SG Summer'15 Shiny Rayquaza Code Giveway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I'm doing a SG Summer'15 shiny Rayquaza code giveaway. I currently live in the Philippines and my local retailer's giving away one code per Roaring Skies booster pack.

In exchange, I want to know what your most influential video game is and why it has made a significant impact in your gaming experience. It has to be around two to three sentences or more. Your codes will be sent via PM.

I will be doing this until July 31st, when the codes expire.

Rules
  1. Do not spam, beg, or plead.
  2. One code per user.
  3. You must have a Japanese or American copy of XY/ORAS to redeem.
  4. A very obvious one, but don't copy another user's post, even if you're just going to add your own words in. Anyone caught will be disqualified.
  5. Anyone who already got a code from this giveaway or another source is not qualified. I want to discourage code hoarding, guys.
  6. Do not reserve codes for other users. This giveaway is a strictly first come, first serve basis.
Event Information

|

OT: SG Summer'15 | ID: 03145
Ribbon:

Level: 70
Moves:
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Twister
- Extreme Speed

Current Stock: 1 code
Questions? Comments? Concerns? I'll be happy to answer them in PM. Have fun, guys.

Please note that you cannot trade them over wifi yet.

Mods, please close when I'm out of codes or when it's July 31st. Please re-open when I've restocked and I've PM'd you guys about it.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that some users have been obtaining codes without the right system region and trading them away. Please don't, and let others get their chance.

Last edited:
Mine would have to be good old Pokemon Silver.

First of all, it was the first pokemon game I ever played. Before it was just watching pokemon on TV + watching other kids in school play Pokemon.
So being able to battle with my very own monsters for the first time just felt... special. It didn't even matter that my English wasn't that great- I was on my first pokemon journey.

Now at the time only the boys in school played video games/pokemon. Being the only girl with a GBA was tough but by the end of the year, all the boys on the school trip were gathered around me- watching me beat Red for the first time.

Loved pokemon ever since and haven't looked back! :)

Mine would have to be Super Mario RPG for the Super Nintendo. I first played it somewhere around 16-17 years ago, shortly after starting my first few games with Super Mario 64, Pokémon Red/Yellow, and Super Mario World. It was my first RPG game from Square and I was instantly hooked. While playing it, I always loved encountering the new enemies and wondering what attacks they were going to use against me and to this day when I play I'll find something new out every now and then. Ever since, I've always stuck to mostly turn-based games or games with a variety of enemies and strategies. I also try to relive my first few playthroughs by not looking up information as much as I can to keep the surprise alive, especially in those turn-based battling games (though I've found damagecalc to be a bit too useful to pass up as of late...).

Mine would have to be good old Pokemon Silver.

First of all, it was the first pokemon game I ever played. Before it was just watching pokemon on TV + watching other kids in school play Pokemon.
So being able to battle with my very own monsters for the first time just felt... special. It didn't even matter that my English wasn't that great- I was on my first pokemon journey.

Now at the time only the boys in school played video games/pokemon. Being the only girl with a GBA was tough but by the end of the year, all the boys on the school trip were gathered around me- watching me beat Red for the first time.

Loved pokemon ever since and haven't looked back! :)
Must've been... I dunno the word to use. Awkward? For you to be the only girl in school to have played video games or Pokemon, I mean.

Mine would have to be Super Mario RPG for the Super Nintendo. I first played it somewhere around 16-17 years ago, shortly after starting my first few games with Super Mario 64, Pokémon Red/Yellow, and Super Mario World. It was my first RPG game from Square and I was instantly hooked. While playing it, I always loved encountering the new enemies and wondering what attacks they were going to use against me and to this day when I play I'll find something new out every now and then. Ever since, I've always stuck to mostly turn-based games or games with a variety of enemies and strategies. I also try to relive my first few playthroughs by not looking up information as much as I can to keep the surprise alive, especially in those turn-based battling games (though I've found damagecalc to be a bit too useful to pass up as of late...).
I never played. Maybe I should give it a go one day. I love turn-based games, especially turn-based strategy.

