Suicune is underrated RMT (peaked at 200)

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Crunch

I have been using this t-tar set for a long time since it works so well. Recently I have been experimenting using pursuit more. I noticed that many people were switching out politoed when I sent him out so they didn't lose the rain so I started using pursuit on them and it has been working well. Fighting moves are so good this gen so I am using superpower. I like ice beam over stone edge because of the improved accuracy. Crunch is good for countering latios.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

No one expects both thunderbolt and volt switch so this catches many people by surprise. HP grass deals with those annoying water ground pokemon. Hydro pump provides good stab. I don't really need the speed and the high hp allows me to survive attacks more easily such as shell smash cloysters.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

This pokemon catches people completely off guard and is the reason I managed to get my rank so high. The way I got the idea to use him was someone used him against me so since I have never used suicune I decided to give him a try and he worked great. Since toxic is making a comeback this works well at countering that. Also having another water type makes it so rotom doesn't get too overwhelmed since rotom counters so many things.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Skarmory was getting kind of common so I thought I would use magnezone and he works great. Its also nice to have another electric type to counter water types which are so common. Also if the opponent has a magnezone sometimes what I do is sacrifice my skarmory to lure my opponents magnezone. Once skarmory faints I send in my magnezone and since many magnezones either don't have choice scarf or have hp ice instead of hp fire my magnezone can beat theirs.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

This is another pokemon I have been using for a while. My favorite strategy involving him is to send him out and use facade when they switch to rotom. This takes out around half of rotoms hp so rotom is no longer a good counter for my gliscor. I don't get why more people don't use this strategy. They seem to like using ice fang instead for some reason.

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drill Peck
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

The thing that makes this pokemon different is the fact that I invest in attack instead of defense and that I use swords dance. By investing in attack I give the pokemon a nice balance between attack and defense. Swords dance scares away pokemon that try to set up on him. Also thanks to sturdy he can even make a good volcarona counter.

I hate it when people ignore my topics. I got a new personal best rank on smogon of 111 so I guess this team is better than I thought. I think I might switch chesto berry for leftovers on suicune. What do you guys think?

Skarmory should have brave bird for the necessary OHKOs it brings and it's item should be shed shell/leftovers. Suicune should have leftovers and sleep talk>ice beam because those 2 turns of sleep are too much time wasted. Other than those small things I like the team especially the ttar set.

Skarmory should have brave bird for the necessary OHKOs it brings and it's item should be shed shell/leftovers. Suicune should have leftovers and sleep talk>ice beam because those 2 turns of sleep are too much time wasted. Other than those small things I like the team especially the ttar set.
I don't really like brave bird on skarmory since the recoil makes it get ko'd too easily. It also doesn't work very well with sturdy. Suicune really does need ice beam so that way dragons don't set up on it. Since suicune has so much defense it has plenty of time to wake up so it doesn't need sleep talk. I remember trying sleep talk with only one attacking move a while ago and it didn't work too well.

Skarmory was born with the unique ability to wall haxorus, landorus, dragonite, gliscor, and much other threats, use it for what it is, not what it's not.

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Spd
- Whirlwind
- Brave bird
-Spikes
- Roost

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
I would like to rate this team since it has a Suicune but to attract other people to do so, you need to make it more appealing. Images will greatly help and please note that is is REALLY BORING to read just a huge bunch of text. Once images are included, I promise a full rate.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/ <-- This site has B/W animated sprites. That should help at least.

Skarmory was born with the unique ability to wall haxorus, landorus, dragonite, gliscor, and much other threats, use it for what it is, not what it's not.

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Spd
- Whirlwind
- Brave bird
-Spikes
- Roost
Alternatively, it could be switched for an Acrobatics Gliscor. It's basically a better version of the team's Skarmory set, as it has higher attack and speed stats, plus an ability that makes it useful on a Sand team.

Gliscor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)