Tournament Smogon Snake Draft IV: UU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

welcome to the official uu shitpost thread
Hello everyone, and welcome to the fourth edition of the Smogon Snake Draft's UU discussion thread! Feel free to discuss this tour's UU scene, go over any games, trends, or any other areas of relevance. This thread will be updated throughout the tour with each player's record, as well as replays from each week.

1598219165320.png

Potential UUers:
Rumble Hall Rattlers: CBU, bugzinator
Ambrette Astrotias: Accelgor, Finchinator
Shinto Ruin Serpents: vivalospride, Askov
Lake of Rage Leviathans: Luigi, -hs
Black City Mambas: Sabella, eifo
Lanakila Nagas: SoulWind, Kink, robjr
Celadon City Cobras: Lilburr, snaga
Sky Tower Lindworms: Poek, Moutemoute
Terminus Taipans: Adaam, High Impulse, Indigo Plateau
Berry Forest Bushmasters: pokemonisfun, Ramolost

1. Adaam
2. SoulWind
3. CBU
4. Accelgor
5. Sabella
6. Poek
7. pokemonisfun / Ramolost
8. Luigi
9. vivalospride
10. Lilburr

(in descending order from best to worst)
SoulWind: 4-1
Accelgor: 3-1
Poek: 3-2
Ramolost: 3-2
Adaam: 3-2
Askov: 2-1
Lilburr: 2-3
CBU: 2-3
zom0g: 1-0
Luigi: 1-2
Sabella: 1-4
vivalospride: 0-2

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Managers this year hardcore simps letting Liam go undrafted while bonafide scrubs in vivalospride and Indigo Plateau get taken. I am not convinced Lilburr has even graduated from the middle school (or the Irish equivalent) yet is starting over dual sport athlete Amukamara. Expect him to be picked up at mids after I go 0-4

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Managers this year hardcore simps letting Liam go undrafted while bonafide scrubs in vivalospride and Indigo Plateau get taken. I am not convinced Lilburr has even graduated from the middle school (or the Irish equivalent) yet is starting over dual sport athlete Amukamara. Expect him to be picked up at mids after I go 0-4
16036E23-0FEC-4134-84C0-50DD73632BAA.jpeg

???? stop contradicting yourself fool. if there wasn’t a 1 year ban I would 100% cancer just so liam could take my spot. you think I’m happy I got drafted just to be YOUR slave? quite the opposite really

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Lick my peter you r1 pussy bitch. On a scale of one to free Liam I’d say this snake draft is def a free Liam but that doesn’t make you less of a short queen (not king, cause you’re a bitch).

I’d appreciate if you never posted again because you have a badge and a trophy under your username so people will listen to the words you say despite having a canonical IQ of 4.71

Don’t speak in my direction ever again. I’ll see you at our dinner date tonight tho.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Rattlers] CBU vs Ramolost CBU was my #1 in power rankings and will bold him vs any opponent
[Bushmasters]

[Astrotias] Accelgor vs Adaam that’s me in the corner....that’s me in the spotlight [Taipans]

[Serpents] vivalospride vs Poek [Lindworms] After blowing up my DMs about snake all summer I expect viv to concoct every permutation possible for his week 1 prep. He will win 2-0 after Jirachi flinched down an Obstagoon

[Leviathans] Luigi vs Lilburr [Cobras] Lily will win so long as nobody lets her use Mudsdale

[Mambas] Sabella vs SoulWind [NagaS] My upset of the week. SW is goat but Booty has been concocting some heat teams in UUWC and I have faith in him to bring something to get good mu this week

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
[Rattlers] CBU vs Ramolost [Bushmasters] - 60:40
I’m a big fan of both, but CBU has been around for longer and I think his playmaking ability outclasses Ramo’s. CBU has been doing very well in UU recently, but I don’t think his SS is as strong as his SM. I’d be more inclined to make this a 65:35 or even 70:30 if it wasn’t for the fact that SS is currently somewhat matchup reliant, and one of CBU’s biggest flaws (imo) is his somewhat lack of diversity in SS builds so far. The same can be said for Ramo, though, as I found his builds somewhat linear while looking through his scout. However, if TDK & Tony support him, I think that the Rattlers’ UU should have a comfortable advantage over the Bushmasters’ UU. Excited to see two good friends duke it out in their first Snake.

