Suspect Ladder RMT

My rating is in the shithole so I was anxious to create a team that would actually work and I came up with this. I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking when making this team as it took 15 minutes, but it seems to work better than all my other teams and I've only lost once out of the 8 or so battles I've had with it. I think it could use improvement though.

@Choice Band
Adamant
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
Arena Trap
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Sucker Punch
-Stone Edge

I thought I'd try leading with something different and Dugtrio popped into my mind so I tried it out. I use Adamant because Jolly lacks the power required to 1HKO a 252 hp Tyranitar or 2HKO a 252/252 bold blissey. The only problem I've had with using Adamant is not being able to outrun Infernape but it's not that big of a deal. My main goal with Dugtrio is to trap other leads (especially Tyranitar) and gain a quick lead in a battle. This guy has proven to be invaluable mid to late game but it's been rather useless as a lead. I really don't want to replace him completely but I think another pokemon could work better as a lead. Any suggestions?

@Leftovers
Modest
240 hp, 164 def, 12 sp atk, 92 sp def
Trace
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-HP ground
-Recover

Porygon2 is an amazing pokemon, I'm surprised he isn't OU yet. Thanks to Trace, it can counter Heatran, physical Salamence, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Magnezone, and Gyarados. I use HP ground because it allows me to hit Heatran, Jolteon, and Magnezone harder.

Leftovers
172 hp, 84 speed, 252 sp atk
Modest
Magnet Pull
-Thunderbolt
-HP ice
-Substitute
-Magnet Rise

Standard steel killer set. I'm surprised at how many people don't see Magnet Rise coming as they try to eq me with a slower pokemon, and it can be very annoying in tandem with Substitute. The resistances to Electric, bug, and flying come in handy if I ever need to use Magnezone to counter Zapdos, Togekiss (without aura sphere), or Yanmega. and of course I can always trap metagross if it's locked into meteor mash.

@Leftovers
Careful
252 hp, 168 speed, 90 sp def
Sand Stream
-Dragon Dance
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Crunch

A very bulky special defense oriented Tyranitar. With this spread it can switch in on quite a few special sweepers without much risk. Starmie's surf will only 4HKO with this set thanks to 422 sp def in the sand. Dragon Dance allows for more sweeping potential and the 168 speed EVs will allow it to outrun max speed neutral base 100s after a DD. I chose rock slide instead of stone edge because of its better accuracy and 30% flinch rate.

I haven't checked to see if this can survive a life orb Focus Blast from Gengar because metalkid's damage calculator doesn't take the sp def boost from sand into account for some reason. It showed 60% damage from starmie's surf with this spread which I know isn't right. If anyone has a better damage calculator I can use that'd be great.

@Leftovers
212 hp, 16 atk, 180 def, 100 speed
Adamant
Intimidate
-Waterfall
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Standard BulkyDos. Tyranitar and gyarados go together well, both being bulky sweepers with one having an ability to help it take physical attacks and another with an ability to help it take special attacks while they dragon dance up. The life orb gyara that's popular right now never really appealed to me because I used it on other teams and it dies too easily.

@Leftovers
252 hp, 220 def, 36 speed
Bold
Natural Cure
-Grass Knot
-U-Turn
-Perish Song
-Recover

This is basically the celebi from Obi's stall team. It counters breloom (grass knot breaks the sub), bulky waters, and ends stall wars or BP chains with Perish Song. U-Turn is to get out of there when the count ends.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Tyranitar isn't really a good reason to lead with Dugtrio, you should probably save Dugtrio when you actually see on in the middle of the game, instead of it dying to random leads, and actually doing nothing to some of the top leads, such as Bronzong and Gyarados. You should actually consider running Jolly on Dugtrio, so you can outspeed the Infernape that trouble you alot, I wouldn't worry much about hitting Blissey, main focus is to hit things that trouble you. With that, I would strongly suggest you leading with Gyarados, one of the most effective leads, and that can actually scare off leads like Tyranitar, thanks to Intimidate. I really see Spikes and SR giving you some problems, and you without a Rapid Spinner can mean serious issues. I would consider using Starmie, preferably over Porygon2, you don't want to probably do this, as most cool kids want to use a Porygon2, but yeah, in this case I don't see like, a Fortress or something that, or something that can atleast get rid of these. Starmie should have 172 Hp / 120 SpAtk / 216 Spd @ Timid, moveset should have Surf to counter opposing Infernape and Heatran, which would trouble you, the choice of Thunderbolt and Ice Beam should then be up to you.

Your Tyranitar set seems pretty interesting, I don't really see it doing much without any attack, meaning not OHKO'ing what it's supposed to, and in the current fast paced metagame of DP, I really don't see this team supporting a DD Tyranitar as much. I would strongly suggest putting a Choice Band on Tyranitar, not only will it give you power, but expand your moveset a little, being able to add Pursuit for those Starmie and Celebi that realize that can't take you down. 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpDef @ Careful should be fine, I have personally used this set and can ensure satisfaction.

My first rate in weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)