I'll send the codes to you guys in a bit.

This is a very cool giveaway :o

My most influential game is hard to choose, even though I haven't played a lot of titles; the ones that stick in my mind have struck me in different ways. I think I'll go with Harvest Moon DS (and DS: Cute, ofc). Possibly the reason it influenced me so much is the experience I got from sharing it with others rather than the game itself, though. My best friend was the only person in our class who had a DS at the time (this was like, ~8 years ago) and she sometimes lent her DS to me. That game not only brought us closer, it introduced me to online forums - or rather, one online forum, but it did give me the experience to try other places! I played that game dozens of times over to try different bachelors and bachelorettes, and the funny little glitches in the initial release of the NA game were probably what showed me how much fun things like that can be, I still love looking up random glitches, even in games I don't play. I think the latest Harvest Moon games have kind of gone downhill - I can't say if it's nostalgia that makes me think HMDS is the best Harvest Moon game to date, but it doesn't seem to an unpopular opinion!

I got so many friends from talking about this game online, I don't think I'd know how to find great places to discuss games (like Smogon itself <3) if I hadn't been so invested in that game.

I think the most influential game in my life was probably Shadow of the Colossus. It was a point in my life where things began to take on a bit more significance. prior to this I thought that final fantasy 7 was a work of art, and it really was a great game...but when I first got my hands on SOC, and seeing the sheer grandeur of the enemies, and the simple but dynamic UI, it made me truly appreciate what kind of beauty could be woven into a video game....

Of course that on its own sounds a little trivial...it enhanced my appreciation of video games...but it also kind of opened me up to looking for more in life in general. I realized there are things that are good in life..there are things that are great...and occassionally something comes along that is transcendent.

This is a very cool giveaway :o

My most influential game is hard to choose, even though I haven't played a lot of titles; the ones that stick in my mind have struck me in different ways. I think I'll go with Harvest Moon DS (and DS: Cute, ofc). Possibly the reason it influenced me so much is the experience I got from sharing it with others rather than the game itself, though. My best friend was the only person in our class who had a DS at the time (this was like, ~8 years ago) and she sometimes lent her DS to me. That game not only brought us closer, it introduced me to online forums - or rather, one online forum, but it did give me the experience to try other places! I played that game dozens of times over to try different bachelors and bachelorettes, and the funny little glitches in the initial release of the NA game were probably what showed me how much fun things like that can be, I still love looking up random glitches, even in games I don't play. I think the latest Harvest Moon games have kind of gone downhill - I can't say if it's nostalgia that makes me think HMDS is the best Harvest Moon game to date, but it doesn't seem to an unpopular opinion!

I got so many friends from talking about this game online, I don't think I'd know how to find great places to discuss games (like Smogon itself <3) if I hadn't been so invested in that game.
Never played a Harvest Moon title. Maybe I should start with Story of Seasons?

I think the most influential game in my life was probably Shadow of the Colossus. It was a point in my life where things began to take on a bit more significance. prior to this I thought that final fantasy 7 was a work of art, and it really was a great game...but when I first got my hands on SOC, and seeing the sheer grandeur of the enemies, and the simple but dynamic UI, it made me truly appreciate what kind of beauty could be woven into a video game....

Of course that on its own sounds a little trivial...it enhanced my appreciation of video games...but it also kind of opened me up to looking for more in life in general. I realized there are things that are good in life..there are things that are great...and occassionally something comes along that is transcendent.
I bought the Ico/SotC collection a year ago and I haven't played it. After hearing about how great it is, I'm strongly considering picking it up (The Last Guardian when).

I'm gonna send you guys the codes. Won't be able to get back on for a while because work.

EDIT: One for shady6121. Ha, started with Blue.

Mine would have to be pokemon yellow. I remember when my older brother let me play it. I wanted to play it because I liked the anime so much.