[Astrotias] Accelgor vs Adaam [Taipans] - 45:55
Two of my closest UU goons, this is definitely the highlight of this round for me. Just like I said for CBU, I don’t think Adam’s SS is there yet compared to his SM level, and I would definitely have increased the odds in his favor for SM. I do think he’s a bit more versatile than Accel in the builder, and it doesn’t help that Accel took a short break earlier. However, Accel is no slouch and a workhorse when he’s motivated, and from personal experience this man can most certainly play to most people’s levels in a tier he’s comfortable with, so I’m definitely not ruling him out. To me, this one ultimately comes down to who has the better matchup or plays proactively, as both are easily capable of punishing their opponents when they get a small lead. Please schedule for a time I’m free on :pirate:

[Serpents] vivalospride vs Poek [Lindworms] - 51:49
I want to stay away from 50:50s, but this one is a bit harder to predict. I’m really happy viv is finally getting his shot at an official and I think his motivation will be through the roof. However, motivation doesn’t always necessarily translate to playmaking, and I think Poek is the better player between the two. In a tier where matchup wouldn’t have played a big role, I would’ve bolded the more motivated mainer, but I can see viv struggling to fight back given a worse matchup, and Poek has shown comfort in UU before, so this isn’t necessarily completely new territory either. Close match that could go either way but I’ll be biased bc I wanna see my buddy viv succeed.

[Leviathans] Luigi vs Lilburr [Cobras] - 40:60
Pretty interesting matchup. Luigi had a phenomenal open, beating respectable opponents like Adam, Nat, & myself, but I’m not entirely sold on his UU just yet. It also doesn’t help that I’ve heard he can be lazy when prepping, so I’m guessing he’ll depend on hs for a build. Lily, on the other hand, has no life and spends every day building, so I think the prep side of things gives her an advantage here. She’s a pretty solid player too, and I haven’t really seen any major slip-ups in her UU games. Favoring Lily by a fair amount but Luigi is more than capable of outplaying a key turn or two to put himself in a favorable position for a win.

[Mambas] Sabella vs SoulWind [Nagas] - 40:60
Giving booty a 40 feels a bit weird, as I’m actually a big fan of his play, but this is SW we’re talking about. When motivated, I think SW is close to unbeatable, & he always seems to make the right plays. He was very comfortable in SM UU and clearly in SS as well, shown by his Open run. The key to me is whether SW will be motivated enough. I don’t see why in Week 1 of a team tour he wouldn’t be, so I’m bolding him comfortably, but watch out for booty’s recent spark in building as it could catch SW off guard.

Good luck to everyone this Snake, please make it a fun one for us benchwarmers / spectators, this tier is full of innovation still & I’m hoping to see some cool things :toast:

Lily

cover me in sugar dust
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
:thundurus-therian: CBU (49) vs Ramolost (51) :serperior:
Saturday, 3PM GMT -4
Definitely somewhat of a hot take here, but I have faith in Ramo here. With this being both his and CBU's first Snake, I'd imagine both of them are incredibly pumped, and if this was down to playing ability alone I'd take CBU 10 times out of 10. That said, I've been impressed with Ramo's prep recently (minus the fact that every team he uses instaloses to Polteageist) and I can't really say the same for CBU; his team structures tend to be very same-y and they often rely on shoehorning checks to something that destroys the entire team otherwise (see 5 fighting weaks + palossand) which is just... awkward, and I think Ramo's definitely got the creativity to abuse that. Regardless, CBU can pilot CBU builds better than anyone else can, so this is pretty even, but I want Ramo to win (sry CBU) so I'm bolding him.

---

:milotic: Accelgor (45) vs Adaam (55) :zygarde:
Sunday, 3PM GMT -4
I absolutely adore both of these people, they're two of the biggest inspirations I have on this site and I aspire to ever feel like I'm as good as they are. Unfortunately for them I won't be aspiring for long bc I'm gonna have to trash both of them within the next couple months. Regardless, I favour Adaam a bit here; Accel's coming off a break and isn't the biggest fan of SS UU in general, so idk how solid his building/playing will be. I know he's as motivated as ever though, so he could definitely prove me wrong here. Adaam is naturally in great form and I can happily bold him against anyone in this pool except myself, and he's been very much in touch with the meta as a whole, so I think he's got this one. Definitely the game I'm most excited for, also Indigo Plateau now you know whether or not you can make that time!!

