Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the offer but I need a beedrill/weedle because its purpose is to get the twineedle to a smeargle so it has to be a low level like level 10.
In this case I can give you a free flawless Weedle Breedable.
You can use it to teach your Smeargle Twineedle and you can raise it to battle competitively with it later.

Hi there! Currently trying to get into vgc but need some help with getting a careful nature celesteela and/or naughty pheromosa.
I can't offer much but I can try to find something good in my pc.

Would anyone happen to be able to breed me a female HA Litwick? Ball and IVs don't matter, and I don't really need it to have any Egg Moves.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Would anyone happen to be able to breed me a female HA Litwick? Ball and IVs don't matter, and I don't really need it to have any Egg Moves.
If you don't mind clones I can give you a flawless female one in a Moon Ball.
It comes with a Modest nature and 4 egg moves: Acid Armor, Clear Smog, Endure and Heat Wave.

Leave me a message on my profile whenever you're available.

Last edited:
Anyone's got a guide regarding breeding changes from 6th to 7th gen? (or if you know the changes for: Ball inheritance, HA/ Regular ability, egg moves) Thankyou.

Anyone's got a guide regarding breeding changes from 6th to 7th gen? (or if you know the changes for: Ball inheritance, HA/ Regular ability, egg moves) Thankyou.
IGN has an all-around meh guide here, but it's more geared to new players. There's no succinct guide for all the changes (Nooooo Serebii why?!), but I can give a general run down.

1. Male and Genderless Pokemon now pass their ball when breeding (with Ditto). Yay!
2. Female Pokemon will have an 80% Chance (unless it only has 1 available ability) of passing their ability, regardless of she is HA or not. Males (I think) have a 60% chance.
3. When breeding Pokemon of the same species (not just the same evo line, the actual same species), the offspring's ball is a 50/50 roll between both parents.
4. The Daycare Nursery will no longer give your Pokemon exp whilst there, and removing Pokemon will always cost 500$ Ingame.

I think those are the most obv changes to Breeding, but if anyone remembers others, add them please.

IGN has an all-around meh guide here, but it's more geared to new players. There's no succinct guide for all the changes (Nooooo Serebii why?!), but I can give a general run down.

1. Male and Genderless Pokemon now pass their ball when breeding (with Ditto). Yay!
2. Female Pokemon will have an 80% Chance (unless it only has 1 available ability) of passing their ability, regardless of she is HA or not. Males (I think) have a 60% chance.
3. When breeding Pokemon of the same species (not just the same evo line, the actual same species), the offspring's ball is a 50/50 roll between both parents.
4. The Daycare Nursery will no longer give your Pokemon exp whilst there, and removing Pokemon will always cost 500$ Ingame.

I think those are the most obv changes to Breeding, but if anyone remembers others, add them please.
Kanto Forms, Alola Forms and Everstone.
I'm not entirely sure how that works, because I have never bred Alola Forms into Kanto Forms and haven't played SM since the release week, but I read that this is a thing.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Currently in the process of creating the Maison/Tree's Gorugeist2, was wondering if anyone has an Impish Female Super-Size Pumpkaboo handy (would prefer 0 Spe IVs, but I can work with anything 22 IVs or under). I would prefer to trade in Gen VI (as I have suitable Male Gourgiests there to breed it with), but Gen VII is negotiable.

PM or VM me up, or look for me in the Battle Tree Discord channel if possible.

Alola Forms and Everstone.
I'm not entirely sure how that works, because I have never bred Alola Forms into Kanto Forms and haven't played SM since the release week, but I read that this is a thing.
Oh yeah... oops... it's not like that was a core selling point of Sun and Moon.. or anything... :P

5. When breeding with Pokemon with a regional variant, the offspring will always be in its Alolan Form. However, if the parents are bred while holding an everstone (at least 1 is), the Pokemon will revert to its base form and subsequent offspring will not be Alolan. Note however, some Regional Variants will always happen, these being Raichu, Marowak, and Exeggutor (as their first evolution does not have an Alolan Form, thus they will always evolve into Alolan Variants).

So it's completely illegal to have an Alolan-born non-alolan Form of Raichu, Marowak and Exeggutor?

If I wanted to pass a nature holding and everstone but keeping the a-form, would I need to breed with a ditto?

So it's completely illegal to have an Alolan-born non-alolan Form of Raichu, Marowak and Exeggutor?
Yes, 100% illegal. Though with a little pruning with hedge clippers and/or saw you could get Alolan Exeggutor into its non-variant form... :P (Pls don't actually mangle your Exeggutor)

If I wanted to pass a nature holding and everstone but keeping the a-form, would I need to breed with a ditto?
Honestly, I haven't had to do any breeding with regional variants so I haven't been able to test this. However, I'm pretty sure breeding an Alolan Form holding an Everstone with a Ditto would make its offspring keep its Alolan Form? Regional variants are really just all weird with very unclear breeding mechanics.

What Pokéball fits the best Arcanine? :)

This was a tough one. I could only see one Ball for normal coloration and for Shiny coloration. The Fast Ball seems to be the only really orange ball to me. Normal Arcanine is orange, so I had to go with that.

Shiny Arcanine is yellow, which made me feel that only Quick would work. It's the only Ball that has a lot of yellow.

I guess you could also see them fitting as "Fast" and "Quick" have similar meanings. Arcanine has base 95 Speed, which is pretty fast if you ask me. That Speed made me feel that the Fast Ball and the Quick Ball just fit Arcanine even more.

Last edited:
Ahh yeah it does look nice, too bad I don't have a fast ball :/ anybody able to clone 1 for me??
I have a Beast Ball Rough skin jolly gible w/ 4 egg moves in return :)
You could catch a Growlithe in HeartGold in a Fast Ball. Then you can transfer it all the way into X, Y, OR, AS, Sun, or Moon then breed from there.

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The Fast Ball seems to be the only really orange ball to me. Normal Arcanine is orange, so I had to go with that.
I have to mention, just in case iStratos cares, that the Fast Ball is only orange in its small icon. If it was this orange in game, it would fit Arcanine really well, but the actual Fast Ball you see when sending the Pokémon into a battle is bright red with a bright yellow lightning in the center and 2 bright yellow circles on the side. I personally don't think it really fits Arcanine, but that's a personal aesthetic judgement, I'll let you have your own! :P

I have to mention, just in case iStratos cares, that the Fast Ball is only orange in its small icon. If it was this orange in game, it would fit Arcanine really well, but the actual Fast Ball you see when sending the Pokémon into a battle is bright red with a bright yellow lightning in the center and 2 bright yellow circles on the side. I personally don't think it really fits Arcanine, but that's a personal aesthetic judgement, I'll let you have your own! :P
...Whoops.

...Maybe I should've paid more attention to the Fast Ball in battle... (I haven't really used many Pokémon in a Fast Ball myself, which led me to think it was orange, which led me to suggesting it...)

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
...Whoops.

...Maybe I should've paid more attention to the Fast Ball in battle... (I haven't really used many Pokémon in a Fast Ball myself, which led me to think it was orange, which led me to suggesting it...)
Haha, yeah, it's kind of surprising when you've never seen it before. I noticed it when I caught Tapu Koko in it, when the ball was shaking I had plenty of time to look at it, and it really made me question everything I thought I knew about what Pokéballs look like! lol
The love ball and level ball are a bit surprising to see in battle too! But the rest is pretty well represented by the small icon.

Eh, it still fits Arcanine fine, considering it's one of the few Pokemon to have access to Extreme Speed, but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)