Skaulk-Caulkus (Zracknel Art) Updated 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i don't know why i've never posted in this thread before but i really like your work. we studied giger (?) in art class and your art is pretty similar in theme, i like giger a lot.

your more recent stuff seems to be moving in a different direction? not that it's a bad thing, i just wondered why.

The Chamber of Light.

The Horn-sprouter.

Cocoon.

- - - - - - - -

You must have some place where you regularly update your art, don't you? I mean, this thread can't be it (besides the fact that it isn't really a regular updating)... Or maybe you've made a dA profile by now?
As far as the internet goes, this thread and a Facebook album are it. I have the intention of creating a simple website by the end of the year to house this stuff, and, more importantly, my design work. When that goes up, I will certainly let you know.

your more recent stuff seems to be moving in a different direction? not that it's a bad thing, i just wondered why.
I spent a while trying to figure it out, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I enjoy the security of a "style" that can be done over and over, but within that style I look to avoid repetition where possible. Perhaps I'm not as angst-filled as I used to be... or perhaps more so? I don't know.

I'm throwing an update at this ancient thread. Feedback/comments of any kind are welcome and appreciated. I've listed the titles listed below the pictures. Thanks, and enjoy!

Leaves.

Attrition.

Grind the Wall.

Gull-o-tine.

Palmtree.

Palmtree is incredible. I appreciate these because I also was a surrealist. I stopped drawing these kinds of pics when I began to scare myself :p.

For some reason, I cannot view Zracknel's art with the computer I'm using. Would somebody help me with this problem. Thx!

Hi, all! After much deliberation, I've decided to update this very old thread. I figured I'd celebrate with a commemorative logo. Thanks very much!

Commute.

Deeper Thoughts.

The Night We Held Each Other.

Rhythm.

Crushed.

Flight.

Empty-headed.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hey Zracknel, i love love loooove your art a lot, its so deep that is incredible, it was good to talk with you and see that you decided to update your fantastic thread. (Im crabs)

*runs to a corner and hides* this things will give me nightmares for a long time........yet, I love em. Your style is really different to what we are used to see in smogon, creepy, incredibly detailed, a bit scary, its just magnificent, seriously dude, you could easily have these in galleries

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's really hard to believe you're back after so long; i didn't think i'd ever see this thread updated again

it's hard for me to pick favourites from this batch, but i'd say Crushed, The Night We Held Each Other, Deeper Thoughts and Commute moved me the most, possibly with The Night taking the top spot.

there's a lot here to meditate on, i'm really grateful for it.

thanks man.

You're the most shocking artist in smogon. When the others draw cool drawings of pokes, you came up with this. wow

my fav is tomorrow

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Really nice stuff, man. Reminds me of Giger and like, Bosch or someone haha. I really dig your acrylic(?) paintings the most. Ballpoint pen is a really gritty and interesting medium, but maybe you could try using a digital canvas? I think that your cathartic and meandering sense of line and form would look great through Photoshop or Illustrator, if only for some color, though I totally understand the need for tangible media like paint, especially for someone who creates images with such rawness. Keep doing awesome, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)