---

:giratina-origin: vivalospride (50) vs Poek (50) :rayquaza:
Friday, 4PM GMT -4
I'm not really sure where to go with this one. For one, I've never seen Poek actually play a game, he's been dead ever since I made my Smogon account so I don't have much to go off there. Normally that'd lead me to give viv a 70-30 matchup or something, but from what I've been told, Poek is one of the most threatening players in this pool even tho he's probably going to be like "wait what's a Centiskorch" when viv inevitably brings that or some other unviable mon and 6-0s with it. Viv's motivation should be absolutely sky-high for this one and I have total faith in his ability to win this, but since I've never actually seen Poek play, I can't comfortably bold either player.

---

:gyarados: Luigi (0) vs Lilburr (0) :arbok:
Friday, 5PM GMT -4
Have fun gb <3

---

:steelix: Sabella (45) vs SoulWind (55) :tapu fini:
No time yet, I'll edit it in when I know it.
Booty has surprised me all gen with his proficiency in UU. He's been consistently able to make builds that I'm a fan of, and he adopts antimeta picks that I think will help him a lot in this matchup, where I would normally say he's outdone. I think he'll absolutely be able to take this one if he pulls a good matchup, and between himself and eifo, I think he'll definitely be able to do that. SoulWind is hands-down the best player in this pool and I think it'd be silly to think otherwise, but I'm not too confident in his support; he's got a lot of historically great UU players on his team, but I don't think they're particularly in touch with the SS metagame. For this reason, I can see his teams having continuous flaws that Booty might be able to pick apart. It's still SW though so chances are he can probably just outplay any rough MU he runs into, so I'm giving him the edge here.

---

Not an excellent predict maker but everyone else was doing it so I figured I'd try my hand. Hope everyone has fun w/ this tour o/

Last edited:

hs

Banned deucer.
YAHALLO and welcome back to heavily-requested the UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

CBU
vs Ramolost: In this week, we have CBU. He's pretty unproven on the big stage; he did go 3-2 in World Cup, so I guess. He also managed to go 3-1 in UU World Cup and got to the semifinals of the UU Open but I wouldn't really say his games were impressive, though. As his opponent, we have the ladder fiend himself: Ramolost. This complete random has been topping the UU ladder for what feels like decades. His metagame knowledge is obviously through the roof, but it remains to be seen if he can make a splash on the big stage. He did manage to go 2-1 in UU World Cup, winning against some big names, but also he got knocked out in Round 1 of the UU Open, and lost to Indigo Plateau too, which definitely isn't a good sign LOOOOL. Honestly, that alone gives me faith that Ramolost will not do fine, especially against a player who’s way more proven in the big stage. Solid edge to CBU.

(Accelgor vs Adaam) vs The Spectators: The former Grand Slam winner has yet to really have a breakout tour on the big stage, and taking him in Round 1 over some other competent player like FLCL seems like an insane idea. He got to Round 6 of the UU Open, so I guess there's that. He's never been too impressive to me, but I think he'll definitely be able to take out Accelgor, who hasn't really impressed on the big stage, though he did manage to positive last Snake I suppose, I'm definitely not sold here, so Adaam can have a small edge. That being said, whoever gets to miss this match because of an unfortunate occasion it would be cool to be in your shoes.

vivalospride vs Poek: LOOOOL not gonna bother. Poek was definitely a good player at his peak, and he didn't quit for long enough to really be considered crust. That being said, his opponent is a pretty unaccomplished mainer, and he hasn't done anything notable and didn't have too great of a UU Open performance either. I don't really have any reason to trust him. Immeasurable edge.

Sabella vs SoulWind: SoulWind has been very impressive lately. He's finally won a trophy and has managed to get into the finals of UU Open. I’m fairly sure he’ll farm the UU competition, and nothing changes here against Sabella, a player who I’ve never seen anything special in. He’s had a great showing in the big stage, though, and even is positive on the sheet. He can definitely do well against some mainers, but I'm just not going to bold anyone against Soulwind. I just think he’s one of the 10 best players of all time, so I’m certainly giving him the edge here.

Last edited:

vivalospride

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
seeing myself in a 50/50 when the writer has never seen my opponent play a game bc she's a literal infant on this site is p funny, also hs if this is what you've devolved into I'd like 2018 hs back, this one's lame and boring

vivalospride

UUPL Champion
Idrk why I'm getting pushback for the above post surely you guys have dealt with me for long enough so I will remind you all that idc about shit like this and it's all a meme, full explanation below:

AccelToday at 8:53 AM
this is viv's way of saying fuck wanka

I don't understand this post but I still heart react it
might I add some insight for you pifman.

