Standard team

Welcome, I made a team in Advance. I always struggled with earlier teams I made and now I want it to be good, thus I'm writing here.

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Let's have a closer look:

Salamence
@ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 132 Atk/180 SpA/196 Spe, Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
Moveset:
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- HP Grass

A standard MixMence. Great wallbreaker, a fast lead, able to cripple a lot of things with in diverse moveset. Brick Break cripples Blissey and Snorlax, and when they're gone, the special moves can do nice damage.

Suicune
@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD, Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset:
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

That's the only Suicune I use, my favourite. Survive any hard hits, Rest off the damage and hope to set up to +6. Absolute perfect sponge, able to nicely sweep with Surf (except for Vaporeon).

Venusaur
@ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/84 Def/148 SpD/24 Spe, Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
Moveset:
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Has a good synergy with Suicune about their weaknesses, being a nice special wall, while not set Suicune is a good physical wall. I know, a always present Tyranitar will limit the Synthesis, but I like to have a reliable recovery move.

Blaziken
@ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP/232 Atk/196 Spe, Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
Moveset:
- Fire Blast
- Sky Uppercut
- HP Ice
- Rock Slide

Another great wallbreaker, HP Ice for type coverage. Mixed STAB moves, but it's kinda slow, I'm considering max speed on this Blaziken.

Jirachi
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/152 Spe/104 SpA, Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Moveset:
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Standard sweeping SubCM set. I consider using the same spread with Wish, or max it's speed and special attack to be a complete beast. Psychic has a good 20% chance to lower SpD, making opponent to switch more often. Unfortunately stopped by Steelix and Claydol.

Slaking
@ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP, Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Moveset:
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch

An absolute BEAST with it's amazing speed and blazing attack. Truant makes it a bit less useful, but it's also a wonderful physical sweeper and wallbreaker.

Rate, change something, feel free.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man. Interesting team you have going, but Slaking realistically is just not up to par with what you could be using. See what the problem is (as you seem to be aware of) is that Truant greatly declines the effectiveness of Slaking, but more than that it is can be hazardous to your team. I know the huge amount of power that thing can dish out is definitely appealing for you, but against any player with real experience and knowledge of the tier, it's most likely gonna get you swept and by the looks of your team all that needs to happen is that your suicune gets weakened down and then your team is set up on by things like Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Dragon Dance Salamence after Slaking attacks and the suddenly you're in a really difficult position as your team is basically swept. There is a lot of things you can put over Slaking, but I'll just give you one right away that is similar and should see as a good replacement. Furthermore it'll get you thinking about the slot more. I'm just gonna give you standard Curselax and wish you the best of luck.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD Careful
- Return / Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

nenloth,

fun team man. you seem to wreck defensive and spiking teams; only problem i see are some offensive threats. the offensive threats i caught are the following: cm celebi, dugtrio, gyarados, salamence, and snorlax. to help with dugtrio and salamence, i suggest using substitute over rock slide on blaziken to scout for switches and force counters to come in. to help with gyarados and snorlax, i suggest using wish over substitute over jirachi and an EV spread of 252 hp / 224 def / 32 spe. it will survive gyarados +1 earthquake, and set up to a decent extent on curselax without earthquake and even with earthquake if you have a +1 before it comes in. for cm celebi, just play carefully around it and use venusaur to your advantage.

hope this helps; good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)