Smogon Regional Tournament 2.0 [Round 4 - Sinnoh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay this should be on track now that I will have this updated on my phone and attempt to make sure that it isn't scheduled around a Midnight / Early Day shift like the last deadline was. @_@;

(real sorry btw Earthworm I didn't mean it)

Okay so, Sinnoh. You know... I don't know how to really explain this region. It's awkward. Pokemon of Time and Space rule the region of Sinnoh. Wanted by a hungry Team of thugs with a ring leader that has a sick and twisted mind that is comparable to Lady Gaga's. They decided to go way overboard with legendaries in this generation. Moonlight Pokemon, a Darkness Pokemon, a cute flower that transforms into a hax machine, a Motor Pokemon that becomes other appliances, a huge Ghostly Dragon that can fly with an orb, lava encased, and even one that is comparable to God... if he had 100 EVs in everything. 3 Pixies are destined to stop the dreaded Dialga and Palkia if their potential is reached, and a Water thing that can breed with Ditto to make an inferior version of itself. There's also the nasty Garchomp, which has its best friend Hippowdon. Thankfully Garchomp doesn't exist, but just think if it did. :naughty:

...Wait, you're saying that I"m missing a legendary Pokemon? Nah, I don't think so...

The Regional Tournament was thought by SoT and I (and RegiLeague I guess) to represent an "interesting" twist to a metagame. Have you ever wondered how dominant Gyarados would be in Kanto with Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Intimidate? Sick of seeing Blissey versus Salamence Flygon battles? What about Pokemon that don't get to shine much, like Tauros, see a speckle of light? Well, now is your chance to try this Tournament out.

I forgot to add this and this is very important. If a Pokemon evolves or has a pre-Evo in a different region, you can't use that Pokemon. For example, you can't use Electivire in the Kanto region. However, you can perfectly use Electabuzz in the region. But in return, you cannot use Electabuzz in the Sinnoh region.

How it works is simple: Your Team Building is restricted to the region. For example, the Kanto Tournament can use Pokemon such as Machamp and Gyarados, but are banned in the Johto Round. The same applies inversely for Pokemon such as Skarmory and Scizor. Perhaps pending on the popularity, we may ban / unban certain things or even merge two regions together for a twist. But until then, we will stick with one region. In other words:

Kanto Region uses Pokemon 1 - 151
Jotho Region uses Pokemon 152 - 251
Hoenn Region uses Pokemon 253 - 386
Sinnoh Region uses Pokemon 387 - 493

Rules:

- OHKO Clause
- Evasion Clause
- Freeze Clause
- Sleep Clause
- All Pokemon that are currently under "Uber" status are banned from this tournament.
- Species Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Timed Battle
- Pokemon 387-493 are allowed, excluding the ubers (you should know these guys by now)

PM ME WHEN YOU WIN / LOSS / BSH4X WITH THE LOG. PLEASE DON'T FORGET THIS!

Round is done in 10 days once again. That's September 20th (MONDAY) at 11:59:59 GMT! NO EXTENSIONS!

Finally be warned: even after the round is done, it is very possible it might be some time before I post the next round. I will post in the closing message just in case there will be a delay.

The Match-Ups:

IronBullet93 vs Bluewind
Flamewheeler vs snorlax
BlocksRcool vs Royal Flush
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado
reachzero vs LinIsKorean
Erebyssial vs Press To Play
supermarth64 vs Golden Sun

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
DON'T CAPITALIZE THE WIND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

In all seriousness, pretty EASY MATCHUP (not really). Should get it done soon.

IronBullet93 vs BlueWind
Flamewheeler vs snorlax
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado
reachzero vs LinIsKorean

IronBullet93 vs BlueWind
Flamewheeler vs snorlax
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado
reachzero vs LinIsKorean

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
IronBullet93 vs BlueWind you beat me so you better go all the way
Flamewheeler vs snorlax idk
BlocksRcool vs Royal Flush idk
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado idk
reachzero vs LinIsKorean idk

Well, I should get a team done soon and PM snorlax accordingly. I have a few tests coming up, so I may not be that active this weekend, but nonetheless this will get done!

IronBullet93 vs Bluewind~ Two top-notch UUers!
Flamewheeler vs snorlax~ No luck! =D
BlocksRcool vs Royal Flush~ Again, no clue..
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado~ Could go either way tbh.
reachzero vs LinIsKorean
Erebyssial vs Press To Play~ I don't even know. =/
supermarth64 vs Golden Sun~ I think he can do it. ;-)

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
IronBullet93 vs BlueWind - both will lose
Flamewheeler vs snorlax
Krack vs Fried Rhys
Lady Bug vs Blue Tornado
reachzero vs LinIsKorean

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
IronBullet93 vs blueWIND
Flamewheelervs snorhax
BlocksRcool vs Royal Tush ???
Krackatoa vs Fried Rhys
Lady Thug vs Blue Tornado
retching hero vs LinIsKorean
Erebyssial vs Press To "Play"
supermarth64 vs Golden One

I'll send reachzero a pm once I get my team built. I see him frequently on irc though so I doubt this will be too hard to get done.

I haven't seen reachzero much on irc like I usually have so I'm dropping him a pm.

Edit : lol as soon as I type this post up I see reachzero logon to irc. We should be battling once he makes his team.

Edit 2 : Lost to reachzero. It was already pretty bad but a Fire Blast miss sealed the deal. GG!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lost to Bluewind, some hax and weird EVs made the game a little sucky in general, gg and tfp bro. gl for the rest of the tourney.

Flamewheeler PMed me a while back saying that he wanted to wait until the last minute due to multiple tests and stuff in his life, so I agreed. PMed him last night asking him if he was ready to battle, and he has yet to respond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)