Smogon University PO Statistics — May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the stats, R_D

Ubers usage:
| 30 | Dragonite | 740 | 4.0749 |
| 31 | Charizard | 716 | 3.9427 |
| 32 | Latios | 701 | 3.8601 |

| 33 | Salamence | 680 | 3.7445 |
| 34 | Kingdra | 662 | 3.6454 |
WTF is this WTF is this WTF is this WTF is this WTF is this

Oh, and if Latias falls to UU, I'm going to laugh my ass off. She's so much more useful than Latios, seriously. Stop using Latios and use more Latias!

EDIT:

UU Stats:
| 23 | Azelf | 10671 | 7.7001 |
What is this thing doing so low? NP Azelf kills pretty much everything in UU after a boost. Unlike Mew, Azelf is actually fast and is very powerful. You're pretty much looking at UU's equivalent of Psycho Killer Mewtwo, right there.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Code:
[B]| 31   | Charizard       |    716 |  3.9427 |[/B]
I knew I was seeing a bit too many of them on the ladder.....Do people really think Charizard is better than certain Arceus formes, Salamence and Victini ?

Code:
[B]| 44   | Gyarados        |    470 |  2.5881 [/B]

Aah ! It seems finally trickroom came to his senses...(not by too much though)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LOL, way too many Pokemon this Gen (649...) and overcentralization around a particular group of monsters causing OU mons to bully in UU.

Latias's low stat usage obviously have to do with Latios's presence in OU (NOT saying that Latios should be Uber / Male > Female / etc).

| 10 | Vulpix | 14987 | 10.8145 |
| 11 | Mew | 14824 | 10.6969 |
Who thought we'd ever see a metagame where Vulpix and Mew would play alongside each other!! :o

Thanks for the stats. :)

Code:
[B]| 31   | Charizard       |    716 |  3.9427 |[/B]
I knew I was seeing a bit too many of them on the ladder.....Do people really think Charizard is better than certain Arceus formes, Salamence and Victini ?

Code:
[B]| 44   | Gyarados        |    470 |  2.5881 [/B]

Aah ! It seems finally trickroom came to his senses...(not by too much though)
Charizard just happens to be the one mon used by all the noobs, don't ask why.

also, REJOICE, trickroom has finally realised how much shit Gyara is worth in ubers!

^lol, I think SJCrew has just made anything posted after him redundant, but I'll write something anyway:

*cheers for little Espeon*

Latias almost falling to UU...yeah, there's definitely too many Pokemon this generation if that's what's going down.

I'm also very surprised that Staraptor and Abomasnow aren't higher in UU.

UU Rated:
| 88 | Mandibuzz | 2431 | 1.7542 |

What
The
Hell
Seriously, Mandibuzz almost completely walls UU. It can survive a Life Orb, Sun boosted V-Create, and KO back with Payback. Why is it so low? It has recovery, enough support moves, great defensive stats....

It's her lack of offensive presence that holds her back. That and the fact that Chansey is doing most of the walling.

I like the idea of using her on Hail teams, though. She is very bulky and has Overcoat.

Very bulky indeed. 110/105/95 is just amazing. I've used her on my second (and most succesful) UU team, consisting of Aerodactyl, Roserade, Milotic, Arcanine, Machoke and Mandibuzz.

She walls stuff. A lot.

I can say with honesty that Rock Polish Sand Force Landorus has destroyed almost every single offense team that I've been up against. STAB Earthquake from over 500 Atk is lovely, Stone Edge gives great coverage, HP Ice is good enough to kill Gliscor. The only obstacle in its way is Skarmory, and even then you can just run Taunt instead of HP Ice, or hit it with Smack Down on the switch (underrated move is underrated)

That and I also think Scrafty is pretty underrated. After a Dragon Dance it outspeeds and OHKO's most everything in the top ten, its gets three fantastic abilities to choose from, Ice Punch for Gliscor! CB Scizor Bullet Punch can fail to 2HKO in some circumstances whilst with a Life Orb it can 2HKO with +1 Drain Punch. Garchomp can't OHKO with LO Earthquake, nor does Skarmory's Brave Bird whilst +1 LO Hi Jump Kick cleanly 2HKOs even physically defensive sets. The only problem is that Scrafty kind of lacks immediate power, but Moxie can make that a non-issue if you can get Scrafty in at the right time.

