So I got a tablet...

i really like how bold and delineated stuff is with the underlying madness of the color. It's like in life how we think we understand everything so well but you look closer and you see how much more complicated it really is, but it the end everything works out.

The quality of the work is fucking superb too. Awesome deep stuff man.

edit: bb lucky 7 post----> 5 stars
but seriously though im surprised no one rated this :O

nine sketches and a poem

exercises in semi-automatic drawing, parts 1-9

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

"Uncircumcised of Lips"

MM...MMMM...
MO! MMO! M-MO!
MOS...M-MOS...
MMOSE-M... MO-O-O-O-SE! M-MMM...

MOSES!!!!!

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Dude, I have a feeling you will become some sort of neo Van Gogh/Pollock hybrid super-artist. These are insane, hahaha. I love that your coloring is so impatient and full of energy.

Satanist Kakuna is my favorite.

This badly scanned image depicts Alexander the Great triumphantly riding through a freshly conquered city on his hippocamp.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you absolutely terrify me

you are mind-blowingly talented; i feel like i could sit and stare at these for hours, be sucked into each world wrought by just a single one of them and never get out if i did so for long enough

it's almost a shame it's so easy to scroll down and "browse"; it encourages one to not spend as much time as one ought on each piece

i have taken to tagging the end of each of these messages to artists with dumb shit like "keep it up", but it just feels so trite and underappreciative, so i'll stick with stop fucking with my head

I stand in awe of your total triumph over artistic inhibition, man. Every one of those Pokemon are threatening to burst out of the boxes you've entrapped them in. Totally no beard.

you are mind-blowingly talented; i feel like i could sit and stare at these for hours, be sucked into each world wrought by just a single one of them and never get out if i did so for long enough

it's almost a shame it's so easy to scroll down and "browse"; it encourages one to not spend as much time as one ought on each piece

i have taken to tagging the end of each of these messages to artists with dumb shit like "keep it up", but it just feels so trite and underappreciative, so i'll stick with stop fucking with my head
I honestly agree. True amazement, Big Bayou!

Fuck....Just....Fuck.
Finally Smogon has burst from boring, albeit ascetically pleasing "art" and plunged into this dark, morbid abstract world of seemingly never ending tales of pain.

I love it and hate it at the same time, I just can't stop looking. Not even if I tried.

*bows down*

Cloyster ftw.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i really really like, your style of all the little symbols and details spread across each design really makes this one; it's both chaotic and intricate

for these pieces without a tablet, are they sketched then inked/coloured before being scanned? if so, what are you using to colour?

Patriotic Poem #1

To be read aloud rapidly against a funky 4/4 drum beat, appending "yeah" or "and" to the ends of lines as you see fit.

How much candy can you feed to a goat?

How many bags can you shove down its throat?

How many bags are sleeping under my eyes?

A flick of the wrist, they're spangled with dye!

U-S-A! U-S-A! We'll bake you into pie!

probably with apples.

for these pieces without a tablet, are they sketched then inked/coloured before being scanned? if so, what are you using to colour?
http://www.faber-castell.us/35154/P...Pens/PITT-Artist-Brush-Pens/index_ebene3.aspx

WOW!!! You are so talented! I feel like every one of your drawings has endless underlying themes and messages, which is extremely sophisticated. I think someone said this before, but your style of drawing shows even more detail in the smallest parts of the picture that when you look at any one part you can see even more detail, but then when you step back and take it all in all those extra lines and colors blend together and make the art that much better. Honestly, fanTAStic work!

People like you are nothing short of inspirational. Frightening, vivid, emotional... but in just one word, "brilliant".

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Your stuff leaves me terribly conflicted. I look at each piece and find myself drawn into a personal debate going back and forth in my head.

Doug's Brain said:
"This stuff sucks."
"The detail is incredible."
"The detail is meandering, unstructured crap."
"But I think I see <x> here."
"No it actually looks more like <y>."
"No it doesn't look like anything. Bayou is playing a big joke on everyone."
"But I've been staring at this long enough, that there must be SOMETHING to this piece."
"Maybe he just wants to draw random shit and make everyone believe there is some deep meaning to it. When it's really meaningless garbage."
"But I've seen a lot of crappy art before, and I don't stare at it and think about it this long. So, this can't be crappy art."
"In fact, I've seen FANTASTIC art that I barely glance at for half a second. This is really great art, to draw me in like this."
"I've seen car wrecks and stared at them for a long time too. But, that doesn't mean they are good art."
"But, then again, there's a shitload of work and effort that went into this. It clearly isn't random. It's actually pretty amazing."
"Or maybe it's just detailed crap."
"Ok. Cut this out, Doug. Quit overthinking it. It has clearly evoked something in you."
"In fact, it evoked an emotional reaction and then a detailed intellectual reaction."
"Yeah, Big Bayou is a fucking genius. Definitely a genius."
"Or maybe I'm just stupid?"
"Stop staring at this and move on, Doug."
"Stop staring at it!!!...."
I love your stuff, Big Bayou. It's magnetic, chaotic, detailed, and brilliant. The pic of your favorite types of pokemon is the best pokemon-related art I've seen in a very long time. Bravo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)