Yellow was the first game I remember playing. Playing the game, I was so addicted to the battles (with the npc's, no one was still playing gen 1 at the time gen 3 was out :( ). And I felt this game was better that red/blue because you could get all 3 starters! But, I don't think I even beat the game before I lost it forever. After that though, I bought pokemon ruby, and most main series games after that. Even though I never saw it again, pokemon yellow to me is one of my favorite games, and it got me hooked to one of my favorite game series!

Edit:Thanks for the code!

Last edited:
The most influential game for me must be pokemon alpha sapphire. I'd always loved the whole concept of pokemon, but I didn't know about the games until I found a ROM on my computer with it (How? I have no idea, lol). Sapphire is the reason why I love pokemon today, and I spend a lot of my time playing, watching and thinking about pokemon (is that a good thing?). So even though it's not necessarily my favorite game (it comes very close, though), I'd definitly call it the most influential one. EDIT: oops

Mine would have to be pokemon yellow. I remember when my older brother let me play it. I wanted to play it because I liked the anime so much.

Yellow was the first game I remember playing. Playing the game, I was so addicted to the battles (with the npc's, no one was still playing gen 1 at the time gen 3 was out :( ). And I felt this game was better that red/blue because you could get all 3 starters! But, I don't think I even beat the game before I lost it forever. After that though, I bought pokemon ruby, and most main series games after that. Even though I never saw it again, pokemon yellow to me is one of my favorite games, and it got me hooked to one of my favorite game series!
I got a bootlegged Yellow. Got a legit copy weeks later. Can't really find bootlegs unless I look hard enough here anymore. I enjoyed it until I ran around with my Game Boy and I tripped. That shifted the crappy battery in the bootleg around and screwed up my save.

Your code's on the way.

The most influential game for me was the game that was released with the Nintendo Wii, Wii sports resort. Even though many of you may think that this is a very lame game, it was the first Nintendo game I ever played. Not only that, that very game was the game that pulled me into the Nintendo franchise and has me playing many different Nintendo games daily. Even though I may not play Wii sports resort anymore and even if the Wii is a thing of the past, Wii sports resort will forever be in my memory of the game that started my Nintendo gameplay.

My most influential game is definitely The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I played it back when it came out in 2006 and I was only 10. I had played other video games before, but I wasn't exactly as interested in games as I am now. Twilight Princess changed that. Everything about it captivated me– the gorgeous graphics (for the time), the world of Hyrule under Twilight, one of the best video game characters, Midna, the compelling storyline– Twilight Princess was (and still is) absolutely amazing. It's what inspired me to look for other amazing games and to become interested in the possibility of maybe one day helping to create games as well as play them.

Awesome giveaway :)))

My most influential game was Natuto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3. It all kinda dates dance to my love for the manga/anime Naruto (I watched every episode for 'Naruto' and read all of 'Naruto Shippuden'). When this game was announced there was HYPE. This is because I played other older Naruto games but they were never that satisfying or great, as they usually delivered two-dimensional battles with un-impressing ultimate finishing attacks. But then this game came out with it's beautiful cell-shading graphics, free-roaming adventure mode in the Leaf Village and outstanding battles with impressive particle effects. Really, this game is not only the game that made me a huge fan of the 'ultimate ninja storm' series, but also of other big games that had something in common such as Assassins Creed (big free-roaming story-mode). I guess the other huge impact this game had on my gaming experience was to raise my standard for great fighting games or free roaming puzzle games. Like I used to enjoy the Dragonball Budokai games, but now, the graphics + animations are less than satisfying :( either way this is the most influential game I can think of :)) thanks so much, let me know what you think of the story :P

Last edited:
This might seem a little bit odd, but the most influential video game for me was Brain Age for the DS Lite. Now when I first got the DS, back in 2005, I had no idea how to use it, and the game that came with it was Brain Age. I was incredibly shy at the time, and while I wanted to ask my parents for the fancy new pokemon games everyone was getting, I couldn't, and I just sat down and played Brain Age. I think overall, i've spent around 400 hours just sitting at the DS and doing random maths sums in my head, and in a way, it gave me a sense of awe that made me love video games as a whole. Eventually I ended up asking my parents for a pokemon game and that threw me into the franchise, but I still have the first copy of Brain Age and play it from time to time. So yeah, what do you think of my little anecdote?

