Project SS NU Boss of the Sauce: Season 2: The Revival and Rebrand @ #264

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
i wanted to see if i could get to 1500 before i posted but im at 1499 so fuck it.

1593143098413.png

So for this challenge I decided to roll up with veil HO, as this would theoretically make it way easier to proc weakness policy. additionally, since the dlc drop ive wanted to try out agility hitmontop and thought it could be nice under veil. The final version of the team I ended up with is here: https://pokepast.es/cac4b6ec07c17972

I think I ended up changing up mons and sets enough that there's probably like 20 versions of this team I laddered with but I found this to be the most reliable version. My favorite parts of this team ended up being top and cursola. i decided to give cursola wp instead of giving something like swoobat it cause it just felt lame. Endure + WP makes it pretty easy to proc, and with weak armor and some finagling its possible to get rocks up and multiple kills thanks to how powerful +2 cursola is. I initially ran giga drain as the last move to punish other rockers but ended up with earth power to beat skunk, which is super helpful for cof. The only downside to cursola is that it's difficult to lead against scyther teams cause if u get the t1 50/50 wrong (endure into sd or rocks into attack move) you end up in a pretty big hole right at the onset of a game. Funnily enough, its a pretty ok veil abuser as well, as long as hail isn't up. when i first starting playing with this team i sacked cursola for no reason more than once trying to endure with it and forgetting hail was still there. Here's a fun replay of the stars aligning and cursola singlehandedly 6-0ing my opponent: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1139452950

Agility technitop has also been really cool. It's also the first time I've ever felt like wide lens is an actually good item on something- triple axel is ridiculous on it and the wide lens boost means you go from 73% of hitting all 3 to 97% chance. I've found adamant wide lens is rly all you need power-wise. It's a guaranteed OHKO on bulky rotom-fan, and a guaranteed 2HKO on physdef alcremie after rocks, and at min 2hkos basically every ghost in the tier but cof. eq 2hkos relevant poison types, and is particularly useful for avoiding helmet damage. obviously the damage youre getting on cof is piss but its so good vs basically everything else i feel like i can give it a pass. After an agility boost, adamant top outspeeds +1 vally, which is nice cause u can set up on it as it flame charges and not worry about it chipping you into range of prio. unfortunately, it just misses scarf toge, but u can run jolly for that if u want. here's a replay of it just going to town: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1139066107

Cursola/top/aboma stayed for the entirety of the run w basically no changes, but the rest of the team members got shuffled around quite a bit. I think I ended up trying out like 4 silvally forms and settled on steel cause of how important it is for the scyther matchup, and i found myself having a difficult time dealing with clef and alcremie unless my opp made some poor decisions. i played around with the last move quite a bit, i fucked around with uturn (mainly for malamar) and grass pledge before settling on toxic (which nobody else should ever do ever) cause i found myself having a huge issue with bulky ghosts (support cof and once a phys def cursola), i think half my losses are from these actually. tox wears quag down and also support cof, which somehow ended up being the best middle ground for the team.

the lanturn set just ended up being "offensive sweeper/cleaner that supplies badly needed type resists" which in this case is fire and flying resist, and an electric immune. as for the set itself, its aggressively ok. it works on the team but toxtect is just better rly. ive messed around with sitrus and ebelt, and i think both are worthwhile. sitrus gives u much better sustainability considering lanturns defensive utility is pretty important for the team, but ebelt has its merits, which include giving lanturn a rly good chance to 2hko standard eldegoss with ice beam and a solid chance to ohko pilo w hydro after rocks.

In the last slot, we have cof, cause not running cof on veil is a crime imo. its already so fucking good as a sweeper and veil just lets it set up and tank so many hits the good lord never intended it to. nasty plot with eball is the play here cause quag just kinda sits on me otherwise. trick room is super great for cleaning opposing offense, and it comes in handy occasionally for teammates cause the rest of the team is pretty slow unboosted. lum is nice cause i have no tspike absorber, and it allows cof to go trick room > eball on quag and not have to worry about tox.

this ended up being way longer than it needed to be but the team ended up being pretty ok, i probably wouldnt bring it to a tournament but its definitely fun to use. definitely a cool challenge trying to figure out how to use uncommon items to make things work.

EDIT: Final ELO
1593615406594.png

and for my creative set lets go with wide lens agility top

Last edited:
Calling it right now before I dig myself too deep :
1593292512333.png

I started the week off with an attempt to use the oh-so-gimmicky blunder policy. After searching for mons to use it on far and wide, I decided heatmor inferno would be worth a try.

