Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Ok. How do I tribute? Right now I’ll go check the Dex until I get a reply, so you maybe should expect me saying nevermind

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Ok. How do I tribute? Right now I’ll go check the Dex until I get a reply, so you maybe should expect me saying nevermind
I believe they are not currently underway with a project. However, if you keep an eye on and Watch the forum, you should see when a new CAP project starts.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Ok. I kinda wish there was a place that I could just share my CAP mons (specifically the ones I have thought-out being Agileaf, Punchpla, Turmulch, and Iron Genesis) so that maybe staff will see it and think “that should be added” and it gets added haha. Is there a place where I can just post stuff (there might be a General Pokémon thread and I just glossed over it)?

Ok. I kinda wish there was a place that I could just share my CAP mons (specifically the ones I have thought-out being Agileaf, Punchpla, Turmulch, and Iron Genesis) so that maybe staff will see it and think “that should be added” and it gets added haha. Is there a place where I can just post stuff (there might be a General Pokémon thread and I just glossed over it)?
There is a thread for sharing Fakemon art here. That being said, nothing in that thread actually gets added to Showdown.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Where would I post a mistake on the Little Cup chat room on the Pokémon Showdown section’s PS! Bug Reports section? If so, what thread would I post it on?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Where would I post a mistake on the Little Cup chat room on the Pokémon Showdown section’s PS! Bug Reports section? If so, what thread would I post it on?
Private message the mistake you've identified to any of the room's staff (people with % @ or # next to their names in that chat room, click on their name to check if it says room staff or global staff and only send it to room staff).

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Where would I post this thread named “If you play Pokémon Showdown, listen!” on Bulbagarden (it is my thread)? This is what it would/does say:
Hey, I’ve made an account for Pokémon Showdown that is for everyone. This account is to share teams, look at teams, or even battle yourself! However, there are a few rules-

1. Do not delete other people’s teams
2. Do not post joke teams or teams as a joke
3. Do not post teams that have any form of inappropriate content
4. You have to put your name in your team’s name
5. Do not post teams that are not usable via the validate button. If you want to post a team that isn’t validated, pm me staff, and we’ll tell you if it’s ok
6. Do not post teams that are from Usage Rates (if it’s just up to 5 it’s fine)
7. Do not post or repost other people’s teams
8. Do not change the avatar. If you want to change it, pm staff, and we’ll tell you if it’s ok
9. Do not change the password
10. Do not change the username

If any one of these rules are broken, they will be fixed by me in some sort of way
Now for the actual account:

Name: Universal4All
Password: Everyone
Staff: PokefanKIV (account maker)

Enjoy!

Note: If you want to help out (kinda be part of staff), just pm me here, on Bulbagarden, or on Showdown

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Where would I post this thread named “If you play Pokémon Showdown, listen!” on Bulbagarden (it is my thread)? This is what it would/does say:
Hey, I’ve made an account for Pokémon Showdown that is for everyone. This account is to share teams, look at teams, or even battle yourself! However, there are a few rules-

5. Do not post teams that are not usable via the validate button. If you want to post a team that isn’t validated, pm me staff, and we’ll tell you if it’s ok
8. Do not change the avatar. If you want to change it, pm staff, and we’ll tell you if it’s ok

If any one of these rules are broken, they will be fixed by me in some sort of way

Enjoy!

Note: If you want to help out (kinda be part of staff), just pm me here, on Bulbagarden, or on Showdown
you should ask Bulbagarden about where to post things on Bulbagarden

also sharing your account might result in someone getting you locked, so we dont recommend it

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
you should ask Bulbagarden about where to post things on Bulbagarden

also sharing your account might result in someone getting you locked, so we dont recommend it
Oh, it is on Bulbagarden. I thought that it should be here. Plus, if it’s here, I can just show Showdown staff this page and they’ll know it’s me

Enjoy!

You could just post the team export? Or use the share team function? Rather than making an account, especially since teams are tied to cookies not the account without using the share team function anyway?

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
You could just post the team export? Or use the share team function? Rather than making an account, especially since teams are tied to cookies not the account without using the share team function anyway?
They’re tied to cookies? Does that mean that, say, my teams won’t appear on someone else’s? Can that be bypassed by uploading it to Showdown?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Enjoy!

Teams are stored locally. That means on your own device. So a communal account will not share teams. (This is covered but still). There is no way around this.

You cannot battle yourself using the same account. You have to use an alt. 2 people can’t be logged into one account at the same time from two different perspectives. If you’re logged into the same account on two devices, showdown exactly mirrors itself across them.

Everyone can message themself on Showdown!. You do that by clicking your name and then clicking the “chat self” button.

The probability of someone finding the login information and immediately posting slurs in every chat room to get it perma locked is approximately 100%. Because people erroneously find ruining other people’s fun funny.

This idea doesn’t work just because of how showdown is programmed, and that won’t change any time soon because these are integral parts of how showdown works. Sorry.

there is one question I have got but I need to elaborate first since it is hard to put it into words:

in gen 9 there was once a survey where they asked both the qualified and the non-qualified player base how much certain pokemon deserved to be banned.

for the most pokemon, the qualified and the unqualified player base had similar opinions, the exception was for sneasler.
the qualified playerbase hated it far more than the non-qualified player base.
it got such a high ammount of votes from the qualified playerbase that it got quickbanned.

does anyone know any other similar instances of quickbans of pokemon that were hated significantly more from the qualified playerbase than the non-qualified one?

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a way to manually adjust the spacing/cropping of my profile picture? First time I've changed it since I made my account and it's completely off-center for seemingly no reason

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Two questions:
1. Can I post a new RMT yet? If a day’s passed by the time you respond to it, don’t answer it. I’m saying this bc it said that I posted my last one on January 31, 2024 and it’s January 7, 2024 (it’s 2:49 am tho)
2. You guys should let people share their Bulbagarden username (maybe Bulbapedia, idk) like how you do for Showdown. They do it for you guys and Showdown so I think you should return the favor!

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
1. Can I post a new RMT yet? If a day’s passed by the time you respond to it, don’t answer it. I’m saying this bc it said that I posted my last one on January 31, 2024 and it’s January 7, 2024 (it’s 2:49 am tho)
Every 7 days since you post an RMT you can make one.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
January 31. Like, exactly seven days ago I think, unless I’m just too tired to count properly (I did stay up all night)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)