Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So quick question. From what i've been reading, if i wanted to use a jolly synchronizer to guarantee a jolly shiny beldum, i would need it to be in the battle the whole time? I've been getting confusing answers from where i've been reading. (i've never used a synchronizer before so this is all new to me.)
yes this statement is true

So quick question. From what i've been reading, if i wanted to use a jolly synchronizer to guarantee a jolly shiny beldum, i would need it to be in the battle the whole time? I've been getting confusing answers from where i've been reading. (i've never used a synchronizer before so this is all new to me.)
Yes. During SOS chaining, your Syncher has to be out during the whole time, except of course when the shiny Beldum appears. Also, sadly, Synchronize isn't 100%. It's only 50%. I've gotten plenty of shiny mons with the wrong nature. :(

Honestly, the easiest thing to do, is to use something that can take hits, like in this case, Jolly Synchronize Umbreon. Kadabra would faint so fast you'd have to keep Reviving. Imagine it fainting and shiny Beldum appears right after that...

Yes. During SOS chaining, your Syncher has to be out during the whole time, except of course when the shiny Beldum appears. Also, sadly, Synchronize isn't 100%. It's only 50%. I've gotten plenty of shiny mons with the wrong nature. :(

Honestly, the easiest thing to do, is to use something that can take hits, like in this case, Jolly Synchronize Umbreon. Kadabra would faint so fast you'd have to keep Reviving. Imagine it fainting and shiny Beldum appears right after that...
Yea, i just had a kadabra laying around and decided to use it. i had the thing faint 42 times in 30 mins of sos farming, umbreon might be a better option.

Yea, i just had a kadabra laying around and decided to use it. i had the thing faint 42 times in 30 mins of sos farming, umbreon might be a better option.
To add to that. Another option you have, which might be easier on the items (and it's slightly easier than getting an Umbreon imo), is to have a Synchronize lead with Skill Swap. Skill Swap it on Beldum, switch to Misdreavus/Mismagius and Skill Swap Synchronize back. You won't get any damage and Shadow Ball easily OHKOs the Beldums, even if it's a Jolly Misdreavus. Also, Misdreavus gets Thunder Wave via TM too, which is nice for catching.

And just to be sure, I don't know in what ball you want it, but it might be a good idea to pick up an Alolan Marowak with False Swipe too so it actually becomes possible to catch without it fainting to recoil from Take Down. You could go even further beyond and use a Harvest Exeggutor with Skill Swap, Trick/Bestow and a Leppa Berry. If you Skill Swap Harvest on Beldum and Trick a Leppa Berry, there's a really good chance it won't ever faint as long as you keep a Ghost type in.

I've managed to throw 999 Heavy Ball to Beldum this way (only to discover it's impossible to catch later. ;___; ). Do note that if you're doing both Harvest and Synchronize Skill Swap, you'd have to have two Beldums out of course. One for Harvest/Leppa combo, the one that stays alive and the other to get Synchronize on Misdreavus. Just an idea. ;)

To add to that. Another option you have, which might be easier on the items (and it's slightly easier than getting an Umbreon imo), is to have a Synchronize lead with Skill Swap. Skill Swap it on Beldum, switch to Misdreavus/Mismagius and Skill Swap Synchronize back. You won't get any damage and Shadow Ball easily OHKOs the Beldums, even if it's a Jolly Misdreavus. Also, Misdreavus gets Thunder Wave via TM too, which is nice for catching.

And just to be sure, I don't know in what ball you want it, but it might be a good idea to pick up an Alolan Marowak with False Swipe too so it actually becomes possible to catch without it fainting to recoil from Take Down. You could go even further beyond and use a Harvest Exeggutor with Skill Swap, Trick/Bestow and a Leppa Berry. If you Skill Swap Harvest on Beldum and Trick a Leppa Berry, there's a really good chance it won't ever faint as long as you keep a Ghost type in.

I've managed to throw 999 Heavy Ball to Beldum this way (only to discover it's impossible to catch later. ;___; ). Do note that if you're doing both Harvest and Synchronize Skill Swap, you'd have to have two Beldums out of course. One for Harvest/Leppa combo, the one that stays alive and the other to get Synchronize on Misdreavus. Just an idea. ;)
i love that idea, however i had bred and ev trained an umbreon in the meantime before i checked back in this thread >.<, so i'm going to try with umbreon until i get fed up and use that skill swap strategy.

Hey, I'm just wondering if a gen 6 pikachu was transferred to Pokemon Sun or Moon and then evolved into Alolan Raichu would it have the Gen 7 cross or the Gen 6 Pentagon thing?

It is just because I have this Gen 7 Pikachu in a Cherish Ball that was evolved into a Alolan Raichu

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I'm just wondering if a gen 6 pikachu was transferred to Pokemon Sun or Moon and then evolved into Alolan Raichu would it have the Gen 7 cross or the Gen 6 Pentagon thing?