Heatmor @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Inferno
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Scorching Sands

Liepard @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Leafeon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Psychic Fangs

Golurk @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Weather Ball
- Shadow Ball

This proved to be a bad idea since blunder policy really is not a reliable thing to build a team around. I found it hitting when I could have used the speed boost and missing when I could have used the hit and burn. In the room chat it was discussed that blunder policy would be really cool if it gave +1 accuracy, +1 speed . Maybe next time Gamefreak... It was however pretty fun in certain circumstances. One part of this team that really shines is that specs Jolteon can really wreck with weather ball, as 100bp plus sun boost from 478 spatk is nothing to slouch at.
The main issue with this team is that with many PU components, it just can't stand up to NU. In addition Abomasnow is very popular and was good at keeping manual sun in check entirely. Heatmor itself although it looked good on paper and gained a good coverage tool in scorching sands, holding blunder policy made it miss out on the power provided by Orb... which basically made it suck.

After suffering many sad losses, I decided to revise my strategy and use a more "meta" team, while still fulfilling the BOTS requirements for this week. I settled on Viel HO as many other competitors did; I slapped a chople berry on Abomasnow as the consumable, stuck Weakness Policy on lead Cursola to have some fun with Endure, and finally as my own choice set I decided to try Bulk Up Salac berry Sawk.

Dead C (Cursola) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Endure
- Stealth Rock

Former Presi (Abomasnow) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Dracobish (Silvally-Dragon) @ Dragon Memory
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Iron Head

Bullettrain (Magneton) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Kentucky (Unfezant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Defog
- U-turn

Ozmosis Jones (Sawk) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

This at least allowed me to redeem myself a bit for the week and potentially get some points. As far as usage of the items, Cursola was able to get Weakness policy to proc a fair bit, as well as get some KOs in the process of having its Speed and Special Attack so boosted. I made the same mistake Irish described a few times, trying to endure in hail (lol). This team reminded me that Scarf unfezant can be very effective when used properly - it has gotten even better with the presence of Scyther and Tangela, but it also suffers a bit from the mons that are attracted by scyther (Regular Fisk, Magneton, etc). Salac sawk didn't work all the time, but when it did it was quite effective. Carrying bulk up gives it an unfortunate moveset conundrum as it really wishes to have CC, Knock-off, EQ but stone edge and poison jab are also desirable pics for coverage. When it did get a chance to late game sweep with sturdy, it was very effective at cleaning up with 524 attack and 442 speed and the freedom to change moves. This team also reminded me that Specs magneton is VERY powerful with analytic, even doing significant damage with flash cannon to mons who resist it on the switch in. Overall this was a fun and challenging week of BOTS.

All in all, I should have gone with the strategy of using a meta team with items that fit from the get go , rather than going completely off the deep end of weird items like Blunder Policy.

Creative Set:

:ss/sawk:

Ozmosis Jones (Sawk) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Last edited:
I managed to reach my goal of at least 1300 this week and decided it'd be best to quit while I was ahead since I think I may have gotten abit lucky with matchups on the ladder.

1593483759806.png

I think I started 0-4 so I'm pretty happy with where I ended up.

I tested a bunch of stuff on a different alt: blunder policy (noctowl, magneton, heatmor), bindingband/gripclaw(quag, sanda, fisk-g), weakness policy(klinklang, lunatone, solrock, crustle, cursola, hitmontop). The blunder policy and binding band stuff was pretty much a complete bust. I think I got one proper proc with blunder policy noctowl to actually do something meaningful.

Someone tipped me off to the HO veil thing and I started to rethink the way I was building. TBH, the team got a lot more boring than when I was trying the wacky items, but hey, there's a reason why no one uses some of those items, its hard to consistently win with 'em.
Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam

Hitmontop (M) @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Triple Axel

Wishiwashi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 188 Def / 28 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Leaf Storm
- Ice Shard
- Aurora Veil

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Heat Crash /Close Combat

My items were Colbur Golurk, Sitrus Wishiwashi, and Weakness Policy Hitmontop. Colbur golurk was no brainer, awesome item on the mon that lets your really punish darks that think they have you. I feel like sitrus on non-protect wishi isnt that much worse than lefties, so that was pretty easy change. Weakness Policy Hitmontop was honestly not the best WP user I tried since it popped so infrequently. Top still put in work and teams often were pretty weak to it.