Also, one way in which Mandibuzz is better than Murkrow is she can actually switch in on attacks other than Earthquake or Psychic. Murkrow relies too much on priority Featherdance and Roost to give itself bulk, and thus it can't really switch in on some attacks that Mandibuzz could easily survive.

Thanks for the stats, RD

One thing that stood out to me in the UU stats was Nidoqueen at #33. It's definitely a solid poke as always but what's it doing so special to get that high? Wobb, Rhyperior, PorygonZ, Scolipede are definitely too underused, among quite a few others. Electivire users confuse me, shafting it to #89 for the tier it isn't terrible in. lol

Alright, I'm calling for a lower threshold for UU. People are silly and so stats are silly, that's nothing new, but this shit's just not gonna work.

Victini's stays in UU. What.

Haxorus usage > Mence surprised me; Starmie being top 16 did, too, seeing as it has a lot of threats in the Gen. 5 meta. I know it gives Spin support for Volcarona and the like and helps with the spike of Fighting mons, but 16?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
| 13 | Slowbro | 13437 | 9.6961 |
| 14 | Empoleon | 12818 | 9.2494 |
| 15 | Milotic | 12519 | 9.0336 |

| 18 | Suicune | 11627 | 8.3900 |

Am I the only person that loves this?

OU:

Adding together the usages of the following:

Abomasnow + Hippowdon + Tyranitar + Politoad + Ninetails

Gives us a total useage percentage of 45.6717%.

However, there are two teams in a game. Due to this, I highly doubt it''s fair to assume that upwards of 80% of games are fought involving Weather, and probobly about 60% are weather wars [Although that guesstimation includes same-weather]

Centralisation around weather is pretty evident when you see that.

----

Latias is almost UU? Well, we all know who to blame for that one... a certain Blue, D-2 Bomber. Unless you wanna run Calm Mind, Latios is superior... and the Gen 5 Metagame is too fast and weather-centric [And has too many Tyranitars!] for a CM Latias to work.

---

@Katakiri:
3)better phazing move (Yawn makes them switch OR go to sleep, and it doesn't have negative priority)
Swampert gets Yawn too, as an Egg Move.

Quagsire's niche is against stat-uppers, however, Swampert is not a wall. SWAMPERT IS A TANK. Swampert is supposed to dish out damage while taking hits. Swampert wasn't a wall in Gen 4 either. He was a tank back then too.

Swampert can go about tanking either by phazing, which, IMO, is better left to RestTalk Gyarados, or using his better-than Quagisre offense and bulk to actually cause damage by attacking, instead of attempting to be something that it frankly isn't.

They have the same type, but their roles are different. If you want a more offensive Ground/Water, Swampert is the better choice. Quagsire is for defense.

And when your only weakness is x4 Resisted by the best wall in the whole teir...

---
UU:
Meh, kinda what I expected. Although, I see a bucketload of Durant.

Can't wait for Teir 3, be it NU, LU, or whatever.

Thanks for the stats R_D

+ ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Usage | Percent |
+ ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- +
| 1 | Tyranitar | 119711 | 21.8169 |
| 2 | Ferrothorn | 117960 | 21.4978 |
| 3 | Garchomp | 113074 | 20.6073 |
| 4 | Scizor | 107394 | 19.5722 |
| 5 | Gliscor | 87936 | 16.0260 |
| 6 | Latios | 81312 | 14.8188 |
| 7 | Rotom-W | 74332 | 13.5467 |
| 8 | Excadrill | 72129 | 13.1452 |
| 9 | Reuniclus | 68412 | 12.4678 |
| 10 | Heatran | 68095 | 12.4101 |
Top 10 doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

| 51 | Latias | 19992 | 3.6435 |
| 52 | Whimsicott | 19976 | 3.6406 |

What really surprise me is how low these to pokemon are. Latias, under the right conditions is a monster being able to get +6 +6 easily. I guess T-tars popularity has scared people off using Latias. Seriously can Latias roam free in UU.

Whimiscott is a great utility pokemon that can serve many roles in teams and all round a great pokemon to use.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only real srprise for me is Reuniclus remainnig in the top 10. In recent months the amoun of times I've seen it has continued to go down as peop[le learned to deal with it with all sorts of things and in the last I've hardly seen any of it. Interesting.

I think I must have conveniently faced all the teams that used Tentacruel... it did NOT seem like a 39 usage spot to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)