Edit: Thanks a bunch for the code!

Last edited:
The game that started me down my path was Mario on the NES console. I would play that vintage side scroller for hours! One day a friend of mine came over and showed me the infinite lives glitch on level 1-4( I believe that's the one), WOW! That changed everything, I think that was the first game I ever played to the end. So many rainy/snowy days spent exploring every level on that thing.
After that game I would look for glitches/Easter eggs in everything I played and eventually led me to the internet looking for tips which led me to great sights like this.
Haven't played that game in a while but it will ALWAYS put a smile on my face when I see Mario related material.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While there are definitely a few games that I enjoy more than Pokemon, I don't think I'd be able to honestly say that there was a game more influential to me than Pokemon Y. I got into Pokemon again in 2012 with SoulSilver and then White 2, which progressively got me more and more into Pokemon, but I can't say it was until XY that Pokemon for me elevated from a game into part of my lifestyle. It became something I thought about often and sunk tons of hours into and cared about becoming better at. I'd always wanted to be competitive in some sort of game and Pokemon was a game I actually had a chance to be good at so I took full advantage of that. Y was the game that made the difference as it was pretty much revolutionary for the games, making it accessible for me to get into breeding. I've moved onto ORAS now, but it started getting serious with XY. It's part of who I am now, something I mention when I introduce myself on the first day of class or camp or something.

The game that started me down my path was Mario on the NES console. I would play that vintage side scroller for hours! One day a friend of mine came over and showed me the infinite lives glitch on level 1-4( I believe that's the one), WOW! That changed everything, I think that was the first game I ever played to the end. So many rainy/snowy days spent exploring every level on that thing.
After that game I would look for glitches/Easter eggs in everything I played and eventually led me to the internet looking for tips which led me to great sights like this.
Haven't played that game in a while but it will ALWAYS put a smile on my face when I see Mario related material.
I need to catch up on Mario stuff and maybe play some of the old games.

While there are definitely a few games that I enjoy more than Pokemon, I don't think I'd be able to honestly say that there was a game more influential to me than Pokemon Y. I got into Pokemon again in 2012 with SoulSilver and then White 2, which progressively got me more and more into Pokemon, but I can't say it was until XY that Pokemon for me elevated from a game into part of my lifestyle. It became something I thought about often and sunk tons of hours into and cared about becoming better at. I'd always wanted to be competitive in some sort of game and Pokemon was a game I actually had a chance to be good at so I took full advantage of that. Y was the game that made the difference as it was pretty much revolutionary for the games, making it accessible for me to get into breeding. I've moved onto ORAS now, but it started getting serious with XY. It's part of who I am now, something I mention when I introduce myself on the first day of class or camp or something.
Yeah, I didn't really get serious with Pokemon until Gen 6. I was semi-serious with Gen 5, but that's about it.

Your codes are on the way.

Thank you all for participating, and I'll have more codes soon!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Most important game to me was HeartGold, the first Pokemon game that I owned (not first i played). It made me a friend in HS, introduced me to RNG, and by extension Smogon. Also Pokewalker was super dope.

Most influential game is soul silver and heartgold. I never felt so attached to a pokemon in my life no joke. The game had a great fun atmosphere making me wish pokemon was a reality. The story was long and fun and I loved every minute of it:)
edit: The code is not for me buddy. I made a promise with somebody I would try to help them out.
edit edit: If you don't believe me I can have the user pm you straight away once I get a code.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The most influential game for me is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It not only served as the entry into the gaming world but as a reinforcer of the fiction genre. Ever since playing that game, I've enjoyed countless stories in various forms of media where the creator has constructed an amazing world filled with ones imagination. The Zelda series has continued for me the trend of having my own adventure based on how I want to explore.

