st valentine's day

i have a date with my PS3

It's not. I never understood the number of people who complain about Valentine's Day. If everyone single is feeling lonely, it is a great day to get off your ass and do something about it. For most people being single on Valentines has a lot more to do with circumstance than anything else.
you make it sound so easy when really for some people it isn't

you make it sound so easy when really for some people it isn't
it may not be easy but there's something you can do about it - most things in life worth getting aren't easy to get hold of

if you're going to sit around moping because there's no easy option then you have nobody but yourself to blame.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm married and I still hate Valentine's Day. Really sick of all the damn excuses to put women up on pedestals and make guys look retarded. It's really dumb to celebrate a random day just because it's Valentine's Day when the date itself has no meaning for us personally.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
i dont think giving a gift and a compliment or whatever qualifies as making you look retarded.

if you take it too far however and propose to a random crush or something stupid then thats not valentines day's fault youre just a genuine spaz

i dont think giving a gift and a compliment or whatever qualifies as making you look retarded.

if you take it too far however and propose to a random crush or something stupid then thats not valentines day's fault youre just a genuine spaz
Agreed.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day and I think it's sort of pointless; however if people enjoy it then I'm not going to judge and it does give people an 'excuse' (not that one is needed but if you're busy or don't see each other often or anything, I guess it's as good a reason as any) to go out for dinner or ask someone they like out, etc. But in no way do people look retarded for participating in it in a healthy amount... I mean, you should just be doing stuff that you would do on a normal date or anniversary or whatever occasion, right? And it's not like showing your love for someone you're with should ever look retarded or something to be embarrassed about (as long as it's done in a non-stalkery or whatever way, but that shouldn't even need to be said)...

While I don't celebrate it as mentioned, I enjoy reading posts like DM's; it's always nice to hear what people are doing for/with their loved ones (unless TMI). Like DM's Valentine's Day sounds like it's going to be absolutely lovely and I hope it turns out as fantastic as it seems. ^_^

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Agreed.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day and I think it's sort of pointless; however if people enjoy it then I'm not going to judge and it does give people an 'excuse' (not that one is needed but if you're busy or don't see each other often or anything, I guess it's as good a reason as any) to go out for dinner or ask someone they like out, etc. But in no way do people look retarded for participating in it in a healthy amount... I mean, you should just be doing stuff that you would do on a normal date or anniversary or whatever occasion, right? And it's not like showing your love for someone you're with should ever look retarded or something to be embarrassed about (as long as it's done in a non-stalkery or whatever way, but that shouldn't even need to be said)...

While I don't celebrate it as mentioned, I enjoy reading posts like DM's; it's always nice to hear what people are doing for/with their loved ones (unless TMI). Like DM's Valentine's Day sounds like it's going to be absolutely lovely and I hope it turns out as fantastic as it seems. ^_^

<_< oh yeah?

[22:19] jumpluffers: Hey Stone, I know that it's a little late, but Valentines day is tomorrow and I would really like someone to spend it with. You're such a comforting presence, will you be my Valentine?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sitting alone at the university, screwed over by vector calculus. It's almost 7PM here now, will be sitting here to at least 9. For once, I have hopes of finishing the week's math assignment early, though.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
going to cook for my wife, light some candles, and give her a necklace I bought her. Then I'm going to be thanked out loud but secretly resented for not doing something amazing and original that's never been thought of before (even though this is genuinely impossible to actually accomplish, it's still expected)

I'll see you guys in a few days when I'm allowed back out of the dog house =P

I'm going to get all of ladies. I guess once I get out of shcool, I am actually just going to go home and do homework. Hmmmmm....

Not going to do much today, but instead I had an early v-day dinner with my hubby, we went to a really good Japanese restaurant and ate lots and lots of sushi! :heart: ...and spent lots and lots of money... ;_;

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
I envy you single fuckers. I really should have waited a couple weeks to make my relationship official but nope there went my paycheck!
lol v-day really doesn't have to be expensive at all though. matter of fact it shouldn't. if your girl is worth her salt then even the least of thoughtful and romantic things should swoon the Fuck out of her. no pun intended,

Ahahahaha it had 69 posts when I clicked on it.

Anyways nothing special for me :P

Other than the fact that I have an English speech to give tomorrow, a history test tomorrow, and some math that I'd rather not do.

I mean I'm single and have been the other 16 Valentine's Days I've gone through, but that's okay? It's just another day, so it's not like I wasn't single yesterday and won't be tomorrow. Instead of bitching about seeing people in relationships, I'm really happy that the people I care about are in relationships and are comfortable enough with it to show it to the people they love. I eat a lot of chocolates or cupcakes or something that my friends might give me, and steal from my sister's Valentine's candy (she's in elementary school, so everyone who gives Valentine's stuff has to give them to everyone in the class...she has a big class...), so I'm happy with that.

And if you want to show someone you care about them or have a compliment, why do you have to wait to be sweet on Valentine's day? Granted this is from a single man's perspective, but if I think a girl is looking really pretty that day...I just tell her, friend or not. I don't really see the point thinking today is particularly special, when you can just show the people you love that you love them the other 364 days (or other 365 days for this year!)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Ate chocolate fondue by myself, watched new episode of the new girl.
Pretty happy with how this day turned out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)