It is just because I have this Gen 7 Pikachu in a Cherish Ball that was evolved into a Alolan Raichu
It would have the Blue Pentagon, because it's based of which region the Pikachu in question Originated from, what it evolved into or when it evolved has nothing to do with that.

Couple of questions:

• What are some good(-looking), breedable Careful Pokémon? I have an upcoming flawless shiny spread when breeding.
  • Is there an up-to-date list of RNG'd G7 legendaries in this forum yet? I'm about to RNG the legends in both my games, but I want to avoid RNG'ing what everyone else already has.
  • Best 4th EM for Staraptor? (Double-Edge, Mirror Move, Pursuit) + [pick one] Revenge, Detect, Foresight?

Couple of questions:

• What are some good(-looking), breedable Careful Pokémon? I have an upcoming flawless shiny spread when breeding.
  • Is there an up-to-date list of RNG'd G7 legendaries in this forum yet? I'm about to RNG the legends in both my games, but I want to avoid RNG'ing what everyone else already has.
  • Best 4th EM for Staraptor? (Double-Edge, Mirror Move, Pursuit) + [pick one] Revenge, Detect, Foresight?
For Careful mons, I recommend these- Snorlax, Aggron, Klefki

I'm looking for this breedject:

- Female Mudbray with Own Tempo, possibly with 4-5 IVs.

Nature and ball are irrelevant. 0 speed IVs are fine.

I have plenty of spitbacks with 5 IVs in the right place, and can breed some for almost anything from Gen 1-6 if needed. I also have Jolly kartana, Adamant Buzzwole, Timid Koko and Modest Xurkitree.

Couple of questions:

I'd say steel wing would be best. Either that or roost. Since neither would be used, however, I think steel wing would make some eyes pop. Kinda like mine when I found out that whiscash can learn spark 0.0

LF:
10014 Pokemon Center Birthday Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Umbreon
10015 and 10016 Pokemon Center Birthday Eevee/lutions
161118 Pokemon Center Birthday Eevee.

FT:
Anything in here: https://goo.gl/tk7seY

If anybody has those, boy would I be happy.

As for the question for the Staraptor, as far as EM is concerned I would say Revenge if you are using Reckless ability.

I'm desperately looking for a Impish Celesteela (relaxed probably works as well). I can offer a self reset 31/0/31/26-27/31/27 Modest Lunala in a moon ball, hypertrained to 31/0/31/31/31/31. BR if you want as well.

Couple of questions:

I have rng'd for a HP ice 31/0/31/30/31/30 heal ball timid tapu lele myself, but I don't know what other people have got (BTW this has already been cloned, so if someone wants one, I'm willing to trade for it)

I'm currently RNG Dream Radar Pokemon. I already have a Naiv and a Timid Thundurus-T with Hp Ice. So I was wondering if there is any set which don't use those Hidden Power or Nature.
Does someone have an idea? Smogon usage stats tell me there is an assault vest set. However, I haven't found anything related to this.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm currently RNG Dream Radar Pokemon. I already have a Naiv and a Timid Thundurus-T with Hp Ice. So I was wondering if there is any set which don't use those Hidden Power or Nature.
Does someone have an idea? Smogon usage stats tell me there is an assault vest set. However, I haven't found anything related to this.
I heard HP Flying could be useful for it, since it lacks Special Flying STAB. But I'd imagine it's gotten far less viable since gen 5, because of the nerf of max 70 Base Power to 60 base power and the introduction of Z-Moves making Z-Fly another option (not sure if it's a good option, but it's an option nonetheless) for flying STAB on the mixed one.

Still new to SOS EV training.

So far have only been training pokes the 252 / 252 / 4 spreads.

Wanna start doing more specific spreads.

So if I forgo the power items and just do SOS training with a poke with pokerus, I should be getting 4 EV's per fainted poke right?

Couple of questions:

Foresight out of these. Revenge forces Staraptor to go last and Close Combat does more without needing to be hit, Detect does nothing Protect can't, but Staraptor may appreciate making ghosts vulnerable to Normal and Fighting moves.

Truthfully, few are going to use any of these, preferring Roost or Brave Bird or one of its other options, (why still no Defog?) so really anything other than Double-Edge is a novelty at best.

So if I forgo the power items and just do SOS training with a poke with pokerus, I should be getting 4 EV's per fainted poke right?
Correct, but it's much easier to use the rank 3 Isle Evelup for specific spreads. It's 4 EV's per session, and you can decide how many sessions you'd like your Pokemon to play for. You can train up to six Pokemon at a time for a given EV per group, and up to three groups at a time. The best part is that you will be told how many EV's your Pokemon have gained during their current stay. (though it's somewhat countered by having to take all of the Pokemon out of the group once done before setting up another session)

Last edited:

Yes, that is correct, only Pokerus will get you 4 EVs per fainted pokemon

Check this

I used that before when i first started EV training in sun and moon, tbh I just use pokepelago nowdays lol

Last edited:
Looking for a non-English Ditto(with 4 perfect IVs or more if possible). I can trade a lot of stuff so we can work something out. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)