Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I just lost my badge because of behavior reasons, but now i'm getting these stupid ads instead of the hidden forum + whenever I tab out of Smogon then a big ass KFC ad pops up. And I feel fat asf now. Is this a thing that unbadged users have to deal with? And also I can't tag as many people now? Is this a badge privilege i'm not aware of?

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 12.43.52 AM.png

Time to grind for TC ig...

Last edited:
I just lost my badge because of behavior reasons, but now i'm getting these stupid ads instead of the hidden forum + whenever I tab out of Smogon then a big ass KFC ad pops up. And I feel fat asf now. Is this a thing that unbadged users have to deal with? And also I can't tag as many people now? Is this a badge privilege i'm not aware of?

View attachment 607120

Yes

Welcome to the world of the badgeless

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana

View attachment 607120

I asked friends and in the help room, and they said as far they know having a badge don't remove ads, And after I read badges FAQ , it seems that badges don't remove ads
but badge allow to ping multiple users (idk the exact number)

btw ignore the kinak response..

Last edited:

View attachment 607120

Have you tried using an adblocker? Should solve it

Last edited:

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Where would I post threads that ask them what sets they made for this said OU Pokémon? I’d also tell them to make an at least three sentence description of each Pokémon and a title for any sets they make. I would also, at the opening message, show all the teams and their creators. If you want, I can show you what it’d look like. Plz let me do this, I really want to as it could help me and so many other people learn more about a lot of Pokémon and ladder more. Plus, that way staff would be able to see sets and maybe discuss them and add them officially

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Where would I post threads that ask them what sets they made for this said OU Pokémon? I’d also tell them to make an at least three sentence description of each Pokémon and a title for any sets they make. I would also, at the opening message, show all the teams and their creators. If you want, I can show you what it’d look like. Plz let me do this, I really want to as it could help me and so many other people learn more about a lot of Pokémon and ladder more. Plus, that way staff would be able to see sets and maybe discuss them and add them officially
If you're on about just C&C in general then most tiers won't have specific processes outlined for submitting sample sets - this will generally be down to the QC team (for some sections, like OMs, you can submit non-standard sets but they'll be scrutinized more before approving or not). OU has its own dedicated thread for sample set submissions (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-sample-set-submissions.3726015/), but you'd have to look for yourself if the Pokemon you want to submit a set for either already has one or is VR ranked (which, as far as I can tell, is the formal requirement for a submission). Analyses that go up on the Smogdex (eg. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/arceus-ground/bh/) do already have set titles and credits; Monotype analyses also include the set creators in the credits (eg. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/porygon2/monotype/).

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
If you're on about just C&C in general then most tiers won't have specific processes outlined for submitting sample sets - this will generally be down to the QC team (for some sections, like OMs, you can submit non-standard sets but they'll be scrutinized more before approving or not). OU has its own dedicated thread for sample set submissions (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-sample-set-submissions.3726015/), but you'd have to look for yourself if the Pokemon you want to submit a set for either already has one or is VR ranked (which, as far as I can tell, is the formal requirement for a submission). Analyses that go up on the Smogdex (eg. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/arceus-ground/bh/) do already have set titles and credits; Monotype analyses also include the set creators in the credits (eg. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/porygon2/monotype/).
You’ve thoroughly confused me lol. I just meant something more specific to the fans itself so that they might be able to find out sets and try them out, official or not. I would, however, add Smogon sets as well to the full list of sets

Hello everyone, does anybody know if a .xslx file of the 9G pokédex (DLC included would be great) is available and if so, where I can find it ? Of course I could do it myself, but I'm working on an OM idea and I'd like to save time as much as possible.
I noticed I didn't phrase my previous question correctly, so I'm doing it here. Is there a .xls or .xlsx file of Smogon 9G pokedex available and downloadable ? If so, where can I find it ? If not, a .json would be fine too. I apologize in advance for being insistent...

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Where would I post a Pokémon Interview thread? In Smogoff? Here’s the intro to the thread, if you need it

Hello, there! This is Nanulak, and here, we’re doing interviews! Just request an interview, and if there’s slots open, you’ll get an interview! However, for these interview, we’ll be Pokémon! Pretty much you’re a Pokémon in the Pokémon Universe that still acts like a human lol. Also, don’t be surprised if you all of a sudden get a surprise interview! There will be a “surprise interview” slot where I pick someone to interview and surprise them with it! Hope you all enjoy the interviews!

Slots-

• Slot 1-
• Slot 2-
• Slot 3-
• Slot 4-

• Surprise Slot-

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Where would I post a Pokémon Interview thread? In Smogoff? Here’s the intro to the thread, if you need it

Hello, there! This is Nanulak, and here, we’re doing interviews! Just request an interview, and if there’s slots open, you’ll get an interview! However, for these interview, we’ll be Pokémon! Pretty much you’re a Pokémon in the Pokémon Universe that still acts like a human lol. Also, don’t be surprised if you all of a sudden get a surprise interview! There will be a “surprise interview” slot where I pick someone to interview and surprise them with it! Hope you all enjoy the interviews!

Slots-

• Slot 1-
• Slot 2-
• Slot 3-
• Slot 4-

• Surprise Slot-
This isn't a question but I'll answer it anyways. Smogoff already does interviews. These are well threads in which someone is cast into a proverbial well and you shout questions down it for them to answer. Ask me Anything (AMA) and Interview threads tend be seen in poor taste in smogoff so I wouldn't recommend posting this. Instead just wait for your turn in the well.

I don’t know where to find it, so where’s the article where I can find the Usage Rates? Doesn’t it have, like, Index of Stats/?
If you scroll down on the Smogon metagames page, you should see the usage stats for each month.
https://www.smogon.com/stats/
You can also find the more individual statistics here such as each months usage and what moves each mon uses commonly. You just have to search the time period you want and then everything should be there.

does anyone know any pokemon similar to gholdengo which either got banned or at least considered for ban, not because they were overpowered, but because they enabled strategies that were considered unhealthy for the metagame?

does anyone know any pokemon similar to gholdengo which either got banned or at least considered for ban, not because they were overpowered, but because they enabled strategies that were considered unhealthy for the metagame?
The only other examples I can think of was Gen 6 Shuckle being banned from RU because it enabled sticky webs teams too reliably. Though of course, you could say weather in a lot of tiers is an example of this, though I don't have a specific example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)