Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Now roaring moon is banned, what is its replacement for HO team with glimmora, gholdengo, and kingambit?
Nothing really replaces it easy, but you can say Rillaboom with Knock Off / Grassy Glide as speed check. You can just go Kingambit as a Dark Physical attacker, and then you can just go with Dragonite for the DD aspect, but nothing really replaces it heads on, Valiant provides similar speed tier.

ive been seeing a lot of talk online about baxcalibar being good with scale shot but is it really that much better than like icicle spear?

ive been seeing a lot of talk online about baxcalibar being good with scale shot but is it really that much better than like icicle spear?
Baxcaliber is Ubers, so that's kind of a moot point. But to answer your question, the speed boost from scale shot makes a sweep difficult to stop without strong priority.

I saw the new teams of the week, what does Lash Out do for Sneasler because it's a move rarely seen in Singles
Lash Out is just Sneasler's highest BP move that hits the Psychics and Ghosts that resist its STABs. The special effect is more of a bonus rather than the primary reason to use the move, it can come up occasionally like it could allow Sneasler to OHKO a scarf Gholdengo after it uses Make it Rain and stuff like that.

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
Despite the Slows using Future Sight on their sets, how come Jirachi sets don't use Doom Desire?
this is because

1) Steel as an offensive typing is not that good it's only effective against Ice, Rock and Fairy, and it's weak against electric, fire, steel and water. Psychic is neutral to everything except Steel, Psychic and Dark

2) Future Sight and Doom Desire cannot co-exist at the same time

3) Future Sight has more PP

This culminates in FS being better than DD because you can put pressure easier via typing, since the only inmunity to psychic is dark, you can use this to put a mon that is strong against the dark and make pressure, or take advantage of the spedef wall

Still, I do Like DD because its a cool name, so ill probably gonna do some work with that once I finish my school things

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
A little bit late bc of the suspect test but thoughts on Tera Water Crabhammer Gliscor for other Gliscor and such?
Ice Fang over crabhammer is prefered for that because sometimes gliscor teras into dragon to take on ogerpon, ice is also a great offensive typing in this meta

Ice Fang also has a chance to freeze, which, you can't really account for when making plays, but it can lead to BULLSHIT like this replay from SCL
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-727306 (turn 15 onwards)

What are some solid answers to Iron Moth? I have to burn too many resources to take it out. Mostly looking for more defensive answers for a balance oriented team (I already know Ting Lu is one, I'm hoping to replace it outright).

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
What are some solid answers to Iron Moth? I have to burn too many resources to take it out. Mostly looking for more defensive answers for a balance oriented team (I already know Ting Lu is one, I'm hoping to replace it outright).
Glowking tera water is generally good into it unless he runs grassy terrain/tera grass energy ball
Dnite smacks it with Extreme Speed, unless tera ghost
Valiant sends him packing with Psyshock
Kingambit will force him out or kill him with Sucker Punch, unless sub
Dragapult can do the same with dragon darts + infiltrator, but you need to be carefull about +1 Fiery Dance or Tera Fairy Dazzling gleam
Toxapex can stall him out unless tera blast ground, Psychic or multiple lucky boost
Heatran kills him with earth power unless tera blast ground, be carefull around the 50/50 tera game with using tera grass on heatran to take tera blast and eat a sludge wave
Specially defensive gliscor can tank a +1 sludge wave and kill him

I hope some of these help

Omg Infiltrator! I completley forgot!

Dragapult sounds like a good spot on my team, despite my saying I wanted a defensive answer. Substitute has been pissing me off too often. And Haze Pex also sounds useful. Geez I had some serious answers I never noticed! Teambuilding can be frustrating.

Gliscor has been failing on me despite doing so decent against it before...I only now realize I've swapped it for full def to spite Tusk:facepalm:

Are there any beginner tournaments or mentors? I played a bit in Gen 6 OU, but never peaked over 1300. I haven't really kept up with anything much at all, but I have built a team that on paper (to my untrained eye anyway) seems fine, but I am not sure.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are there any beginner tournaments or mentors? I played a bit in Gen 6 OU, but never peaked over 1300. I haven't really kept up with anything much at all, but I have built a team that on paper (to my untrained eye anyway) seems fine, but I am not sure.
Beginner tournaments not really but there are Pokemon Showdown roomtours that you can take part of in the OU / RoA rooms

Mentors: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

Could someone link me the most recent discussion and/or vote on Tera legality for SV OU? I was able to find the first thread from near release, but I swear there was something more recent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)