Tournament SV Anything Goes Pokemon HOME No Johns Kickoff Tour [Won by tier]

Theia

I'll burn before you bury me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Are we not allowed to call act? Mr.Bossaru and I both did
You didn't provide logs and it's not my job to chase you to do so + as per your own post, you both missed time, which is grounds for a flip, and you asked them to reschedule roughly two hours before dl, at 4 AM their time, so no, you do not get act.

Bossaru's act call is also not valid as, while his scheduling logs are public, there is no proof that either of them were online at the scheduled time, also making this grounds for a coinflip.

You didn't provide logs and it's not my job to chase you to do so + as per your own post, you both missed time, which is grounds for a flip, and you asked them to reschedule roughly two hours before dl, at 4 AM their time, so no, you do not get act.

Bossaru's act call is also not valid as, while his scheduling logs are public, there is no proof that either of them were online at the scheduled time, also making this grounds for a coinflip.
Okay, I can understand the decision regarding mine (even if I strongly disagree) but there have been so many act calls that have been approved with less evidence than Bossaru’s.

oh? name them rn.
IMG_7307.png IMG_7308.pngHighlord, ORAS cup this year, didn’t provide evidence they were on at the scheduled time either. There’s one example. You know if you actually would’ve paid attention and saw that I didn’t actually join this tournament then you wouldn’t have to deal with me.

edit: got the right images this time

Last edited:
Either put Bossaru back in or make a conscious effort to keep standards consistent for activity calls going forward. And for gods sake pay attention to who joins tournaments.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Either put Bossaru back in or make a conscious effort to keep standards consistent for activity calls going forward. And for gods sake pay attention to who joins tournaments.
You posted in the thread while the signups were open. You should know that the bracketmaker checks who posts in the thread, not specifically posting "in", and you can't ask hosts to keep track of who exactly posted "in" or who just wanted to troll in a signups thread. Next time only post if you intend to join and don't blame our hard-working hosts for what is your mistake, thank you.

Last edited:
You posted in the thread while the signups were open. You should know that the bracketmaker checks who posts in the thread, not specifically posting "in", and you can't ask hosts to keep track of who exactly posted "in" or who just wanted to troll in a signups thread. Next time only post if you intend to join and don't blame our hard-working hosts for what is your mistake, thank you.
Or you could address the actual issue that I addressed that everyone seemed to ignore. And it isn’t “my mistake”. If there was an issue with my post you could’ve addressed me directly or deleted it. It shouldnt be that daunting of a task to make sure I typed “in”. In any case, that’s not what upset me; it was more comical than anything else. You conveniently ignored what I was actually upset about and the message I was trying to convey. It isn’t a good look to the staff to be inconsistent on what constitutes a valid activity call. I provided a clear counter example to the justification behind Mr.Bossaru’s activity call and it was completely ignored (no surprise there). Either pichus was in the wrong or Theia is here. So get your shit together. This is embarrassing.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Or you could address the actual issue that I addressed that everyone seemed to ignore. And it isn’t “my mistake”. If there was an issue with my post you could’ve addressed me directly or deleted it. It shouldnt be that daunting of a task to make sure I typed “in”. In any case, that’s not what upset me; it was more comical than anything else. You conveniently ignored what I was actually upset about and the message I was trying to convey. It isn’t a good look to the staff to be inconsistent on what constitutes a valid activity call. I provided a clear counter example to the justification behind Mr.Bossaru’s activity call and it was completely ignored (no surprise there). Either pichus was in the wrong or Theia is here. So get your shit together. This is embarrassing.
This will be my last intervention in the thread as to not derail from its purpose.
The one (singular) example you provided does not set any precedent and all situations are not equivalent, especially when you consider the parties involved. The inconsistencies you are trying to point out are inexistant as you are yourself willing to ignore context, which matters when we do these calls.
To come back to your presence in this tour, again don't expect hosts to skim through all signups to verify if it's an "in" post or just someone trolling. The onus is on you to not post a troll oneliner in a thread whose purpose is to signup for a tour. If you have any more issues take it up with me and I'll be glad to discuss with you, but leave this thread alone and let the host do her job, thanks.