While the term, “fuck wanka” has more of a direct connotation to myself, I do believe it can be used to express ones love for the impurities of another and my name can be taken out for anyone else’s for that matter. In this case, Adaam came up with a really mean, yet funny post that vivalospride and Indigo Plateau enjoyed because they are all good friends. I’m sure others (including myself) did In fact enjoy it as well. In response, both came up with Their own mean, yet funny posts to more or less respond to adaam. The reason Accelgor referred to the post as a way of saying “fuck wanka” is because viv and IP could have substituted their posts for a simple, “fuck adaam” and the same meaning would hold in place. I do apologize if this did not help you in the slightest as I am just a dumb American, however, hopefully it does.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, I will be rooting for Sabella in this pool because that’s my father.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

While the term, “fuck wanka” has more of a direct connotation to myself, I do believe it can be used to express ones love for the impurities of another and my name can be taken out for anyone else’s for that matter. In this case, Adaam came up with a really mean, yet funny post that vivalospride and Indigo Plateau enjoyed because they are all good friends. I’m sure others (including myself) did In fact enjoy it as well. In response, both came up with Their own mean, yet funny posts to more or less respond to adaam. The reason Accelgor referred to the post as a way of saying “fuck wanka” is because viv and IP could have substituted their posts for a simple, “fuck adaam” and the same meaning would hold in place. I do apologize if this did not help you in the slightest as I am just a dumb American, however, hopefully it does.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, I will be rooting for Sabella in this pool because that’s my father.
Fuck wanka

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

Thank you for spending the time to write this, I'm also a dumb american but it helped :)

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
[Taipans] Adaam vs CBU [Rattlers] - 60:40
Despite an ASS Lycanroc double that cost him the game week 1, Adaam played the rest of the game pretty well overall. CBU ran into the teapot, but I still think there were a couple turns that he might’ve been able to play differently & put himself in a better position, particularly with scarf Bish. I don’t think that “fatter” BO is CBU’s strong suit, and my numbers purely reflect the fact that I believe Adam is more flexible teamwise than CBU is in SS. I think CBU needs to be a bit more comfortable overall with a variety of teams before reaching his SM levels in SS, but when he gets there, which he can definitely do with TDK/Tony support, he’ll be really scary. For now, I’ll favor Adam here, and definitely not because I’m on his team btw.

[Bushmasters] Ramolost vs Poek [Lindworms] - 45:55
Poek had a good showing week 1, beating viv in what was my favorite UU game last week. There wasn’t really much of a doubt for me that Poek could perform in this tier if he wants to, and the biggest factor (imo) will be the matchup he gets when the game begins. Ramo started his debut big with a teapot win week 1, but even as the advocator of SS cheese myself, that doesn’t fully convince me quite yet he’s capable of winning an even game vs a more experienced player. Assuming an even matchup here, I favor Poek if it was just down to playing ability, but Ramo showed that you gotta account for everything in the builder last week, and he’s easily capable of pulling off another win given a favorable preview. They never expect you to cheese twice in a row btw ;]

[Astrotias] Accelgor vs Lilburr [Cobras] - 55:45
My favorite matchup for week 2. Accelgor showed week 1 that even in an unfavorable matchup, he’s capable of pulling the trigger on high risk high reward plays whenever necessary. A win vs arguably a top 1/2 player in the pool is sure to motivate him even more, and the small break doesn’t seem to be an issue for him at all. Lily is fresh off a teapot win week 1 - it makes me so happy to see the 15 year olds in this community learning from me :’) Jokes aside, Lily is very versatile in the builder, and I definitely favor her in the builder compared to Accel, even if it’s by a small margin. I see Accel as the more consistent and better player overall, though, and he’s sure to be cautious about any nonsense Lily might pull out this week. I favor Accel slightly but wouldn’t call it an upset whatsoever if Lily ends up with a dub.

[Serpents] vivalospride vs SoulWind [Nagas] - 40:60
Both of these players are coming off of tight games week 1. Viv came up just short from his first official win in a very good game vs Poek, while SW somehow found a way to stay in his seemingly lost game vs booty. I wasn’t fully impressed by either and I think there was some room for improvement for both. I think Viv needs to work on his long-term vision in his games at times - certain turns, like not roosting with Skarm last week, can seem fine short term, but be an issue later on in the game. Once he improves this, I believe his playing will be more consistent and it will reward him. I wasn’t a fan of SW’s team last week at all, and this is my #1 reason to not bold him every week, because I think he’s hands down the best player when it comes purely to playing in this pool. I hate saying this but I do think this game will come down to who has the better matchup. SW with a good matchup is frightening to face and I don’t think Viv can overcome that just yet, but Viv is definitely more versatile rn in the builder in his home tier. Favoring SW bc he’s SW.

