Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

What is the current set for assault vest ttar?
AV Ttar has kind of died along with Naganadel, so I'd suggest using another variant of Tyranitar instead. If you do wish on using it, this is the spread I'd recomend:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Steam
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 144 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
  • Avoids the OHKO from +1 Savage Spin-Out from Volcarona.
  • Outspeeds uninvested base 70s like Mantine and Skarmory.
  • Rest of EVs are put into Attack.
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 64 SpA / 144 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
  • Avoids the OHKO from +1 Savage Spin-Out from Volcarona.
  • OHKOes Offensive Landorus-T with Ice Beam.
  • Rest of EVs are put into Attack.
Hope I helped! Overall keep in mind you're better off using Choice Band or Mega in like 99% of the time!

I know life orb is pretty sub-optimal on kartana, but would sd life orb still be viable on teams with the z slot taken? And is subSD life orb bulu better? One more question, is SD Bulu even good anymore since kartana kind of overshadows it in speed and power?

Mega Venusaur is bad

Last edited:
Man, it feels weird to be back. Alright, I'ma ask three questions:

Why was Megagross banned this time, and is Greninja unbanned?

And what are major bans besidea Naganadel that I've missed since... pretty much before USUM was even announced?

Man, it feels weird to be back. Alright, I'ma ask three questions:

Why was Megagross banned this time, and is Greninja unbanned?

And what are major bans besidea Naganadel that I've missed since... pretty much before USUM was even announced?
Yes, both forms of Greninja (ash and protean) are unbaned.
The major bans in SM were Marshadow, Pheromosa, arena trap, Genesect, Baton pass, and as you said M-Metagross.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Megagross was banned this time around for the immediate speed boost upon mega evolving, Meteor Mash hax, being rlly the only mega you'd use outside of Mega Scizor, which countered it (unless you ran HP fire). Generally centralized the tier around itself

Megagross was banned this time around for the immediate speed boost upon mega evolving, Meteor Mash hax, being rlly the only mega you'd use outside of Mega Scizor, which countered it (unless you ran HP fire). Generally centralized the tier around itself
Also its synergy with Tapus and all four terrains benefiting it in some way (Psychic blocking Sucker Punches and powering up Zen Headbutt; Electric blocking sleep and powering up Thunder Punch; Misty blocking any status; Grassy weakening incoming EQs and giving it recovery).

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I know life orb is pretty sub-optimal on kartana, but would sd life orb still be viable on teams with the z slot taken? And is subSD life orb bulu better? One more question, is SD Bulu even good anymore since kartana kind of overshadows it in speed and power?

Mega Venusaur is bad
I'm not a big fan of Life Orb Kartana because it usually takes damage when trying to set up so you end up with a limited amount of attacks which allows your opponent to switch around and force mindgames until it goes down. Instead you could try Leftovers, which is a fairly decent option on SD Defog sets because it gives it some recovery to get rid of hazards more easily. SD Bulu isnt as good anymore and youre usually better off using SD Kartana but it still has a niche as a bulkier SD breaker with a useful defensive typing to check ash gren
when is OST taking place?
Signups go up in 4 days

Is Stealth Rocks needed to be good, or can you not waste a moveslot and rise up the ladder?
Stealth Rock (or rather, hazards in general) brings so much utility and are such a determinant winning factor that is seen as mandatory in the quasi totality of serious competitive teams. You can of course rise up in the ladder without it, but I don't think you can go so high without any sort of hazard control. It's just a very big part of the competitive scene, and since it's so helpful I really don't see you shouldn't use it.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
When will come out a update for USM OU VR ?
Sometime in the next few days depending on New Year's stuff -- latest would be a few days into '18. Just not a ton of nominations and a lot of the same posts on the same Pokemon recycled, meaning that there simply is not a ton to go with for the next update.

Is Stealth Rocks needed to be good, or can you not waste a moveslot and rise up the ladder?
The above poster is right. Let me put it this way: every single good/top player will use Stealth Rocks on 99.999% of teams and there are many legitimate, justified reasons as to why this is the case. I feel like if you do not understand this to a sufficient extent, then you should probably lurk more before posting actively given that it is quite fundamental and if you do not grasp this, then you probably do not have a full understanding of numerous other things.

what is the set for the sub toxic zygarde?
lemme sauce it up.
A -> A+: Agree
While I do agree that Zygarde should rise back for A+ I don't think it should rise for a Coil or DD set, rather for a sub-toxic-tect set, ABR lined out its purpose perfectly in this post, it also got me interested to use it myself and i can honestly say that it's great, especially coupled with Pokemon like Tapu Koko because of their similar checks and Zygarde being able to permanently cripple a lot of initial switch ins to both Pokemon to weaken the team for either Pokemon to start punching holes.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 76 Def / 120 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect
- Toxic
248 HP makes Zygarde as bulky as possible and gives you 100+ Subs. 76 Defense EVs prevent Defog Scizor from breaking Zygarde's Substitute in 1 hit with U-turn. 120 Special Defense EVs allows it to avoid a 2HKO from pre-transformation Ash-Gren. 56 Speed EVs let Zygarde outspeed Adamant Bisharp. I dumped the rest EVs in Attack simply to get a bit stronger Thousand Arrows, it guarantees Zygarde to always 2HKO 80 HP Choice Band Tyranitar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)