Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know whatcha mean. Its definately an off the wall team. Looks like it'll suprise someone here and there :D thats what I like to do. The more I breed uu pokes the more I find them in my ou teams lol adds more of a challenge to the battle
No offense to anyone here:
I'm so glad I found someone who thinks the same way I do. An Off the Wall Strategy is one of the toughest to Counter consistently I find. And I encounter quite a few Hazzards when I do Random Match-Up/Rated Battles myself.
Yes it's for vgc :P
As for you. I personally suggest swapping Vacum Wave for either Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse as the Special Boost a Mega Lucario gets makes them both good counters to various things. But that's just my personal preferanc after all.

Still looking for someone willing to lend me a male Pokemon from the field or human like group with the move heat wave.
Need urgently for breeding

PM ME IF YOU DO

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Best I can do!

Murkrow.
Eviolite. Impish. Prankster. 252 in HP and Defence. Roost, featherdance, foul play and quash.

Nidoking. Life orb. Modest. Sheer force. 252 in HP and Special attack. Thunderbolt, Ice beam, earth power and sludge bomb.

Mr.Mime. Sitrus berry. Calm. Filter. 252 in HP and Special defence. Icy wind, dazzling gleam, psychic and quick guard.

Staraptor. Assault vest. Adamant. Intimidate. 252 in attack and speed. Quick attack, close combat, brave bird and u-turn.

Chandelure. Choice scarf. Modest. Infiltrator. 252 in special attack and speed. Heat wave, flamethrower, energy ball and shadow ball.

Lucario. Lucarionite. Modest. Inner focus. 252 in special attack and speed. Protect, flash cannon, aura sphere and vacuum wave.
Adding to what Valzy said, I think you should drop Murkrow entirely. He has absolutely horrible 60/42/42 defences and even with full physical bulk
invested and eviolite attached, he's going to be OHKO'd by every supereffective move that comes his way. If you want a trolly prankster user that gets recovery, foul play and status, I'd probably go for sableye.

I also think something like this would be better for Staraptor
Staraptor. Choice Band. Jolly. Reckless. 252 in attack and speed. Close Combat / U-turn / Double Edge / Brave Bird

Mr Mime looks like it'd be better off running dual screens, he's fully invested in special bulk but has 3 damaging attacks?

Maybe timid would work better on mega-luke.

Just my amaturish opinions :]

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Adding to what Valzy said, I think you should drop Murkrow entirely. He has absolutely horrible 60/42/42 defences and even with full physical bulk
invested and eviolite attached, he's going to be OHKO'd by every supereffective move that comes his way. If you want a trolly prankster user that gets recovery, foul play and status, I'd probably go for sableye.

I also think something like this would be better for Staraptor
Staraptor. Choice Band. Jolly. Reckless. 252 in attack and speed. Close Combat / U-turn / Double Edge / Brave Bird

Mr Mime looks like it'd be better off running dual screens, he's fully invested in special bulk but has 3 damaging attacks?

Maybe timid would work better on mega-luke.
Actually, after doing a little research, I discovered that Murkrow is useable. I don't really play doubles that often, so I wasn't very sure

Still looking for opinions on a good core team for Scrafty.

Moxie / Lum Berry
Dragon Dance | Ice Punch | Crunch | Drain Punch

Thinking of using these 2 to complete the core still, along with a Fairy type to counter Dragons and a Dual Screens user.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Actually, after doing a little research, I discovered that Murkrow is useable. I don't really play doubles that often, so I wasn't very sure
I think sableye priority will-o-wisp is more annoying (burn all the mega-kangaskhans, ALL OF THEM!)
I always get a feeling of dread whenever I see one on a team

Safari all the way. Nest Ball is meh.

Heal Ball on the Slowbro.
screw it then i'm not breeding slowbro lol
It is not in friend safari - so no guarantee 2 ivs , then i have to catch it it a horde blablbalba .
Salamence and scyther then lol

Best I can do!

