Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok congrats, this stupid "f*ck bkc" shit you put in all your posts has finally annoyed me enough to post a wall of text that'd make finchinator shudder. guess I can't help myself help when it comes to getting provoked. spl thread dirty laundry flamewars never end well for those involved but I suppose it's what I get for putting my team in a hole before the season even began, and they deserve an apology for getting screwed

the reason I wanted you on the team was because in spl 3 you were the life of the scooters and pretty much an ideal teammate, and I was super disappointed when we didn't get you the next season. I knew adv was your favorite meta, so I figured you'd be enthusiastic about the season, and we'd all have fun winning pokemon games and hanging out in the channel. I didn't exactly get the hilarious teammate I was hoping for, but that's a secondary thing, and as long as you got some Ws I'd be more than happy. I even sucked it up and did test games, which I fucking hate, with you because that's how badly I wanted us to win. it was already a bad sign when you said "how hard I go depends on how we're looking in the week" I mean seriously, I defended you here against the guys who had a bad feeling about it because I really wanted you to do well but what the fuck is this? this, alongside the attitude you gave me when I questioned the umbreons and brelooms you intended to bring, made me hope against hope that I hadn't fucked my team right from the start.

first week, you figure it'd be beneath you to let me say that I recognized fakes' team, because you are too good and honorable for such lowly tactics. cbgross needlessly getting magged early on when eq forre could've lured it (or... you could've just eqed with gross considering his switchins were cune and pert) and then his curselax ends up sweeping. second week, at the end you take the 100% loss route instead of the very possible ddtar sweep. this clearly wasn't working out. when a guy's not performing, you sit him on the bench and that hopefully motivates him to come back stronger next time. plus, most people don't like letting their team down by losing. however all you cared about playing, so you threw a tantrum and then ditched the team completely, making snide remarks about "bkc's adv prodigy" in other channels. on the other hand, roscoe has played maybe 3 games of it in his life, and he's willing to try it for the sake of the team even though he would much rather be in dpp. your behavior was grounds for a sellback and had I not gotten a deal with the tigers that's exactly what would've happened. of all the people in spl who could've been cancerous, you were possibly the last person I'd have expected it from.

regarding my non-existent managing skills: yeah, you're right. alongside this disastrous pick, not putting isa in rby from the get-go and some other stuff, I'm almost definitely not cut out for it. I really am sorry to all of this season's scooters who couldn't get a trophy because of my decisions. I hope rachee and john get as many of you as possible next year so you can get it because as much as I screamed my head off about everything imaginable this season, you guys worked really hard and are great pokemon players.

cosine: first off I'm not mad (anymore). I initially got angrier than I should've at the tagpro thing since I didn't know your side of the story (BKC raging, what else is new haha am I right), and I'm sorry for that. at least we get a bunch of tagpro-related jokes out of it that will be funny in a few months. as for other stuff: I didn't want you to be on testing your team 24/7 like a robot, I wanted you to be on more to hang out with the guys and be a part of the team. I don't think trying to counterteam your opponent each week is a good idea either, that's why I wanted you to bust out your old stuff more. I wish you could've been more active because you are obviously a hell of a player and a nice guy but real life > pokes, so please don't sweat it, and I appreciate how hard you worked with xray each week despite all you had going on. we all take pokes a bit/way too seriously sometimes, I'm very guilty of that very often, but I really hope you don't swear off team tours because of this, that'd be a damn shame and I think if you just play your game you'll do fine (like in the bw game vs phil, where you picked out the team you liked most and it ended up doing great). plus, xray is gonna need help coming back from the losses cbb starts you off with in wcop. last but not least, if you ever need proof that you don't need to ct the shit out of people to win games or really even prepare at all, look at sweepage (did you see that garb he used this week??? my god)

go wolfpack
I'm sorry but the soul of spl3 scooters was Cristal playing half his matches on McDonalds wi-fi

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Uhh so mael dced, but didn't submit his team, it was unlikely, but not impossible for me to win (I could have gotten a ton of predictions correct and / or haxed him). If given the option I'd like to take the win, given his team is out regardless of outcome, and mine is not and needs to win. If that is not the ruling then I'd like to play different teams. If a recreate is the ruling (which idk if thats even possible cause no team Oo) I will be on probably until 11 PM-ish tonight GMT -6, but will not have computer access and possibly not even data after that (leaving the country tomorrow at 8 am), until Wednesday night.

Tagging Zebraiken so he can make a prompt ruling I guess.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
<&Nails> Ciele he had a >99% win
<&Nails> fwiw
<&Nails> but it wasn't 100
<~Ciele> that's what I figured
<&Nails> because scarf medicham can get a big streak of zen headbutt crit flinches
<~Ciele> so unfortunate
<&BKC> i just looked at replay and llamas was so clearly going to lose that so lets apply some common sense
<&Nails> through intimidate drops
<&Nails> to break alomomola
<&Nails> but it's definitely less likely than a triple scald burn
<&Nails> tbqh i think it's less likely than ortheore's game
<&Nails> idk exactly how less likely
<~Ciele> triple scald crit burn was awarded
<~Ciele> maybe that means this will.
<&Nails> a zen headbutt crit flinch has a 9/800 chance of happening on any given turn
<&Nails> and i haven't calced exactly how many he needed
<&Nails> but i'd estimate it at needing maybe 5
<&McMeghan> didnt mael had scarf cham anyway
<~Ciele> if you give someone the win for a 99.9% scenario
<&McMeghan> uh
<&McMeghan> scarf gon
<~Ciele> that would make it optimal to disconnect intentionally
<&Nails> which puts him at around .01^5 odds or roughly .000000001% chances
<~Ciele> when in that scenario
<~Ciele> to remove the 0.1%
<animal_worship> fuck
<&Nails> did mael have scarf gon
<&Nails> oh
<&Nails> he did have scarf gon
<&Nails> so if theres a way to force a kill onto tangrowth
<&Nails> then it cleans
<&Nails> actually i think mael might have 100% won
<&Nails> nah nvm
<animal_worship> lol
<&Nails> it's still .00...001% chances
<&Nails> given that llamas plays perfectly

the fact that llamas cannot stop mael from getting a kill any time tangrowth comes in (he has emboar which can flare blitz and kill medicham or durant), and a scarf flygon to outrun medicham and kill with uturn + outrage/eq means that llamas only win condition is switching around perfectly with medicham and tangrowth, critting a leaf storm with his life orb tangrowth as he dies to outrage + poison damage, and then crit flinching his way through regenerator healing and mawile's intimidates to break alomomola. this game was definitely more unlikely than ortheore's "1 in a million" game earlier this spl even given that he outplays on every turn. not going to comment on who should get the win itt, just providing info.

if mael sent in his team it'd be his win for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)