SM OU skappo by lul phag

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

thanks Lavenderkarp and MONNA LUSA for this banner kuk

Introduction

Hi guys it's Empo here and I'm gonna show you a team I built recently that I like a lot. This is my 1000th post as you probably noticed, and I wanted to make something fun around a gimmick set that my friend Leftiez introduced me in oras, Substitute Power Up Punch Mega Metagross. It works quite well, and I wanted this to build around this "weird" set; I ended up building something initially for fun, then I started using it in some tournaments. Sadly, that set ended up being outclassed by the "standard" one, so I sticked with that set. So, without any further ado, let’s go into the team.

Teambuilding Process

I started building around this Metagross beast. I chose Mega Metagross since I find it really broken in Sun Moon since it’s one of the best megaevolutions in my opinion, great attack stat and movepool and it's also being able to check things Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini and other good shit. Anyway, I actually wanted to add something which would have learnt defog and could have supported Mega Metagross against some annoying mons, so I decided to add Mew. This pokemon is extremely good, and its my check to lots of mons such as Mega Medicham or lots of stuff like rock setters, for example Landorus-Therian. Mew is my hazard removal and, as I said, it works quite well, reaching 300+ defense which lets it tank a lot of physical attackers. Tapu Lele was added mainly to wallbreak and to complete the psychic spam core. Specs Tapu Lele is awesome; it’s capable to OHKO lots of pokemon even if damage isn’t super effective under terrain. This is capable of 2hkoing M-Scizor with Psychic for example and it gives lots of troubles in the tier. After this psychic core, I decided to add Magearna which is basically my Greninja’s check and of course dark one. Assault Vest was the way to go since I noticed I lacked of a safe switchin to common special attackers (such Greninja, as I said). It is also cool since it takes momentum thanks to volt switch while it hits hard with its two stabs, Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon. Then, my choice fell on something fast that could manage to revenge kill some dragon dancers or just fast threats that could have swept. So I decided to add Scarf Greninja, which is great in terms of revenge killing; Scarf Ninja isn't that common at all so it's really easy bluffing some other set. Finally, I decided to add some ground resist, since I lacked one; therefore I picked Landorus-Therian as last slot, with an offensive set + Swords Dance, being capable of weaken things to aid The Tapu Lele's sweep.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

This pokemon is my defogger and it’s able to 1v1 lots of mons in the metagame. First off its HP and defensive stats are very good and that’s, in my opinion, what it makes it a cool slot in this team. It can basically switchin into Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Celesteela, Helmet Landorus and offensive threats too, as I said before, such as Medicham, Offensive Landorus, Metagross (unless Meteor Mash raises attack), Mega Mawile, and so on. I needed Ice Beam to cover the Zygarde problem, since Coil + Toxic Zygarde could have actually gave lots of problems. Moveset is self-explanatory, that’s what pretty much everyone uses.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Mega Metagross is one of the best Megaevolutions in sun and moon ou, in my opinion. I decided to pick it due to its good typing + high attack stat which gives it lots of offensive pressure and paired with a very good coverage wrecks havoc into the opponent’s team. Set is really standard with Hammer Arm to hit Ferrothorn basically, Zen Headbutt, which is really worthy here thanks to Tapu Lele’s terrain, Thunder Punch in order to hit Celesteela and give troubles to Skarmory as well and finally Meteor Mash which is the best stab you can run with this beast.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Modest Lele’s Psychic is one of the highest damages in the current metagame, being capable to 2HKO its resistors such as Mega Scizor. Psychic Terrain helps Tapu Lele a fucking ton and it makes it a bit broken, in my opinion, powering its psychic stabs (Psychic and Psyshock). Terrain aids Mega Metagross as well because it boosts Zen Headbutt’s power. Tapu Lele checks lots of stuff like Toxapex and its role is basically to wallbreak and destroy especially balanced teams thanks to its high special attack stat (w/ Choice Specs) + terrain + psychic stab. The other moves are only for coverage, indeed Hidden Power Fire is for steel types and Moonblast is for dark ones, generally.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I picked Magearna for several reasons; it’s able to check a lot of special attackers such as Tapu Lele, Greninja, Tapu Koko, Gengar, Keldeo and stuff and it’s also able to get momentum due to Volt Switch and its low speed. This can give lots of troubles to steels thanks to Hidden Power Fire and it can be problematic to a large amount of the metagame due to its fairy and steel STAB, respectively Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon. I usually like to play aggressively with this mon, since I got a Landorus-T in the back, and most of the times I fleur cannon the garchomp while he is setting rocks or something like that. Also, this pokemon works like a sponge, it can “absorb” most of the special attacks and can Volt Switch to bring in the offensive threats.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Scarf Greninja is kinda fundamental in this team. As I said in the teambuilding process, I decided to pick it to revengekill a lot of threats I’m weak to, such as Charizard X or just some stuff like Tapu Koko. You might want to consider using Hidden Power Fire over some move to hit steel types better. You really need to play this Pokemon well, since this is my Tapu Koko's revenge killer so you gotta play carefully against it and might bluff a Life Orb one or the Choice Specs Ash one. Furthermore, Greninja is able to take momentum and, paired with Magearna, forms a cool Volturn core which might aid other mons to sweep. Hydro Pump, which can be slashed with HP Fire, is needed for Heatran and stuff. Rock Slide is for revenge killing stuff like Charizard X or Y or just to deal with other stuff (having a chance of flinching is pretty neat).