All in all, this week was more fun building than last because I feel like there was a lot more options from the get go, but laddering with it felt so much harder than week 1.

Last edited:

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Week 2 is officially over, please post your ladder ranking and your creative set so the voting stage can commence!

Also, in the future, please refrain from posting early if you want to ladder more, as the ranking system goes off of final elo, not your peak.

bots2.PNG

Regrettably forgot to ladder this week, so I'll just post what I have.
Gourgeist-Super
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick-or-Treat

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Wishiwashi @ Binding Band
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

Toxicroak @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Lanturn @ Air Balloon
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 192 Def / 200 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Looking back, I'm surprised this got 2 wins.

For the heat set, I'm posting the Gourgeist I used after being mildly inconvenienced by a Golurk.

Gourgeist-Super
Ability: Frisk
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick-or-Treat
Having no item makes this immune to Poltergeist, letting it ambush an unsuspecting Golurk who would stay in as it's faster.
Trick-or-Treat lets Gourgeist get past some walls that would normally give it trouble like Eldegoss and Ferroseed by making it's Poltergeist Super-effective, forcing some uncomfortable switches.

20200701_191338.png
wasn't inspired this week :(

Creative set:

:ss/cursola:

Cursola @ Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind / Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Endure

Pretty threatening late game sweeper cleaner.Calm mind allow cursola act as an early wallbreaker thanks to water+ghost coverage is unresisted in the tier.Petaya berry give a guaranted boost after endure and timid nature let you outspeed mons until liepard.

bots2.PNG

Not the greatest or funniest team I built but tried.

Rotom @ Ring Target
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Mr. Mime @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Mimicry
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower

Sawk (M) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Substitute
- Roost

Attempted to make a very traditional balance team with the requirements of this round. I overlooked speed tiers and trampled by threats like Scyther (thank god its gone), and silvally formes if I didn't play right. Water types as well. The team was suppose to take advantage of the blunder policy on MIme and Salac on Sawk to quash those problems but sadly most games I found myself winning with Scyther and Rotom instead. And speaking of Rotom it would be nominated as my creative set.

Rotom @ Ring Target
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Not really original since it's been used in higher tiers with some success so I thought I would try it here. Since most teams really rely on one ground (usually being Stunfisk-Galar or Sandaconda) it's a guarantee that I could keep the Volturn vortex going along with Scyther and actually win with Scyther later in the game. It helped with tricking lefties and helmet away as well.

Aawin

NUPL Champion
bots2.png

nice

but this week was a shitshow fr, took a lot of grit to make it through (xerovis was witness to my rage w low ladder). Building for this week kinda sucked

Here is my team, built around a weakness policy Cofagrigus. Originally was u-turn on Silvally but I kept getting shit on by Alcremie so Iron Head helped a lot.

Creative set:

cofagrigus_125x125.gif

Cofagrigus @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Trick Room

Had to use a weakness policy mon this week, so why not use the S-tier bodybag. Iron Defense and Body Press are pretty self explanatory, we all know what they do. Shadow Ball is STAB. Trick Room is nice even without mons to abuse it because this thing can just snowball. Weakness policy is neat because its consumable, meaning pokemon like Golurk and Gourgeist cannot go for Poltergeist and get blown back by a Shadow Ball. Also gives it more fire power in general.

Didn't do much this week cuz Min Min just had to come out for Smash but I got this

Team Used: :clefairy::hitmonchan::jolteon::swoobat::klinklang::pincurchin:

I didn't like the team I made that much (looking back, i probs should've gone for straight Hyper Offense instead of having Clef), but in theory, Rising Voltage Jolteon + Electric Seed Swoobat would just to go town on everything, which did end up happening in a couple of the battles. My items were Weakness Policy on Klinklang, Electric Seed on Swoobat, and Terrain Extender on Pincurchin

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1142842135

Creative Set

:sm/klinklang:
Metal Gear (Klinklang) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise

So basically, Klinklang, but if someone hits hits you with like a Mach Punch or weaker EQ, they die. I'll admit I didn't have too much heat this week, but the idea of sweeping with a +3 Atk +2 Spe monster was certainly interesting

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Trick Room: 3 Weird Items
:cofagrigus: :gurdurr: :musharna: :bronzor: :silvally-steel: :gourgeist-super:

Here's another attempt from yours truly to make TR work. Cofag and Musha are setters with good bulk and have Kasib Berry and Colbur Berry to help combat the Ghost- and Dark-type weaknesses that TR setters usually stack. The third weird item is Flame Orb, which makes Gurdurr a killer! I chose it over Throh for Mach Punch, as having priority for when TR runs out can be v helpful. Bronzor is decent as a setter for both SR, killing itself with Steel Beam, and walling a lot of the meta due to its typing and bulk. Gourg-XL is another setter / abuser, and SilvSteel was a decent Scyther check and cleaner.