The most influential game I've played is Pokemon Crystal. It was my very first game and it got me into RPG type games and it's where I developed a habit of wanting to collect everything possible in any game I played. I got 248/251 Pokemon....and then my file corrupted. T.T

Most important game to me was HeartGold, the first Pokemon game that I owned (not first i played). It made me a friend in HS, introduced me to RNG, and by extension Smogon. Also Pokewalker was super dope.
It was. I remember when it came out and I was still in high school. Fun times.
If I had to say there was a game that held influence, or rather significance in my life, I'd have to say Bravely Default for the 3DS is definitely one. I've heard plenty of good reviews from word of mouth, gaming sites, etc., but it wasn't the same as experiencing it for myself. From the moment I opened the game to getting as far as I could, then stopping because I played so much over several days, both demo and the full version, I still craved for more. While I've yet to beat it the first time around, I intend on finishing where I left off over the summer, if possible, and go the completionist route. The gameplay, voice-acting, designs, dialogue, it's one of the few if not the only game I've really felt invested in, emotionally, physically and mentally. Thank you Nintendo for giving me one of the best games in a VERY long time possibly ever :) You will be defeated in time, Bravely Default; I assure you of that. Oh and you can definitely expect me to get the sequel once it comes to America as well!

FC: 2895-7639-3919 - Kevin (3804)
Oh god, I loved BD. Too bad the second half of the game doesn't get exciting until the endgame.
The most influential game for me is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It not only served as the entry into the gaming world but as a reinforcer of the fiction genre. Ever since playing that game, I've enjoyed countless stories in various forms of media where the creator has constructed an amazing world filled with ones imagination. The Zelda series has continued for me the trend of having my own adventure based on how I want to explore.
I played it when it was released on the GBA. I didn't do 100% completion, but I did the Four Swords sidequests.
Most influential game is soul silver and heartgold. I never felt so attached to a pokemon in my life no joke. The game had a great fun atmosphere making me wish pokemon was a reality. The story was long and fun and I loved every minute of it:)
edit: The code is not for me buddy. I made a promise with somebody I would try to help them out.
edit edit: If you don't believe me I can have the user pm you straight away once I get a code.
I cannot give you a code. Sorry. Rules are rules.

The other three will receive their codes shortly.

It was. I remember when it came out and I was still in high school. Fun times.

Oh god, I loved BD. Too bad the second half of the game doesn't get exciting until the endgame.

I played it when it was released on the GBA. I didn't do 100% completion, but I did the Four Swords sidequests.

I cannot give you a code. Sorry. Rules are rules.

The other three will receive their codes shortly.
it's fine I'm just gonna leave this post here though for reference so these guys can get a code.
TyVip Menezjul

Thanks for helping out a lot of people though:)

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
My most influential, 'mon related game has to be Pokemon Emerald. My brother gave it to me back in 2007 and it "revived" my love towards Pokemon (which I gradually lost as I grew up) and thanks to it I started loving Pokemon-related stuff and learning/reading as much as I could from it (IVs/EVs, how to catch the legendaries, in-game lore, etc...) and, coupled with a Pokemon Diamond my parents gave me as a birthday present the same year when it came out, I became a full-fledged Pokefreak and never looked back lol. I also found my first Shiny Pokemon there (a Shiny Modest Loudred to be exact, which I MasterBall'd without thinking twice; I also found the exact same Loudred again two weeks later, which made me thought I was the luckiest guy in the world.... until I learned about Emerald's shitty RNG 5 years later); everything was super awesome (I nearly filled the Diamond's Dex by myself, I only needed like 10 'mons to complete it, and super rare event ones like Lugia/Ho-Oh at the time) until I stupidly lost my beloved games a year later... I managed to recover them like 2-3 years later though. c:

Ah, those two games bring back a lot of good memories when I was a complete noob back then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)