Spring Showers

Spring Showers

Introduction
Hey guys, SubakSupreme here, to present one of my favorite teams. This is a rain offense team which rely s on hard hits and priority users to blast through the opposition. Since the team has a lot of choice item users thinking turns ahead and making smarts switches is key to winning. games with the team.

The Team​

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 228 HP / 28 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic​

Politoed starts off the team sporting the almighty drizzle. The permanent rain gives the team a nice buffer against fire attacks, an answer to other weather, and a huge boost to Politoed and Keldeo’s water attacks.As for the set with choice specs attached Politoed becomes a crazy strong wall breaker. Hydro Pump is the real bomb while the other attacks are meant to deal with dragons and Ferrothorn respectively. While I prefer surf in the last slot, Psychic is for Toxicroak and Jellicent as it is the only move that can touch the two. The Evs give Politoed as much power as possible with enough speed to out speed defensive Skarmory. Overall if Politoed can outlast the enemy weather inducer the game is pretty much mine.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Surf​

Keldeo combines its choiced Spec Hydro Pump with Politoed to decimate the defensive backbone of the opposition. Water resists are quickly whittled down by repeated Hydro Pumps allowing one of the team’s priority users to sweep up the remains. The set is pretty stranded with Hidden Power ghost used for Jellicent and Celebi. What’s great about Keldeo is that with Secret Sword It can even demolish Ferrothorn and Blissy. This leaves only Celebi, Latias, and Jellicent as the only reliable switch ins. This leads to the next Mon.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

Scizor fits perfectly with the water spam core as they share great synergy and Scizor can pursuit trap the Lati and Celebi. With Hydro Pump doing so much damage to Celebi and Latias they are forced to recover. This is when Scizor comes in and threatens with U-turn only to Pursuit. Now Celebi and Latis cannot take another Hydro pump. Scizor also doubles as the team’s dragon resist and many revenge killers. Choice band was chosen to give pursuit and Bullet punch as much power as possible. The bulky spread allows Scizor to take a variety of hits. With many of Scizor's counters beaten/weakened by hydro Pump she can easily pull off a sweep late game.

Breloom (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Breloom was mainly chosen to destroy the water types that can tank a Bullet Punch or Hydro Pump. Spore greatly aids the team by creating set up opportunities for itself and other members; while Mach Punch is able to hit Pokemon that resist Bullet Punch and Ice Shard. Swords Dance turns Breloom into a threatening sweeper which allows it to sweep late game or open holes in the opposition. Lum Berry is the item of choice as it allows Breloom to avoid Scald burns and win Spore matches against other Breloom. While Breloom is probably the most replaceable its ability to create setup opportunities and deal with Jellicent are highly appreciated.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Mamoswine acts as a wall breaker of sorts while being the team's Stealth Rock user. With a focus sash Mamoswine is pretty much guaranteed to get up Stealth rock against the opposing lead. if Stealth rock is not needed 1st turn I will use Mamoswine as bait so that it can Endeavor Scizor or Rotom-W leaving them at 1 HP. This makes it much easier to get a late game sweep with Salamence or a other priority user. Mamoswine Backs up Scizor by checking dragons with Ice Shard while Earthquake destroys grounded steals. Mamoswine will often be sacked early on if it has gotten up Stealth Rock or crippled a wall.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Since i have 3 Priority users a dedicated revenge killer is unnecessary; so a Scarf Salamence is perfect for the team. Salamence usually isn't sent out until late game. By then its checks and counters are weak enough for Salamence to destroy the remains. Outrage is pretty much the only move used but the other moves have there uses. Dragon claw is for when Outrage's power isn't needed or for when only one Pokemon needs to be crushed. Earthquake is for Jirachi and Heatran while Brick Break is solely for Ferrothorn and air balloon Heatran.

Threat list
Jelicent: is the biggest threat to the team as it gains health from Hydro Pump and Scizor can't effectively Pursuit trap it. Breloom is my best answer to Jellicent but since Jellicent is usually found on more defensive teams Breloom can be stalled out if it is repeatedly switched into entry hazards.

Final Look​

Conclusion​
This team has been a blast to play with and i can't think of any changes to make. I would appericate any feedback and if you like the team feel free to take it for a spin or leave luvdisc.

Hey!

Solid Rain team, good work so far. It's pretty standard, but the standard is very effective right now in my opinion. In my opinion, Salamence is really the biggest issue on your team. Aside from my personal dislike of Scarf Salamence, I just don't think it's maximizing the value you need from that slot. I'll focus on switching that slot and some other sets, hopefully producing a better, more efficient team in the process.

First, I think you should try out Choice Specs Latios over Choice Scarf Salamence. It covers the biggest issue you mentioned in your OP, Jellicent, with relative ease. Jellicent can't do a lot of damage as it stands, and Latios gets some free opportunities to threaten a Draco Meteor or Trick. Latios is also pretty cool because most people rely on Tyranitar to kill it, so naturally if you can weaken Tyranitar, Politoed has a lot more room to do it's job. Hippowdon are kind of free Draco Meteor opportunities, so with some smart switches and moves, Latios is pretty capable of pressuring common Sand teams.

Now that you've got Specs Latios, I think you'd do yourself a favor by switching to Choice Scarf Keldeo. In my personal opinion, Scarf Keldeo is the best set in the game right now. Aside from maybe Ferrothorn, Celebi, and Jellicent, you can punch through practically every other Pokemon in the metagame. Keldeo is also relatively bulky, making it extremely hard to KO should you fail to KO with your own attacks. I think you've got a lot of good support - like Scizor, Latios, and Breloom - that you can break a hole through one or two of those and set up a very realistic Keldeo sweep.

Finally, this one is mostly a personal preference, but I really like Max Speed Timid Choice Specs Politoed. It gets so many surprise kills that you'd never guess. Most people run the Jolly Tyranitar Speed benchmark with stuff like Celebi or Jellicent, and that's where the brilliance of this set really comes in. You hit them on a predicted switch and nab the 2HKO before they realize that they can't stay in and Recover. You can also surprise Defensive Rotom-w's, which can really come in handy with Keldeo, Mamoswine, and Scizor.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)