Updated 3rd draft.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly | Pressure
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake / Whirlwind

Aerodactyl lead. Hopefully he'll always use Stealth Rock and Taunt to start the game in my favor. I love the speed plus Rock Slide because nothing makes your opponent weep like flinching. Does he really need a second attack in Earthquake or could I use Whirlwind for some phazing?
Type Synergy:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid | Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Pain Split Gengar to block Rapid Spin and sweep with Life Orb and perfect coverage. Pain Split is too much fun. There's nothing like hurting and healing at once.
Type Synergy:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid / Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Starmie for Rapid Spin along with Life Orb boosted BoltBeam.
Type Synergy:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold | Water Absorb
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Toxic / Roar / Ice Beam

Wish passing Vaporeon as my bulky water. Should work well with my rampant Life Orbing. Toxic in the last slot to take advantage of the stalling, but considering Roar to add phazing to my team.
Type Synergy:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Jolly / Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw / Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost / ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is my set-up sweeper. I'd love to use Outrage, but I'm afraid of being locked in or confused. ExtremeSpeed is one of my favorite moves but I think the reliable recovery is more important.
Type Synergy:

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid / Volt Absorb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Ice / Charge Beam / Signal Beam

Jolteon to cover my three electric weaknesses. I'd like to use Charge Beam to be +1 with a Life Orb, but I'm going for the coverage.
Type Synergy:

Any big holes in the team? I have two weakness to each of Rock, Ghost, and Dark. Should I drop someone for Tyranitar or maybe Machamp? Any comment on my moves? Specifically, should I add some phazing? Any advice at all?

Interesting team, but I really hate how things like Scarf Rotom can potentially always pick off one of your Pokemon by coming in and just clicking Shadow Ball. If stuff like Jolly Gyarados grab a Dragon Dance its pretty much over as well, and it can against Dragonite. If you want to play suicidal offense, you just cannot give your opponent any room at all to set up. Currently Dragonite is really really hurting your team, as it lets some key boosting Pokemon, like Agility Metagross [who 6-0es you], Gyarados and opposing Dragonite set up. Dragonite can also potentially give things like Gengar a free Substitute, which means you are foddering a Pokemon in order to force it out.

I think the best option would be to use a Dragon Dance Dragonite. Without a Choice item, Dragonite does not allow opponents to set up much. In fact with a Life Orb, pretty much nothing can set up on Dragonite, outside of perhaps Calm Mind Bronzong lol...By using Dragon Dance and Extremespeed, you may be able to lure out and KO a weakened Scarf Flygon or something, which gives Gyarados and Jolteo a very real chance at sweeping.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Jolly | Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance / Outrage / Extremespeed / Earthquake

Walled by Bronzong and Skarmory, but the rest of your team does pretty well against them. Also definitely consider Substitute and Hidden Power Ice on Jolteon. Substitute Life Orb Jolteon is very good, as if your opponent brings in something like ScarfGon, you can Substitute rather than Thunderbolt and your opponent could potentially lose a Pokemon as it hits you while you're hiding behind your Sub. Substitute / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Ice] / Shadow Ball.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the help. My team does have lots of problems. ^^;

I'd rather use Machamp over Swampert to handle Tyranitar. Possibly as a lead. Though I could also use a mixed attacking Dragonite as a lead. Either way, I'll switch Dragonite away from the Choice Band. Jolteon will probably gain Substitute too.
And I'd really like to add Vaporeon.

How can I squeeze in Machamp and Vaporeon? Should Aerodactyl come out as lead? Should I use DDance on Dragonite or give him a mixed set? Who should get cut?

The main problem this team has is that it cannot effectively check some threats. To solve this, try a scarf Flygon over Dragonite. With Flygon, you can check tons of threats including most dragon dancers. When paired with Gengar and Gyarados, you can check most threats save Scizor (who is checked by Gyarados to some extent)

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Jolly
252/252
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-U-Turn

One last thing would be to try Zapdos (subroost/offensive LO). With a jolly nature or enough HP, Metagross (and Scizor too) can run through your team (though Flygon will check them most of the time) and add some more bulk to this team whilst stopping threats like Shaymin a bit better. You already have rapid spin and an additional ground resist. Zapdos is very effective nowadays because its top checks are makeshift and easily worn down.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team.

This seems to be a relatively solid team, Soda, as it it able to hold it own when faced with quite a few of the top notch offensive and defensive threats of the current OU tier. It packs a nicely constructed strategy, involving creating a lot of switches among the opponent's ranks, which is allows your team to nicely hold up its momentum while also putting constant pressure upon the opposing battler. I do however, see offensively orientated Pokemon which can potentially give your team major problems given the fact that they have the needed move set and they find an opportunity to switch in and start to set up. Dragon dance Tyranitar, Gyarados and Dragonite all give your team major problems for self explanatory reasons although the former is probably the most notable as through its two STABs alone, it can wipe out your entire team. Also, along with the dragon dancers Pokemon like Starmie, Gengar and Jolteon all can present formidable threats if the circumstances are sufficient.

[box]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn[/box]
To remedy all of these problems your team currently has, I'd like to recommend one small change which won't alter your team's play style at all; on the contrary, as well as helping out with the aforementioned threats, this change will most likely improve your team's general structure and efficiency. I highly suggest replacing your choice band Dragonite. with a choice scarf Flygon; don't get me wrong; choice band Dragonite is a huge offensive behemoth but he doesn't seem to fit into this kind of team. Flygon will be able to defeat all of the aforementioned threats due to its great offensive prowess and notable move pool; also, Flygon can perform also as a "scout" Pokemon using U-turn which will help keep up the momentum your team needs to obtain a strategic victory. I hope this has helped, and good luck.

