Smogon Tour 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm continually surprised we get new people to sign up to host for this tournament when the community acts the way they do when we get a host that just isn't quite ready yet to match the pace that this tournament demands.

It really isn't for everybody, but I seriously am fed up with the way a few people acted today on the server regarding the hosting that took place. The TDs are well aware of what happens and is happening during tour, particularly from the hosting side. We have 5 or 6 TDs that play every tour weekend ffs. What we don't need are people being wholly personally disrespectful of the host. Believe me, when there are issues the TDs do what they can to remedy the situation.

I know nobody wants to sit around for a 5+ hour Tour too. The TDs may need to do more with training new hosts prior to hosting, or pairing new hosts with an experienced host so that things can run smoothly.

Let's just keep the insults out of it please. And I get asking "yo is Round 2 on its way" and questions like that cuz ya the TDs are wondering the same thing, it's when personal insults get thrown out that I feel like something needs to be said.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Starting week 4 of this Smogon Tour, the Friday's tournament will start 2 hours later than the current time, at 8 PM EST (instead of 6 PM EST).

This change is made to give our mates from down under an easier time to play The Smogon Tour, as currently, the Tour's schedule isn't really friendly to them (8, 6 and 4 AM Sydney time). It's also advantageous to the Americans from the West Coast.

This change is permanent for all the duration of this Smogon Tour and the next editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)