Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Battling 101 is back in full swing with the posting of the round thirty six thread. You may have already noticed a change in how things are being operated. While we once only taught Platinum OU specifically, tutors can now teach you how to play UU and Ubers too! All you have to do is specify which tiers you want to learn when you sign up, and we'll take care of the rest for you. I understand that UU is going through a hefty set of changes at the moment, but rest assured our UU tutors are more than capable of getting your foot in the door.

You may or may not have noticed that we have some new tutoring staff. Congratulations to Articanus, Dawnbringer, Kevin Garrett, SoT and Twist of Fate, who are the latest additions to our tenured faculty team. Keep up the good work, guys!

Finally, here's one that even the tutors weren't expecting. It is well known that we already have a Hall of Fame for high performing apprentices. I figured it was also time to honour the continuing efforts of our tutors as well, without whom this programme would not function. From here on out, I will be adding tutoring excellence awards to the /tutor/ section of the site. The section will have new inductees on a quarterly basis (every three months). You can expect to hear more details about this closer to the first induction of 2009 (at the end of March).

Here's to another great year for Battling 101!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great news. :)

I'd like to congratulate all our new staff again on their badges, all well deserved.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sounds cool. Thanks, congrats to the other badged members as well. ^_^

Are the tournaments still gonna be strictly OU though?

No doubles tutors? Oh well, having Ubers and UU tutors is still really cool, and I may actually be able to learn those metagames if I ever get into the tutoring program.

OP said:
rest assured our UU tutors are more than capable of getting your foot in the door.
Why would people request to learn UU if they already knew it? Surely people will sign up to learn UU only if they haven't spent the last week or so testing it. I'm sure those tutors who have signed up to teach Underused have spent a lot of time playing it, and will therefore be informed enough to teach people who haven't spent their time playing it since the test began. If someone who has played the new metagame since it started signed up to be taught it, it would kind of defeat the object of the whole programme, and they would get nothing out of it. I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am very excited to see Ubers and UU tutoring being added. Even though tutoring is closed, in the future would I be able to sign up as a tutor specifically for one metagame? For example, would I be able to only tutor Ubers.
I've tutored others in OU but I have no wish to do so unless I need to in order to be able to get the okay to be an official Smogon tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)