CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal / Ghost makes no sense. Giratina probably is the closest pokemon to Normal/Ghost in terms of concept... but even then, what the hell is a normal/ghost?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Normal / Ghost makes no sense. Giratina probably is the closest pokemon to Normal/Ghost in terms of concept... but even then, what the hell is a normal/ghost?
The best that I could get was a not-completely-dead ghost, or a "heavy" (material?) ghost. Maybe a poltergeist, or a Banette that tried to smehow become alive again, but failed...

And fuck, now that I stop to think about, Sunflora deserves a Fire/Grass evolution. How'd that differ itself from Flarrim, I'm not 100% sure... Maybe something like the Gyarados-Milotic relation (bulky sweeper-offensive tank)?

Dunsparse looks pretty ghostly to me. Anyways, I could see Banette's evo as a fragile and fairly slow but powerful wall-breaker (with stats something like 75/130/65/125/65/70 and a much bigger movepool). Preferably with an additional type.

And fuck, now that I stop to think about, Sunflora deserves a Fire/Grass evolution. How'd that differ itself from Flarrim, I'm not 100% sure... Maybe something like the Gyarados-Milotic relation (bulky sweeper-offensive tank)?
There be no precedent for an evolution of a pokemon that evolves by stone. [Idea = Fire/Grass] would be better as Sunkern's alt-evo. Leave Sunflora in the trash where it belongs...

Here why i voted a new pokemon.They couple of types that have not been done yet guess what is going happen to new evo they are going to be squeezed into type that Nintendo would probably never make it.Buzz, magenton, magmar, weavile, dusclops, ryhdon, tangela, Piloswine, Porgon, Gligar, Nozepass, Togepi look at the pattern they all got better stats they didn't change types.The only poke that got a change was gardvoir which is a more side step .People want to force flying/fighting on Farfetched when it is more than like it would say with the same typing.As i suggested in other thread do the new evos of old pokes a little further down the road when some type combination that are not in the game are gone and people more willing keep the type it natural has and fit the profile of pokemon.

And just a taught they are only 2 competitive Fire types Heatran and Infernape.I think we should be concentrating trying to boost that types that don't have a lot of good types like fire,electric,etc before new evos.I think Fire/water,Fire/Grass or Fire/Dragon type with knowledge that you trying to make fire type that does not get abused by water and ground types that should make a good pokemon.

Luck, I agree and am seeing if people can get off the Farfetch'd/Banette hype.

Cherrim evo works pefectly as a Fire/Grass. It's probably the best idea suggested so far.

We still got a day left to go though.

How many of you want a Pure Ghost evo of Bannete?
Actually....I do. As much as I love a Ghost/Fighting evo of Bannete, I would equally love it if it get's any other combo typing that doesn't royally screw him or her over. Fuck, I just want Bannete to not be in Dusknoir's shadow.

Hyra you say you agree with Luck who said changing types of evos is not a good idea. And then you advocated Fire/Grass Cherrim.

Leave Sunflora in the trash where it belongs...
LOL.
</loves Sunflora>
Anyways, to me, Banette doesn't seem to be begging for an evolution.

He's fine where he is.

I see Farfetch'd more as a trophy than an actual fighter; however, I also hold that idea with Luvdisc.

Plus, Fighting/Flying friggen blows for a typing.

"LOL IM WEEK 2 ELECTRIC, ICE, FLYING, AND PSYCHIC."

That's just asking Starmie/Yanmega/Alakazam/Togekiss to rape you in the ass painfully.

The only good thing that comes out of it is, "o hay plz leave me alone heracross lol,"(STABed Flying attacks), and the neutrality to Stealth Rock/Stone Edge.

Oh, and I guess the x4 Bug Resistance, but still.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
Actually....I do. As much as I love a Ghost/Fighting evo of Bannete, I would equally love it if it get's any other combo typing that doesn't royally screw him or her over. Fuck, I just want Bannete to not be in Dusknoir's shadow.
My words exactly. If we ever decide to evolve Banette (I adore him and he was here first, but... look at Cherrim ;_;), I"d either accept a pure Ghost, Normal/Ghost or even Ground/Ghost (it would be a completely different pokémon, though). If we want a Ghost/Fight pokémon, we should do a ninja, not a Banette evo.

Wheee this is taking off!

How long does it last?
Hyra you say you agree with Luck who said changing types of evos is not a good idea. And then you advocated Fire/Grass Cherrim.
Usually. Cherrim is a Pokemon that lends itself to that. Fight/Flying Farfetch'd is a bit of a stretch. Ghost/Fight Banette is clearly us wanting it. I agree with what he said about no DP evos gaining new types besides Frosslass and Gallade.

I was just agreeing that more often than not, new evos do not mean new typing.

