Special attacking Blissey is underrated RMT (peaked 120)

Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I was trying to make a theme of electric and fire attacks on one pokemon so I decided that deoxys did it pretty well especially since people don't expect a fire move on him. I have wanted to try using a pokemon with sub for a while so I decided that with his speed it would work well. I have also considered psychic or superpower over sub but I kind of like sub better due to its unpredictability.

Blissey (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Softboiled

This is my anti rain pokemon and it works even better than the gastrodon I was using before. If they send out politoed I send him out. Then if they switch to ferrothorn I use sunny day and then flamethrower for a ohko. With expert belt and max special attack evs it has just enough special attack to 2 hit ko alot of things. HP evs on blissey really aren't that useful since it has so much hp already (max evs in hp only increase it by 10 percent).

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

No one expects choice scarf on scizor so it allows me to surprise kill alot of things. Scizor also benefits from a diverse movepool which is always good. Bullet punch may seem strange on a choice scarfer but keep in mind that even with choice scarf scizor can't outspeed everything. I tried frustration over bullet punch since its a little more powerful but bullet punch still worked better.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Crunch

When I make teams I always use at least 2 choice scarfers so this is my second one. Its a fairly standard moveset but it has variety. I get surprise kills with this thing as well since no one expects choice scarf t-tar although it is more common than choice scarf scizor.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

I have noticed other people have been using gliscor less so that has caused people to remove their gliscor counters from their teams. I like it when people are not using the stuff I am using because it allows me to win more and it makes me feel more original. Overall a fairly standard moveset.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 136 HP / 192 Def / 116 SAtk / 64 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Recover

Porygon2 is another bolt beamer like deoxys except this one has some bulk. I don't understand why people don't use porygon2 more often since it counters dragon dancers and gliscor so well. It also works as a heatran counter as long as the heatran doesn't have toxic. Since I have noticed myself using him less recently I have been experimenting with tentacruel since I don't have a rapid spinner. I will probably put him back on eventually though.

see the problem with this is that even in sun your blissey only has an 18% chance of OHKOing standard special defensive ferrothorn. So I'm sorry but special attacking blissey is not a good idea. You can leave sunny day to counter rain, and actually feel free to keep flamethrower as well (seismic toss works way better) but invest in defense and give her toxic or thunder wave

You are missing 4 EVs on your first 4 pokes. A typical EV spread for a physical attacker would be 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd.
Otherwise OK team, Blissey is a much better supporter.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Blissey gets Fire Blast, use it! :p It'll solve your damage problem against Ferrothorn.

I guess I haven't seen a ferrothorn with max special defense yet because I have ohko'd all the ferrothorns I have seen. Even if I find one that I can't ohko, flamethrower will damage it so much it won't be able to do much else. The bigger threat is them anticipating flamethrower after I use sunny day and then switching it but since this strategy is new it will take people a while to figure that out. I am not giving it fire blast since I don't like low accuracy moves.

I think you have problem also against Terrakion, which is very used these times...
If you loose Gliscor it may be a serious problem :(

Now that you mention it I have been losing to terrakion lately. Stone edge can do serious damage to gliscor if they predict the switch to him. The problem is I don't know what a good terrakion counter is. I was looking through the usage stats and it seems that terrakion does normal damage with at least one of its moves to every pokemon on it. Sometimes t-tar can revenge kill it since they are not expecting choice scarf but that doesn't work against choice scarf terrakions. I was also thinking about running terrakion myself but it would be kind of redundant to have another pokemon with a fighting move. Could it work as a substitute for scizor maybe.

Terrakion can be a major pain to deal with. There are two pokemon I use to try and deal with him.

Scarf Jirachi-He may still not outsped him but the trick is to throw him in after someone as gone down (most likely because of close combat since you have a huge weakness to it) and OHKO with iron head

SUB/DISABLE Gengar- I usually switch him in on a EQ or CC. Since hes choiced he cant do much. Get the sub up and do work.

Scizor is a great counter to him too. You would have to band him and make him adament though.

This blissey set seems bad. It's just not a good pokemon, replace it with literally any other pokemon LOL. P.S., what's your name on the smogon server?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can't find the thread at the moment, but a quote from an early DP warstory where the winner used an offensive Blissey:
Somebody said:
Every time Blissey sweeps a team, a kitten is thrown into the Hudson.
Humor aside, this team doesn't seem all that great. The weak points in my opinion are Deoxys-S, Blissey, and Porygon2. I'll focus on the first two members.

