SM OU Shedinja Wish-Mence Triple Steel

I tested this team quite a bit on 1400-1500 ladder and i want some other opinions on it

Nic (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Secret Power

Dean (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Ed (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 208 HP / 96 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Vegetable (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Moy (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 112 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog
- Surf

David (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Shedinja:
I really like shedinja as a pokemon, and wanted to build a team based around it. Moveset carries will-o-wisp to spread burn, x scizor specifically for mega-alakazam switching in after a KO and greninja, shadow sneak for priority and secret power to avoid contact, and punish heatran with para on switchin, or if heatran is paired with bulu (as it often is) can sleep heatran on switch

Mawile:
Having a bulky steel fairy generally pairs well with shedinja. The team generally lacks offensive presence and it can be difficult to force KO's, which is why this was the mega chosen over something like mega scizor.

Heatran:
Heatran covers shedinja's fire weakness, and is the team stealth rocker. Magma trapper heatran was chosen to kill toxapex and chansey, as the team is quite weak to it. A fair bit of SpA EV's to add to the teams lacking offensive presence. EV'ed to have 241 speed like tapu fini and salamence to help scout speeds

Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn is designed to take on Lando T due to the weakness to it, and serves as a spiker. not much more to say, a good physical wall.

Tapu Fini:
Tapu Fini is the Ash-Greninja counter, and serves as a nice wall to heatran (which is why i run surf over NM). Misty terrain is good as it protects shedinja (eg. allows shedinja to wall rotom wash). Defog also helps shedinja. EV'ed to have 241 speed like heatran and salamence to help scout speeds

Salamence:
I needed a bulky defogger that also helped check kartana on this team. Wish-Mence was the choice i made. Having double defog is nessesary with shedinja and the use of dragon-tail and flamethrower over protect was to prevent getting setup on, and countering kartana and ferrothorn. EV'ed to have 241 speed like heatran and tapu fini to help scout speeds, and EV'ed to live two Charizard Y fire blast and two lando t HP ice

Potential changes that i could make (feel free to suggest more):
Switching out ferrothorn for a better lando t counter;
Different moveset (particularly on salamence)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)