I still think that a Dunsparce evolution is best. Bannete works great with a scarf or as a TR lead. Sunflora/Cherrim are still usable in TR/Groudon respectively. Dunsparce can barely take enough hits to t-wave/bodyslam flinch. But if there is an Evo i say replace Serene Grace since it would be too brocken or like a ripoff togekiss.

Dunsparce into a Normal/Ghost pokemon. Or a Normal Dragon. With levitate. Why not a flying type? See Flygon.

Banette is not fine where it is, dammit. Banette is fucking 115 base Attk with the physical options of a Flareon and the support movepool of a Gardevoir.

115 is high. And its move pool isn't completly brocken. Have you even tried it? If you think 115 is low i don't know how 130 is enough for you. Have you even tried it?

Here why i voted a new pokemon.They couple of types that have not been done yet guess what is going happen to new evo they are going to be squeezed into type that Nintendo would probably never make it.Buzz, magenton, magmar, weavile, dusclops, ryhdon, tangela, Piloswine, Porgon, Gligar, Nozepass, Togepi look at the pattern they all got better stats they didn't change types.The only poke that got a change was gardvoir which is a more side step .People want to force flying/fighting on Farfetched when it is more than like it would say with the same typing.As i suggested in other thread do the new evos of old pokes a little further down the road when some type combination that are not in the game are gone and people more willing keep the type it natural has and fit the profile of pokemon.

And just a taught they are only 2 competitive Fire types Heatran and Infernape.I think we should be concentrating trying to boost that types that don't have a lot of good types like fire,electric,etc before new evos.I think Fire/water,Fire/Grass or Fire/Dragon type with knowledge that you trying to make fire type that does not get abused by water and ground types that should make a good pokemon.
But Nosepass did change types. Nosepass is Rock type, and Probopass is Rock/Steel.

115 is high. And its move pool isn't completly brocken. Have you even tried it? If you think 115 is low i don't know how 130 is enough for you. Have you even tried it?
That's what I meant. All that attack and it has nothing to work with. It gets Shadow Sneak/Claw, Pursuit, and Return.

My words exactly. If we ever decide to evolve Banette (I adore him and he was here first, but... look at Cherrim ;_;), I"d either accept a pure Ghost, Normal/Ghost or even Ground/Ghost (it would be a completely different pokémon, though). If we want a Ghost/Fight pokémon, we should do a ninja, not a Banette evo.
First off an Cherrim evo would probably be UU IMO and second, kinda hard for me to image a sweet and adorable flower setting itself ablaze.

funny how I had this idea of an Ground/Ghost type pokemon in my mind for a while now but scrapped it because I couldn't think of a name and how it would look flavor wise. Banette evolving into a Ghost/Ground type would be interesting to see but Pure Ghost is cool too. This thing really need more moves in it's movepool.

Banette is not fine where it is, dammit. Banette is fucking 115 base Attk with the physical options of a Flareon and the support movepool of a Gardevoir.
Maybe if it got a few more moves, then it'll be fine.

Maybe like, Brick Break, or something...

I dunno if he gets Brick Break already, but oh well.

Maybe some fighting moves (not CLOSE COMBAT LOL), and probably Aerial Ace will be fine on the little ghost toy.

Summary: he doesn't need an evolution, he needs Fighting attacks. And, maybe Aerial Ace.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
You know what I wanna see? I'd really like for us to aim to make a UU Poke this time. Maybe that's just me, but I think it breeds, well... not creativity, but freedom, as we don't have to force it to be "perfect". Say we come up with another Syclant like Pokemon. Awesome offencive typing, but it's screwed up by SR. If it's UU then we don't have to make a new ability for it, because it'll be fine the way it is. (Not saying Syclant should be UU without Mountaineer, lol...)

^on that front, have there been any actual attempts to contact nintendo about this? like a formal letter explaining what we're trying to do?
After Doug manages to mod Shoddy to a point where we can run a server with Syclant on it, and give it enough testing time to ensure we haven't made something completly broken that we don't want to see in OU (On the slim chance Nintendo actually decided to create a Syclant in a future Gen), Cooper will make a thread composed of a letter to send to Nintendo. The letter will explain the whole process, linking to every poll, and explain how much effort so many people have put into this process, to show it wasn't just whipped up over a weekend. When everybody is happy with the letter and discussion has dies down then the finished product will be sent of to Nintendo, and best case scenario it catches the eye of someone "up high".

That's what I meant. All that attack and it has nothing to work with. It gets Shadow Sneak/Claw, Pursuit, and Return.
Return
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Double Edge (from Emerald)

The shadows are great, double edge is powerful, and sucker punch for those scarf chomps, etc. Plus it can work as a destinybonding TRer and some support. (knowck off/w-o-w, etc).

Plus this is stuff for the next gen. Since it is a next gen, why not just give it more TMs or Better move pools? It doens't need an EVO it just needs nintendo to give it some more moves. WHICH DOES NOT NEED AN EVO TO DO SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)