Creative Set:
Gurdurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1141484455

Watch as I reverse sweep after being haxed to death by Coil / Glare / Rock Slide / Rest Sandaconda.

Edit: Rank
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 8.45.46 PM.png

bots2.PNG

I figured screens would be the best way to make Weakness Policy useful so I used lead Cursola + Veil Abomasnow for the majority of my ladder run. After a while I got tired of having to predict turn 1 vs Scyther teams with my Cursola, so I made a more balanced squad with Stunfisk. I switched my teams around a lot but the most consistent option is definitely Veil HO since you can knock out a consumable item with Focus Sash and Veil softens hits for Weakness Policy to be functional. Blunder Policy tends to be too inconsistent to be a serious pick, but I think Weakness Policy has its uses on Veil and can be very dangerous.

Silvally @ Throat Spray
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Grass Pledge
- Work Up

Toxicroak @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer

Cursola @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball

Malamar @ Ring Target
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut

Fraxure @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower

The first team I built for this challenge. The idea for this team was to trick a Ring Target onto fairy or ghost types with Malamar so the team's sweepers can use their powerful STAB attacks. I found this strategy kinda sucked because often times hitting the fairy or ghost type weakens it enough for one of the sweepers to just use a coverage move. I used Blunder Policy Toxicroak which is actually pretty cool if you can land Dynamic Punch when you want it to (it usually never happens though), being able to not rely on Sucker Punch is pretty good for Toxicroak.

Silvally @ Throat Spray
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Work Up

Rapidash-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Agility
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer

Cursola @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Fraxure @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

This Rapidash-Galar set is the best thing I came up with for this competition. I was astonished by Rapidash-Galar's sweeping potential with Weakness Policy.

Stunfisk @ Passho Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Mr. Rime @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Screen Cleaner
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Pollen Puff
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin
- Sleep Powder

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic

Silvally @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Sorry Mr. Rime, but you suck. Blunder Policy makes you go through a wave of emotions, one game you'll be disappointed and the next you'll be ecstatic. Lum Berry is a cool item on Silvally though because you can SD twice as Sandaconda switches in and attempts to Glare you, at +4 you have a chance to OHKO Sandaconda with Multi-Attack, and if you don't OHKO you can at least Flame Charge the next turn.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1139084693 - Vs Irish BOTS2 - This is the best example of how I wanted Ring Target Malamar to work.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1139146323 - Vs Noobzinlixo - Showcases the effectiveness of Rapidash-Galar.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1141683785 - Vs chloe - Lum Berry Silvally stays sweeping.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1142067757 - Vs monotypewhat - Blunder Policy Mr. Rime actually did something.

Creative Set

Rapidash-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Agility
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
This set is really fun and I think it's actually a legitimate threat. The EV spread let it set up on Magneton with Veil up, but now that Magneton is gone it could probably go more defensive to better take hits from Togedemaru and Garbodor. The speed lets it outspeed Magneton, and practically everything after an Agility. The main reason you'd want to use this over Orbeetle is for its poison immunity, even though Rapidash-Galar has less weaknesses and inferior bulk in comparison to Orbeetle, I feel like the poison immunity is worth it; also steel, poison, and ghost type moves are common enough and usually weak enough to take advantage of behind Veil (besides like perrserker, but that's not too common anymore and you could technically invest in defense to live an adamant steely spirit iron head but you'd need to make sure hail is not up). Neutral damage from stealth rocks is also nice.

I dont really have anything to offer, only laddered like 5 games so I guess that doesnt really impact and my creative set is ironicallly ring Target rotom, which was already mentioned before.

No ladder post because I only got to play two games because my internet sucked ass lol

Here's the team

Not the best iteration of the team because it is lacking hazard control which makes the creative set useless

Sawk @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Safety goggles ensures you don't lose your Sturdy to hail damage and fulfills one of the item requirements

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)