Murkrow.
Eviolite. Impish. Prankster. 252 in HP and Defence. Roost, featherdance, foul play and quash.

Nidoking. Life orb. Modest. Sheer force. 252 in HP and Special attack. Thunderbolt, Ice beam, earth power and sludge bomb.

Mr.Mime. Sitrus berry. Calm. Filter. 252 in HP and Special defence. Icy wind, dazzling gleam, psychic and quick guard.

Staraptor. Assault vest. Adamant. Intimidate. 252 in attack and speed. Quick attack, close combat, brave bird and u-turn.

Chandelure. Choice scarf. Modest. Infiltrator. 252 in special attack and speed. Heat wave, flamethrower, energy ball and shadow ball.

Lucario. Lucarionite. Modest. Inner focus. 252 in special attack and speed. Protect, flash cannon, aura sphere and vacuum wave.
If you want advice on how to improve a VGC team my suggestion is to not post it on Smogon in the first place and instead create an account on Nugget Bridge and start a "rate my team" thread there.

It's not posible to give an elaborate answer in a SQSR thread and on top of that most of the community here only has experience playing singles and doesn't understand the VGC meta or playstyle.

I really hope no one gets offended and I'm sorry if someone does, but I'm reading some pretty ridiculous suggestions.

Depends on whatcha want. If you go banded you may want some way of getting rid of entry hazards, AND a wish passer, that way you can really get the full benefits of multiscale. Personally I think DD is the better option. There's more potent revenge killers besides dnite though.
Exactly what I was thinking. Whats a good item? I mentioned Lum Berry earlier, but maybe leftovers could be viable.

There is something I want to use for a breeding project. IVs are unimportant (I can fix those), but a Timid/Modest Nature is prefered BUT once again, not neccassary.
Basically, I want this:

A female Ralts (or Evolution of Ralts) in a Love Ball. Can anyone help me with this please? I can offer one of my spare Eevees (all Male @ LuxBall 5 IVs) from my Umbreon Project as compensation.
These are the ones I have to spare:
31/31/31/x/31/31 x2
31/x/31/31/31/31 x2
x/31/31/31/31/31 x3
All have the following Egg Moves: Stored Power/Curse/Yawn/Wish. (Also a thanks to Cannibal who lent me the Eevee to breed these with last night while I was trying to get my Umbreon.)

Still looking for opinions on a good core team for Scrafty.

Moxie / Lum Berry
Dragon Dance | Ice Punch | Crunch | Drain Punch

Thinking of using these 2 to complete the core still, along with a Fairy type to counter Dragons and a Dual Screens user.
Considering you may switch Scrafty out when you predict an incoming Psychic attack, i'd prolly think Slowking is btter to take a special hit. Never had much luck with either Slowbro or King though

Anyone know when VGC starts?
Well for me: 17 Hours ago (I think). But I live near the East Coast of the US.
BTW a word of Warning:
97% Seem to be using Taloonflame with Gale Wings and Life Orbs. I actually had one Flare Blitz my Ferrothorn holding a Rocky Helmet, took Talonflame down with it. :D
Considering you may switch Scrafty out when you predict an incoming Psychic attack, i'd prolly think Slowking is btter to take a special hit. Never had much luck with either Slowbro or King though
Come to think of it: Can Scrafty even be touched by Physic Attacks. I don't think it can, since it's Dark/Fighting. Unless you're up against an Alakazam (or anything else for that matter) with Miracle Eye.

Why would I do that? Psychic attacks don't effect Scrafty. The only moves that do x2 or x4 damage are Fairy, Flying, and Fighting types. Unless you mean Fairy type moves, in which case I have Assault Vest Escavalier (x.5 from Fairy types).

Still looking for people to help me with my pokedex. The list of things that I need is somewhat long, but just send me a PM if you're willing to help ^.^

Smoochum (23 attack) SV:1081

3. Sneasel SV:1266
4. Karrablast SV: 2410

still looking for these :) , people at reddits are all inactive and such .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)