[Leviathans] Luigi vs Sabella [Mambas] - 45:55
Both players are coming off a loss last week, but booty’s hurts more given that he should’ve closed the game out given the position he got himself in mid-game. A win vs SW would’ve been huge too. Luigi didn’t have a huge chance given his matchup really, but ho is very consistent in SS UU, and no Ghost counterplay is a poor oversight to have this far into gen 8. I’m still not sold on Luigi’s abilities in UU even with his good Open run, and I’m going to need to see a bit more from him before I can bold him vs most of the people in this pool. I’m not entirely sure how involved he was in prep last week, but if he starts putting in more effort towards prepping, I think he can do well. Despite me not liking his build week 1, Booty’s builds have been somewhat creative recently, and he also showed he’s capable of gaining favorable positions against strong players. I want to see him start putting the seal on games once he gains an advantage because I think that’s where he’s looked his weakest this gen. If he can start to do that, he’ll start winning more. Slightly favoring booty in a game that can go either way.

solonor24

Banned deucer.
YAHALLO and welcome back to heavily-requested the UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

[Taipans] Adaam vs CBU [Rattlers] - 45:55
My god what a game this will be. Before going into any in-game analysis between these two in there first week games, I would like to start off giving a interesting statline. In UUPL, Adaam had finished 7-2, and CBU finished 9-1. You know who gave Adaam those 2 losses? It would happen to be CBU. I honestly feel last weeks performances on both sides won't really factor into that much this game; both are coming off of losses but are still favored to finish positive just due to how good and knowledgeable they are of this meta. In my mind what gives CBU the slight edge in this matchup is his historical success against Adaam in other big UU tournaments. His unique playstyle and teams seem to catch Adaam somewhat offguard and he is one of the very few players that has shown in the past he can beat Adaam fairly reliably. No disrespect bro but i gotta keep it 100 rooting for both of u

[Bushmasters] Ramolost vs Poek [Lindworms] - 55:45
Both are coming off wins last week, but neither of their games really convinced me to give one a significant edge over the other. Ramo had a pretty free matchup if im totally honest, and Poek won moreso off of viv getting passive late game rather than making great plays. Ramo will for sure have the edge in the builder, not only does he have himself who can build great teams but also has the help of Christo and Pif. My rational basically comes down to this; ramo's edge in the builder will make up for playing skill gap between him and poek. I forsee the bushmasters cooking up some heat that will give ramo a good matchup and allow him to win this game.

[Astrotias] Accelgor vs Lilburr [Cobras] - 60:40
Both of these players are great but it's hard for me to bold against accel in this matchup. He had a nice showing in what was a very down to the wire game against Adaam, while Lily cruised to victory with some trusty ho techs. I just feel accelgor knows lily well enough to have a decent enough matchup that will win him this game. Playing wise I give him an edge due to experience and some good induvidual results in ss thus far. Lily can for sure win if she gets another favorable match up, but i feel thats less likely against accel.

[Serpents] vivalospride vs SoulWind [Nagas] - 35:65
This game is gonna be challenging for viv to win. SoulWind is one of those players you cannot ever make mistakes against, and after viv's week 1 game against poek im not too confident that he won't slip up at some point. I'm uncertain as to what both players will think of using; I know soulwind made finals of uu open but i didn't really watch many open games until the semi-finals so i can't really judge that much, and viv is quite a high variance guy himself. The only way I see him winning this is getting an incredible matchup where he has a lot of room to make plays. Otherwise, SoulWind will take the game.

[Leviathans] Luigi vs Sabella [Mambas] - 49:51
This game was probably the hardest to predict for me personally. Sabella fumbled the bag against SoulWind last week but came incredibly close to beating him, so that's for sure a good sign. Luigi ran into the pot with no ghost resists in what was pretty much unwinnable from the start unless he got every turn right, so I feel it would be unfair to write him off here. Both have been keeping up to date with the current meta but Sabella probably has more experience if were talking specifically UU, and I feel both are pretty equal in terms of their abilities in this tier. This could go either way really; Sabella gets a miniscule edge mainly because he can be unpredictable in what he uses a lot of the time; I've experienced it first hand in UULT. He might be able to have a nice matchup and take this one. In an even matchup, it's hard to say who would win tho. This is gonna be a good game to see fashow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)