB Urshifus to be rare-ish. Expert Bel is chosen because lo comprimises bulk, and a lot of Scizor-y stuff is taken. Fire tera is one I had, that didn't need to be tera changed and traded to evo, and it's at least more reasonable than stellar or dragon I'd THINK. Knock Off is general utility and coverage, it's sorta strong even w/o Technician buff. Idk I feel like I want to try Bug Bite, esp. for the berry using Ting Lu, but not yet. Dual Wingbeat should destroy Urshifus, and is common. SD seemed good for w/e reason, it does cut into coverage on an Expert Belt set, though. Anyways generally great mon, you can tell from usage. Was put on a whim, but shouldn't end up costing me given its power.

I was just #1,818 LOL. 5-1. So funny for me, though season just started so I'm probably #2k or less even an hour later. C ould be stronger vs. Ogerpon h I think, but maybe am ok there. So far so good.

https://pokepast.es/9b74da3b4d85451e

Last edited:
:Latias: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Moth: :Bastiodon: :Roaring Moon: :Annihilape:

Quick team report. I experimented around early in the season, which is why my win/loss ratio is not as good as it could have been, but at least I now have a master ball ribbon on my shiny Delibird :) I also replaced several team members along the way, only Latias stayed consistent. I probably could have pushed further, since I was on a good run of form towards the end. However, I decided to go for the master ball rewards on the doubles ladder during the last few days of the season.

Team: https://pokepast.es/3382d66b2a59ad6c

Rental code: TVLQH2

1706805298600.png

:Latias:
Latias @ Covert Cloak
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mist Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

The protagonist of this team. Latias has good coverage, but due to it basically only having 2 attacking moves with Calm Mind and Recover, it will always struggle against some Mons. This set is good against a lot of stuff, but loses mainly against Roaring Moon, Ting-Lu and (funnily enough) other Latias and some Latios (out of the main meta relevant mons). It is particularly good in matchups with Garganacl and Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (Yawn can be annoying). After Tera she basically has no weakness anymore and can comfortably set up against a lot of special attackers and not as powerful physical ones too. Besides Garganacl, Covert Cloak comes in handy to prevent Icicle Crash flinches, Rock tomb speed drops from Landorus-Therian and potential Moonblast or Shadow Ball drops from Flutter Mane. In fact, I think I won all my Calm Mind wars against Calm Mind Flutter Mane, despite no investment in any special stat. Tera Electric is also great to prevent annoying Thunder Waves from Flutter Mane and friends. The defensive EVs are there to have chances to survive 2 Icicle Crashes from Adamant Chien-Pao after tera, Jolly ones do already do less than 50%. The speed EVs are for the now somewhat irrelevant Adamant Baxcalibur, but I still like this speed stat. It outspeeds several bulky Urshifus and a lot of other relevant mons with middling speed stats or faster Mons with little investment.

:Flutter Mane:
Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Tera Blast

Pretty basic stuff, this time I went with speed and no bulk. Power Gem is for Ogerpon-Hearthflame and Tera Blast Stellar is nice to break through bulkier terrastellized opponents. Being able to delete a Dragonite that is expecting to survive with its Tera option is a great feeling.

:Iron Moth:
Iron Moth @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Discharge
- Toxic

This one was added to deal with Chien-Pao, which didn’t really work out, as this set loses to Choice Band-, Swords Dance- and even Psychic Fangs-versions. Instead this Iron Moth was just kind of there and came in useful from time to time in unspecific situations to stall things out. Discharge was included to deal with Toxapex in 1v1 situations. Since those never really happened to me, a different coverage move would have maybe been better. Still a decent member overall.

:Bastiodon:
Bastiodon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Foul Play
- Heavy Slam

My answer to Roaring Moon (the team is very weak against it) and broadly other problematic physical attackers. The special defence investment is used for a bit more flexibility (it survives 2 modest Specs Shadow Balls from Flutter Mane), considering that the Iron Defense can boost the already great physical defense. Heavy Slam KOs non-bulky Flutter Manes and Foul Play is useful against Tera Flying Roaring Moon or Scale Shot Dragonite. Tera Fighting over a more defensive type like Water is maybe not always ideal, but it can be nice for Body Press. Custap Berry came in handy several times and is great on a Sturdy Mon like this. Overall there are maybe better alternatives for the job that Bastiodon is doing (Maybe Skarmory, Corviknight or Regirock), but I still think this guy is an interesting option with the unique access to Foul Play. Learning when to utilize this guy wasn't straight forward, but it definitely helped improve towards the end of the season.

:Roaring Moon:
IRoaring Moon (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 212 HP / 84 Atk / 52 Def / 12 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Initially I had a Scale Shot Draginite here, but I started to prefer the balance of offence and defence on this Roaring Moon set. It outspeeds Jolly Landorus-Therian and survives a lot (HP 16-1), while still being reasonably strong (I don't remember exact calcs, the spread is quite old). The moves are the basic selection it runs since getting access to Knock Off.

:Annihilape:
Annihilape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Taunt
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock

A fairly basic lead Ape, since I needed a reliable Stealth Rock setter for Latias to deal with Chien-Pao, Dragonite and Ogerpon-Hearthflame. It's unfortunately a bit predictable against better players, so I also needed to learn being a bit more flexible about bringing and utilizing Annihilape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)