Smogon Tour Season 6 Finals: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Round 1 - Deadline: October 4, 2008

Earthworm vs Taylor
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki
Fabbles vs Gouki
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin

Play games in UU, OU, and Uber. Best of the 3 advances. Smogon Tour rules apply.

To reiterate:

* Garchomp is banned from OU
* Move Tutor enabled moves and new Pokemon brought by Platinum are not allowed

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earthworm (Ubers, UU) vs Taylor (OU) - I want Taylor to win, but I have a feeling Earthworm will.
Maniaclyrasist (Ubers, UU) vs Loki (OU) - Can't discount Loki but Maniac is on fire, and I'm unsure of Loki's real quality in other metagames.
Fabbles (Ubers, UU) vs Gouki (OU) - Fabbles just keeps winning shit.
Arin (UU) vs JabbaTheGriffin (Ubers, OU) - Jabba is quite good all round and I reckon he'll take it.

Good luck guys!

according to Havak people seem to be good at either "Ubers and UU" or just "OU." Better start on Ubers and UU then. Don't want to lose when I'm in this 6 years in the future :/

Earthworm vs Taylor - Tough match to call, but Earthworm has throughly trounced me both times I've played him, so I have to hand it to him here.
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki - Going with the name I hear more.
Fabbles vs Gouki - Predicting the other 2 Pouwer Boys, so I might as well stick with Gouki.
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin - Jabba's supposed to be really versatile, which is pretty important here.

Earthworm vs Taylor - This is tough to call, but Taylor performs well in OU and Ubers, but that OU battle will be one to watch. Go Tutor!
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki - Go Tutor! Loki is pretty good though.
Fabbles vs Gouki - Fabbles kicked my ass several times, Gouki is aight cause he's Canadian but still...
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin - Jabba ftw, but Arin looks to be the fave in UU.

Going to ask this again.
Why is Garchomp banned for the tour finals? The whole tour was played with Garchomp which means most players would have either built teams with Garchomp or teams with him in mind. Asking us to change teams now for a metagame we can't exactly test for seems a bit unfair.
I'll contact Loki shortly.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Little predictions:
Earthworm
(Ubers/UU) vs Taylor.
Maniaclyrasist (Ubers/UU) vs Loki
Fabbles (Ubers/UU) vs Gouki
Arin (UU) vs JabbaTheGriffin (Ubers/OU)

I'm not one to interrupt, but I am questioning the ban on Garchomp for this tourney. Garchomp has been deemed uber, but the whole tourney was played with Chomp in mind until now. It seems unclear whether this round of the tourney is facing the present or the past, as it appears to me to be a bit contradictory when Platinum moves are banned and Garchomp being banned as well.

But good luck to all in the tourney!

Earthworm (Ubers/UU) vs Taylor
Maniaclyrasist (Ubers/UU)vs Loki
Fabbles vs Gouki (OU/UU)
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin (Ubers/OU)

Earthworm vs Taylor - he's proved himself time and time again, a worthy "Pouwer boi" or whatever.
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki - superior knowledge of multiple tiers leads me to believe he can win this
Fabbles vs Gouki - gouki is cool and all, but fabbles has really been kicking ass lately, in both ubers and ou, and uu to an extent, and of course is the "rags to riches" story of coming from randomness to the top 8
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin - this is tough to call seeing as I've never even seen either of them play at all. arin seems like a cocky asshole, but he's gotta have some reason to be cocky so why not (aka I"m rooting for jabba but have no idea). everyone's a winner!

Reactions: trc

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earthworm vs Taylor - Haven't seen either play unfortunately, but I've heard Ew is perfect.
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki - Played Loki and he was really good but I've seen Maniac in tiers other than OU, makes me think he'll win
Fabbles vs Gouki- Ionno, Fabbles has been winning like crazy, but Gouki is great too :o
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin- Played him too and he's great

Good luck to all the participants!!!

I don't see why you couldn't just answer it since i'm obviously not the only person who thinks this way but whatever. I'll play Loki later today.

Earthworm vs Taylor - Heh, i'm rooting for both, I don't mind who wins, both are awesome guys.
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki - I just feel Maniac will win out here, OU will be close.
Fabbles vs Gouki - Fabbles won a lot recently, I can see him winning UU and Uber.
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin - When Jabba's playing well, he's awesome. I would like to see him win :)

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Earthworm vs Taylor
Maniaclyrasist vs Loki
Fabbles vs Gouki
Arin vs JabbaTheGriffin

My predictions

Betting on either Earthworm / Maniaclyrasist (who are probably the best DP players in the metagame at this moment) to win the Tour, but gouki could spark an upset if he has good team matchups.

gl all

I won both UU and Uber. So no need for OU. Good game Jabba.

And yes people only predicted against me because they didn't know me because I'm not very popular on Smogon forums. But you can't blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)