This will be my last intervention in the thread as to not derail from its purpose.
The one (singular) example you provided does not set any precedent and all situations are not equivalent, especially when you consider the parties involved. The inconsistencies you are trying to point out are inexistant as you are yourself willing to ignore context, which matters when we do these calls.
To come back to your presence in this tour, again don't expect hosts to skim through all signups to verify if it's an "in" post or just someone trolling. The onus is on you to not post a troll oneliner in a thread whose purpose is to signup for a tour. If you have any more issues take it up with me and I'll be glad to discuss with you, but leave this thread alone and let the host do her job, thanks.
It’s funny how you’re worried about bloating up the thread when you could’ve avoided the thread yourself altogether and talked to me directly. Or the tournament organizer could’ve just talked to me herself and not ignored my posts for days before a complete non-entity on the issue intervened on her behalf. This is a fucking joke.

Also I dm’d you regarding this issue further as I am by no means finished.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru

Yo

While this tournament is not an official tournament and so I will not overrule the host, like most TDs I am happy to provide an opinion in the case of controversial or difficult decisions. I took a look at both your and Mr.Bossaru's activity decisions and for both I feel pretty solidly that a coinflip is justified. In both cases, there is no evidence that either player was online at the scheduled time (in your case you outright state you weren't there), and Bossaru didn't even post about his opponent missing the scheduled time until days later. In addition, Mr.Bossaru is extremely aware of why they cannot be afforded the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

Beyond that, I took a look at the Highlord vs AIsang decision you mentioned and I'm not sure what you're talking about, on Highlord's wall you can clearly see them state which server they're on at the scheduled time (technically 1 minute after the scheduled time if you want to be pedantic) followed by an activity call later. It's a textbook example of scheduling and the opponent missing a scheduled time.

As a last note, I want to clarify that the bracketmaker does function by just checking who posted in a signup thread rather than actually reading the individual posts. This is intentional, as we would strongly prefer to be friendly to newcomers to the tournaments scene and have a few people who decided to shitpost in a signups thread scooped up by mistake rather than putting people who didn't fully understand how to sign up at the end of the substitute list.

That said, your post in the signups does include the string "in" and so even if the bracketmaker was checking for instances of the word in, your post would have been caught anyways. See below how your post would appear, and where the word in is located.
Code:
[QUOTE="Deadify, post: 9644075, member: 638138"]
In

We put the cart before the Mudsdale
[/QUOTE]
Here we put the cart before the Calyrex
While I can appreciate your efforts to defend Mr.Bossaru from an unjust activity call, that has not happened here.

Tic-Tac-Toe Guru

Yo

While this tournament is not an official tournament and so I will not overrule the host, like most TDs I am happy to provide an opinion in the case of controversial or difficult decisions. I took a look at both your and Mr.Bossaru's activity decisions and for both I feel pretty solidly that a coinflip is justified. In both cases, there is no evidence that either player was online at the scheduled time (in your case you outright state you weren't there), and Bossaru didn't even post about his opponent missing the scheduled time until days later. In addition, Mr.Bossaru is extremely aware of why they cannot be afforded the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

Beyond that, I took a look at the Highlord vs AIsang decision you mentioned and I'm not sure what you're talking about, on Highlord's wall you can clearly see them state which server they're on at the scheduled time (technically 1 minute after the scheduled time if you want to be pedantic) followed by an activity call later. It's a textbook example of scheduling and the opponent missing a scheduled time.

As a last note, I want to clarify that the bracketmaker does function by just checking who posted in a signup thread rather than actually reading the individual posts. This is intentional, as we would strongly prefer to be friendly to newcomers to the tournaments scene and have a few people who decided to shitpost in a signups thread scooped up by mistake rather than putting people who didn't fully understand how to sign up at the end of the substitute list.

That said, your post in the signups does include the string "in" and so even if the bracketmaker was checking for instances of the word in, your post would have been caught anyways. See below how your post would appear, and where the word in is located.
Code:
[QUOTE="Deadify, post: 9644075, member: 638138"]
In

We put the cart before the Mudsdale
[/QUOTE]
Here we put the cart before the Calyrex
While I can appreciate your efforts to defend Mr.Bossaru from an unjust activity call, that has not happened here.
I don’t care about my call; I agree with the decision. At least you bothered to provide me with an explanation regarding Bossaru’s. And forgive my ignorance with regards to how brackets are generated; I didn’t know that’s how that worked. As I told Vertigo in dms, with this knowledge, I’ll be less likely to do things like this in the future. You’re the only staff that has actually properly addressed my concerns, and I greatly appreciate that. I hope your colleagues will take to your example, as they have been wholly inadequate when it came to addressing my concerns. So thank you. This is literally all I needed, and a DM would’ve sufficed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)