Starcraft 2

Did you guys seriously miss it? Blizzard just made an official announcment in Korea that they are working on Starcraft 2. They are actually pretty far into it, and some gameplay vids have already been released. :/

This honestly looks awesome, despite the fact that some people happen to think of it as Starcraft in 3D. I like the way that some units can work their way around the enviroment, using special abilities. It's still nice to see that the three races are extremely diverse, even as they bring out new units.

Yea... and maybe our great-grandchildren will be camping outside Gamestop to buy it when they are 70.

I'm not bitter or anything <_<

But seriously, it's great news. I just hope they keep it close to SC1 without trying to add too much flashy gadgets into it. (cliff climbing is great, just don't overdo it)

Jim Raynor is a Hera counter btw.

I've always been a Warcraft guy but this should be fun.

I am mildly amused they announced it in Korea although obviously it's very appropriate.

The new protoss units are awesome. The other two races better get some really good enhancements to keep the game balanced.

I have a feeling Protoss-Zerg hybrid and Xel'Naga will not be usable races outside missions and UMS, but that's a good thing.

Now bring on my Warcraft 4...

I'm sure it'll be great though, I'll definetly check it out.

Hey synre do you (still) play warcraft 3 and if so what's your account?

I think this game has some potential. However, seeing how little gameplay I got out of Warcraft 3, especially the multiplayer, I am concerned that they will wreck this game by trying to get too fancy and flashy like they did with the hero aspect in WC3.

Still, SC and BW was the best strategy game of all time. GO ZERGS!

Still not good at it, but I started playing at lunch at school after some friends started playing and insisted I do too. It's fun enough, but I still prefer to play Smash on Project64 like we used to (we still do, but not as much).

WoW is gay(OMFG KARAZHAN. Fuck attunement quests for Serpentshire........).

I want to do Mephisto runs again..

I think that the whole "Hero" system of Warcraft III needs to be reintroduced in some way, it really opened up a new world in the custom maps(DOTA, which is MORE popular than ladder games now). Other than that, if it comes out soon I'm going to fail all my classes.

Heroes, experience points, random number generator etc, are constructs of what Warcraft III became after the advent of StarCraft.

WC3 = RPRTS

SC = Still a pure RTS emphasizing quick development and harassment.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not gonna happen until WoW fades.
They've already announced work on a next-gen MMO, though obviously specifics don't really exist yet.

I'm not really sure about Starcraft 2 yet. They will have to do something revolutionary to have major success. However, Blizzard is good at that, so I don't doubt that they will.

Second most anticipated game of my lifetime. I check every day to see if the website has added any juicy Zerg info. Something tells me Zerg will be last to be updated.

Blizzards original Dev team is long gone, don't expect anything special out of this I'd say.

I'm expecting another Warcraft III at best, that said, I'm one of those nutcases who thinks Warcraft 2 was better than Starcraft (yeah, human and orc were not balanced at all, especially in BNE Ladder, so what?) but when I started playing it it was many years old and the strategies for it were quite deep because most competitive play was on one map (Garden of War, classic or BNE was a big difference though) and people did insane gimmick type stuff to win (for example, building a base with a treeline between it and your opponent, then sniping peons with a catapult).

I feel physically ill when I try to play Diablo II, if they ever make a vaguely similar game to that it will be the only blizzard PC game I will never buy.

Diablo II was the shit dude...you just had to play Ladder to get away from most of the dupes. Although I will say at "pvp" did go downhill after Enigma came into play.

I have faith in Blizzard, they've yet to make a game that I haven't loved. Hell, even Lost Vikings was pretty damn good.

im sure it'll be at least decent, would've been happier for a wc4 announcement or a d3 one but it was obviously going to be starcraft as it was being announced in korea, so im not too disappointed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)