Smocon 08 - Where?

Where should the 2008 Smocon be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be more than willing to attend and the odds are good that it could happen since I graduate this year.

However, going into college, I'm probably not going to be blowing a bunch of money on a plane ticket so it would have to close to where I live or I'd have to get a ride with someone (Fish maybe?). I voted for Chicago simply because it is the closest location to me.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'd definately show up in London if anyone wants me there. Don't think I'll be able to offer any home-sharing facilities as it's a good 300 miles away from my place. >_<

I do view London as a pretty shitty city though so I can't vote for it in good conscience.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I will most likely be priced out again (I have a really low bar here), but if it were in D.C., that's somewhere I want to go, anyway, so I could most likely drum up more support for that! Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be an option, so I vote "Other"!

I'd really love to attend, but I don't see it happening unless Detroit is chosen. Seeing that it's not among the current choices, the chances seem slim!

Then again, maybe I won't be so strapped for cash when this rolls around...

i will be honest, unless you are a well-known user among the top tier of the community, your vote is largely irrelevant, smocon is really not a place for randoms lol

also i am a pariah so i wouldn't go even if it were at my back door lol
Last time anyone was welcome in principle though!

If you're coming to London I might make a grand UK retour.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I probably live thousands of kilometres away from every place that is or will be suggested. This is one of those times where I really hate being Maltese.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
London would be awesome guys its a great city if a little expensive... I live in York at the moment which is like a 2 hour train away but hopefully this time next year I'll be living in Oxfordshire which is closer :)

Well, I am going to do New York in July anyway. That would work out just perfect.

London would be one hell of a trip, though (never been, would go).

i vote nyc so i can sneakily walk by a large group of smogoners who won't recognize me :D

ninja status.

Sorry skarm, I have to laugh at the fact that you posted a thread, and this early, after voicing many times you were not going to organize a sequel!

My thoughts on the subject pretty much echo DM. I would love to go to London since it is somewhere I have always wanted to go and soon seems like a great time to do it. If he's down, I'm down!

Short of that, I really couldn't narrow it down. I absolutely loved NYC and would like to go again, but the cost of such a venture could be a deterrent to many. If we're looking for a new destination, San Diego sounds great. It's actually nearby, and I have never been there, despite all the good things I hear about it. Chicago has perks as well with a decently central location, which works for me since my family lives nearby. If the decision is to make one huge Smogon meetup, I think Chicago is the most ideal location.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd love San Diego, but frankly I don't know if I'll actually be able to attend a Smocon 08. I have a business trip down to LA and San Diego this December, most likely, and then I'm bailing to Palm Desert and Disneyland with my girlfriend this January. Furthermore, my brother and I have always planned to hit up England once he graduates, and he's in grade 12 this year. I'm not exactly cash strapped, but there's a limit to how much I'll be spending traveling around in one year. Thankfully at least the business trip will be all expenses paid.

We'll see how it goes, anyway. Also, Fish, you know full well if I didn't organize anything nothing would get done, and worse yet, you wouldn't get any hotel discount at all. So... THERE!

My thoughts on the subject pretty much echo DM. I would love to go to London since it is somewhere I have always wanted to go and soon seems like a great time to do it. If he's down, I'm down!
And if you're down, I'm down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)