Suspect Ladder Team

Here's my latest team, it's has the highest win rate out of all my teams so far, but I think it could use improvement.
@Lum Berry
208 hp, 76 atk, 224 spD
Adamant
Clear Body
-ThunderPunch
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

Replaced Sharpedo. The EVs here allow it to survive 2 life orbed shadow balls from Gengar, and lum berry is to recover from hypnosis. ThunderPunch takes out gyara leads and bullet punch takes out focus sashers or weakened sweepers late game.
@Life Orb
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
Jolly
Snow Cloak
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge

Standard Mamoswine. Revenge kills dragons and other stuff with ice shard. It's a pretty good counter for electric types thanks to hidden power ice neutrality.

@Leftovers
160 hp, 216 speed, 132 spA
Timid
Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Replaced Lanturn. This functions as a Gyarados counter and rapid spinner. Stall teams were tearing me apart so rapid spin is a necessity for my team, not much else to say.

@Life Orb
48 atk, 232 speed, 228 spA
Naive
Blaze
-Grass Knot
-HP ice
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat

Standard mixape without nasty plot. I always have Salamence switch into this only to get owned if it's not holding yache berry.

@Life Orb
252 spA, 252 speed, 6 hp
Timid
Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Standard Gengar. Besides being a special sweeper this also provides my team with a much needed fighting and ground immunity.

@Choice Scarf
252 spA, 252 speed, 6 hp
Modest
Magnet Pull
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-HP Ground
-Explosion

Nobody expects scarfzone, but it works very well. You might tell me to use Timid but I like Modest for the sheer power and ability to 2HKO most Zapdos. I never really have to outspeed anything faster than 299 speed because Metagross is the fastest thing I'll trap (thunderbolt usually KOs it below 2/3 health) and with Garchomp gone it becomes even less of an issue. Flash Cannon is great for predicting Tyranitar switches because it 2HKOs and nobody expects Magnezone to have it. HP ground is for trapping and killing other magnezone and non-scarfed heatran. Magnezone has won me a lot of kills just because of how big the surprise factor is.

I love that Magnezone and Lanturn. Very cool.

Put Stone Edge over Ice Fang on Mamo because it gives better type coverage, and it'll hurt opposing Ice Types switching in to absorb something like Ice Shard.

Your team is super ground weak. As much as I like Lanturn, it seems rather out of place, seeing as you already have an electric resist, and immunity. A different bulky water should go in place, perhaps Suicune or Milotic?

You're right about the ground weak thing, a problem with Lanturn is that it couldn't counter stuff like Donphan, Hippowdon, or Gyarados. Also my team was super weak to stall teams so I replaced Lanturn with Starmie so I could have a rapid spinner.

Stealth Rock was useless on Mamo, replaced with Stone Edge (stupid abomasnows)

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
LO-Gyarados with Bite (or Double-Edge, which I've found extremely useful to loosen up walls) really screws you over. Actually, if Stealth Rock is on the field, Starmie is unable to wall Gyarados anyway, so I wouldn't really rely on Starmie at all. Personally I would run Choice Scarf on Gengar, who'll revengekill Gyarados quite effective.

Scarf Magnezone is pretty cool, and I'd believe HP Ground is worth some consideration. It would let Magnezone trap and kill Heatran in one shot, and Hidden Power Ice isn't all that necessary on the suspect ladder imo, especially if you run Scarfgar with Hidden Power Ice.

Do you really need a anti-lead, or even a spinner on your team? I don't believe you're very weak to Stealth Rock, and I definitely believe you would benefit a lot more with some sort of support on your own. I can see how Stealth Rock is taken into account in the Starmie vs Gyarados scenario, but you did point out that Sharpedo cannot prevent the leads from setting ut. Azelf is worth some consideration. It will shut down Bronzong, get some rocks on the field and I think would fit a lot better then Sharpedo.

Mach Punch doesn't seem necessary on Infernape to be honest if it's just there to handle Lucario. Magnezone will revengekill it extremely well already, so I would definitely use Hidden Power Ice for some additional coverage against Salamence and Dragonite.

You're right about gyarados but I've NEVER seen one with bite or double edge, ever.

You're wrong, stall teams fuck me over badly if they got spikes or toxic spikes (which most do).