Hello Sodapop!

Cool offensive team you have, but I think that you are a little weak to Choice Scarf attackers. Not many things can switch into Rotom/Jirachi/Flygon without being 2HKOed. Also, I usually believe that Gengar and Starmie have psuedo-redundant coverage and sometimes make you hardpressed to find a resistance from people spamming Shadow Ball. To remedy this issue, I would suggest the following.

Change CB Dragonite into the LO DD Nite that Heist mentioned earlier, and then change Jolteon to CB Tyranitar. To add to that, I would replace Starmie with Leech Seed Shaymin to allow you to beat Pokemon like Gyarados after a Dragon Dance. To me, Starmie isn't really essential as Aerodactyl is meant to stop Rocks from getting up in the first place. Here are the sets:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Aqua Tail
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Hp / 180 Spe / 72 Sp Atk
Nature: Timid
-Seed Flare
-Leech Seed
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Protect
These two will give you the ability to switch into Choiced threats and also add a little Power to overcome Stall oriented teams. Plus Leech Seed Shaymin can allow you to set-up with the ability to regain health.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the great help. I'm going to take the team in another direction. My biggest constraint is I'm trying to use my favorite pokes because they'll be the most satisfying to send into battle, and that is mostly only Gen 1. The few exceptions include Tyranitar, Scizor, Skarmory, and maaybe Swampert, Lucario, and Heracross.

I think I'm going to go with Tentacruel to lay down Toxic Spikes and also provide Rapid Spin. Then I want some good stall to work with the toxic. I'm thinking one of my favs Vaporeon and maybe Zapdos (although it'd be nice to not deal with the pain of catching a good one). I want a phazer too, possibly one with Stealth Rock, so I was thinking Skarmory, Swampert, or maybe a weird TTar set. With all the work to lay the spikes, I want a spin blocker and Gengar is way cooler than the Rotoms.

From there, I need some good sweep. I like Dragon Dance, so I'll probably go with Dragonite for that. But I also like Swords Dance boosted priority moves, as well as blazing fast Scarfed pokemon, and sweepers that don't need to set up or get choice locked.

I'm going to post a new rough list in a minute.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish | Keen Eye
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
-Spikes / Stealth Rock (which is better here?)
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird

Type Synergy:
Fire:

Electric:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm | Liquid Ooze
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb

Type Synergy:
Electric:
Ground:

Psychic:

Gengar @ ???

I'm indecisive about what set to use. Substitute seems strong and extra fun when paired with Pain Split. But my gut tells me to grab more attack coverage and have Explosion for some last minute boom.

Type Synergy:
Psychic:

Ghost:

Dark:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold | Water Absorb
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam

Type Synergy:
Electric:
Grass:

Dragonite @ ???

This one vexes me too. I'm going for Dragon Dance but I'm having trouble picking moves. And item. Leftovers or all out with Life Orb? Nature? Adamant or does he need the Jolly speed boost?
Is Outrage worth it over Dragon Claw, risking being locked in and getting confused?
Does he need Roost for some recovery?
Can ExtremeSpeed fit in? I do love priority.

Type Synergy:
Ice:

Rock:
Dragon:

So, I need someone to take electric hits. Should that be Zapdos even with the added Rock and Ice weaknesses, or Jolteon to get the full immunity?
Skarmory is my least favorite here. Could I find someone else to phaze? Is Stealth Rock very important even with Toxic Spikes? Would Aerodactyl fit back in here, or is the plethora of resists that Skarmory provides too good?

Should I forget about entry hazards? If Aerodactyl could prevent my opponent from laying them, could I skip the Rapid Spinner? I don't like Tentracruel much. Giving everyone toxic poison seem great but maybe it'd be better to just knock out my opponents mons with strong sweepers?

If you already have a SR user, then Spikes, otherwise SR.

I personally prefer SubSplit to LO Sweeper on Gengar, but it's your choice.

For Dragonite, I would suggest a set of:
Dragonite@Life Orb (for sheer sweeping power)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP (for ability to set up), 52 Att, 204 Spe (to outspeed Base 100 CScarfers after two Dragon Dances)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw (the lock and confusion murder it)
-Earthquake (Levitate Bronzong and Skarmory are the only to resist the combo)
-Roost (SR damage and LO recoil add up quick, as well as removing the Rock weakness and making Ice only 2x)

I like Jolteon, and definitely do not remoze the entry hazards, they are necessary for certain OHKOs and 2KOs.

Please hit the "Edit" button at the bottom of your first post, this kind is awkward and hard to read.

Sorry, first post updated with current draft of the team. Thanks for all the help. Removing Skarmory probably wasn't the strongest move, but I think Aerodactyl is way cooler. ^^

Definitely Earthquake. Aerodactyl is way too fragile to use Whirlwind. Also, EdgeQuake is almost unresisted.

I would use Roar, but you can choose.

I've said it once, Dragon Claw over Outrage, and Roost over ExtremeSpeed. Adamant over Jolly, and honestly, I tried the set I recommended, and it 6-0ed my friend. (OK, 6-1ed, but that was my suicide lead.

I'd use Signal Beam to OHKO any Celebi (one 6-0ed me), but Ice gets great coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)