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian is the Stealth Rock setter in this team and the ground resist, as well. Its role is to weaken the opposite team and it can get its job done very well thanks to Swords Dance + Rockium Z Stone Edge, being able to kill Flying Threats such as Celesteela which I can't really hit hard. I usually play this Pokemon aggressive as I do with Magearna; furthermore after a Swords Dance it can be really annoying, being able to OHKO / 2HKO most of threats with Earthquake or Continental Crush.

Changes

A change you can make is putting Tapu Fini over Mew in order to tank Ash Greninja and Keldeo better, but probably you gotta make Defensive Landorus-Therian because Band Zygarde will hurt.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Shoutouts

I’m not gonna tag you all since it can be annoying to some people but since this a 1k rmt I’m gonna do shoutouts.

NBF: MONNA LUSA, Tricking, Marrano, Mix, looiiyut, Onoka, Big The Cat, Prague Kick, deidara95, Coffe, cybre, Atli, Bro Kappa, Alexander, The Quasar, smilzo, Curtain, fran17, Inflikted, Santu, -Snow, Barge, Lange, Haund, fatalitatis, Lavenderkarp, LUCK>SKILL, H.M.N.I.P, FURORE DEI MICETTI, Organo84, Raiza, Livio, Toxigen, NaCl and lots of people I’m sure I forgot.

oh: starry, paper dreams, Nedor, AM, ColonelM, tigers jaw, CZ, jukain, Vertex, Gary, p2, bludz, antemortem, dk, HailFall, astroboy, SteelEdges, Hootie, wishes, Reverb, Subject 18, Dread Arceus, Martin, Rekeri

Twinleaf Thunders: blunder, phil, league, Lednah, SoulWind, Celysi, Tricking, -Snow, Flo, Googly, New Breed, Level 56, John, Hantsuki, roystopror

Other people that I gotta mention are friends: august, Aurious, BKC, Cicada, col49, Crestfall, Crystal, DANN3, DennisEG, elodin, Energy, Eo Ut Mortus, Fiction, FV, Jayde, JohnYiu, Leftiez, Mael, Nayrz, PDC, Posus, prajpran, Shoka, Sacri’, ShootingStarmie, Snowy, Starmei, Tamahome, teal, Teddeh, Thorn, Tokyo Tom, VIleman (chal), Queen, xray, xtraDOLLARshine, Zebraiken, Zorodark

Shoutouts go also to my RoaPL team and UbersPL one, respectively Pyrite Town Pichus and Drizzlers.

Importable

Conclusion

This is an offensively oriented team, and as many of you already know, I really like building and using offensive teams generally. I hope you appreciated reading the RMT, and I hope you’ve liked it. I’d recommend using it because it’s fun (at least, for me) and I love spamming Specs Tapu Lele since it’s so good (especially if Metagross gets banned). In conclusion, this team is not perfect. As you can see it has some problems, as I already said multiple times, with Tapu Koko, Charizard Y or Choice Specs Keldeo for example, which all of them are the “biggest” threats. If you have suggestions feel free to give your opinion!

SKAPPO BY

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)