I don't really wanna use Azelf, it's just so predictable you know? Everybody knows what it's gonna do. I've actually been trying out occa berry metagross and it's been working better than Sharpedo thanks to being more bulky and powerful. It can take on Ttar, Gyara, suicide, and heatran leads very nicely. It also counters sandstorm shuckle which believe it or not, gave my team a lot of trouble.

I suppose it is kind of useless, I'll try out HP ice and see how it works.

In order to effectively counter Life Orb Gyarados, Starmie needs a lot more bulk. 252 HP / 196 Spe / 60 Def is the bulkiest you can get while still outspeeding Infernape.

On Gengar, Thunderbolt isn't a huge necessity, and you may consider replacing it with Substitute or Explosion to become more of a threat. Sure, you lose coverage on Skarmory, but that takes a good chucnk of damage from Focus Blast anyways. The specially bulky waters become more of an issue, though, so it's your choice.

On Sharpedo, I'd have a Jolly nature over Adamant because the extra speed really helps, especially with Taunt. The 10% power increase is rarely significant.

If you keep Sharpedo, I'm not too sure why you have Focus Sash on it. It's two main things is to stop those leading Azelf/Aerodactyl, right? Well Azelf wouldn't be KO'ing Sharpedo anyways unless it blows up on turn one, so no worries there. Aerodactyl most likely wouldn't be staying around as well, probably fearing Scarf, but I highly doubt Rock Slide OHKO's Sharpedo despite it's shit defenses. Lum Berry could possibly work better here, for the instance of Pokes who could rather sleep you despite the fact that they could OHKO you, that being such as Roserade and Gengar. I'd probably get the fuck out of the way against Salamence regardless btw, unless we had Ice Beam on it (seeing as Taunt really only screws with Bronzong, and we have Magnezone for that!)

Not sure if Lanturn or Starmie were the best Suicune counters in the game...seeing as how you're justing relying on CH at the point while it's boosting up but that's irrelevent now.

I really would like Stealth Rock on here somewhere though. Infernape seems kind of...eh..almost pointless I suppose. It's just another hard, fast hitter, which you already have with Magnezone (Scarf), Mamoswine (IS), Gengar (naturally). Do we really need Infernape in here? Bronzong always works, seeing as how the lack of Ground immunity could be highly annoying. An extra Explosion doesn't hurt since it won't need Hypnosis as Gengar already has that on lock.

P.S. Magnezone is a much better Lucario renvege killer than Infernape seeing as how Lucario would NEVER expect the Magnezone to be faster (which Thunderbolt does...394 attack vs 176 defense, 95 power(*1.5), 283 max HP: 80.92% - 95.41%).

lol sorry, I forgot to edit that out (about Starmie being a Suicune counter)

Well, the reason I have Infernape is because it's a good wallbreaker. I've actually been stalled out by SkarmBliss when Infernape died in a recent battle because if you look at the other 5 pokemon, they're all walled by it.

I've actually tried Sub+Focus Punch on Gengar as well as sub+focus blast, but I found it was way too easily countered by Togekiss and bulky waters. I'm not sure how useful explosion would be, as some Blissey's carry protect.

I don't really wanna make Starmie so bulky because...well it just seems like a waste to counter only one pokemon. Gyarados really isn't giving me any problems right now, the orb versions can't take hits and die easily from repeated switch ins and life orb recoil. The bulky versions of course are extremely easy to handle. There's never been a match where I lost because of a Gyarados sweeping me.

Yes, but that one Pokémon is Gyarados. The term "Gyarados" can also be referred to as "An infamous OU Terror". Gyara can take out Starmie with no bulk easily, and when Starmie and Metagross dies, it's gg for you.

Also, try Ice Beam on Starmie somewhere. It should help against Gliscor, who in other cases walls you totally, and can KO 4 of your pokes with EQ.

SU

Yes, but that one Pokémon is Gyarados. The term "Gyarados" can also be referred to as "An infamous OU Terror". Gyara can take out Starmie with no bulk easily, and when Starmie and Metagross dies, it's gg for you.

Also, try Ice Beam on Starmie somewhere. It should help against Gliscor, who in other cases walls you totally, and can KO 4 of your pokes with EQ.

SU
LOL what are you talking about, Surf kills gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)