Deoxys-S
Sub on Deoxys-S? You could be doing so many better things than Subbing with a weak Pokemon that can't Baton Pass. Deoxys-S is relatively weak, and without Life Orb it is even weaker. I suggest this set:
Jolly/Timid nature
252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Focus Sash
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Superpower / Hidden Power Fire
The last slot can be switched out for another attacking move of your choice if you so choose, but those are the two best options.

Blissey
Okay, that Blissey is just... bad. Offensive Blissey without Calm Mind is just... bad. Blissey should be walling, not fighting. And as a rain counter, it isn't very good either - you already have Tyranitar, who removes the rain courtesy of Sand Stream. If you really need a Rain counter though, Virizion is currently one of the biggest threats to Rain teams. Since your team has three physical Pokemon already, you could probably benefit most from the Calm Mind set.
Virizion @ Leftovers
Timid nature
6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ice
This is Virizion's most popular set for a reason. It takes away Blissey's role as your answer to Ferrothorn and Rain in general, as well as resisting Terrakion's Rock moves and Earthquake (Watch out for X-Scissor!).

Good luck with your team.
EDIT: Oops, I counted EQ twice or something...

Virizion @ Leftovers
Timid nature
6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ice
This is Virizion's most popular set for a reason. It takes away Blissey's role as your answer to Ferrothorn and Rain in general, as well as resisting Terrakion's STAB moves and Earthquake (Watch out for X-Scissor!).

Good luck with your team.
Virizion does not resist Close Combat. In fact, it takes quite a hefty blow due to its mediocre at best physical defense and Terrakion's gargantuan attack stat.

Blissey is not meant for special attacking, you can use if you must, but its obviously a better wall and outclassed by almost every special attacker in the books

I guess I could try virizion again. I am not much of a fan of pokemon who depend on focus blast though. The problem I might have with virizion though is that it is weak to ice beam. I really don't believe my special attacking blissey is outclassed by other special attackers because not many pokemon can pull off a strong electric and fire move while still having the bulk that blissey has. Also I really need a pokemon that can change the weather besides t-tar since t-tar can't switch into politoed while blissey can. I really hate losing to rain teams. None of the counters to terrakion posted here can counter him much better than choice scarf t-tar but I managed to think of a counter on my own. I was thinking about using choice scarf nidoking since he resists close combat, stone edge, and x-scissor. Earthquake could be a problem but I have gliscor to deal with that. Getting rid of toxic spikes could be useful as well.

i havent rated in a while, and i'm not very well versed in gen 5, but i don't see how having ttar and sunny day on the same team are worth it, and also having sunny day + scizor seems like a poor idea, i would replace one of those two....

I really don't believe my special attacking blissey is outclassed by other special attackers because not many pokemon can pull off a strong electric and fire move while still having the bulk that blissey has. Also I really need a pokemon that can change the weather besides t-tar since t-tar can't switch into politoed while blissey can. I really hate losing to rain teams.
Blissey isn't a perfect switch-in to Politoed. If Blissey eats a Toxic or Hypnosis on the switch, she has to switch out. Unfortunately, Politoed has a number of different sets, so you can't always have a hard and fast counter. You could try Bulky NP Celebi:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power (Fire) / Earth Power / Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

None of the counters to terrakion posted here can counter him much better than choice scarf t-tar but I managed to think of a counter on my own. I was thinking about using choice scarf nidoking since he resists close combat, stone edge, and x-scissor. Earthquake could be a problem but I have gliscor to deal with that. Getting rid of toxic spikes could be useful as well.
Scarf TTar is not a counter to Terrakion, because it cannot switch into Close Combat. It is a check at best, and a shaky one due to the prevalence of both Scarf and Double Dance Terrakion. Gliscor is a more solid counter, but it has problems switching into a Banded SE or a LO HP Ice.

I don't know if this is dead or not, just stumbled across it. Now, I know Scizor doesn't outspeed other choice scarf users, but have you tried other steel type options and against non- choice scarf users you should still hit first, and Scizor is either resistant or neutral to most priority attacks anyway, and it can take plenty of them with its high defense stat.

Technician Metal Claw w/ STAB: 110 Power + 10% Chance to increase attack (95% accuracy)
Iron Head w/ STAB: 120 Power + 30% chance of flinch (100% accuracy)

Overall, I suggest you replace Bullet Punch with Iron Head or Metal Claw, and I wish you best of luck for this team!

P.S If you wanna be more bulky you could use Steel Wing (w/ STAB: 105 Power) :P cya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)