SM OU Self made OU team i started working on, need some tips

I started experimenting with a team revolving around Z-Gyarados + Clefable. This is my first time posting on a RMT so i figured i could try and get some tips to help me out on finishing this team. I often have 5/6 pokes ready i'd want to use in this team but i have trouble finding a 6th member that'd fit this team well, neither do i have a mega yet in the 5 I'd like to use so i have a wide variety of choices for the 6th. I got to 1600-1650 with this current team but i'd like to switch some things up.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Bounce

Starting with Gyarados as i mentioned at the start. He's meant as a mid to late game sweeper at +1 when i have weakened most things that would wall me. Since most people expect a Mega Gyarados instead of Fly-z. Things like Tapu Fini or even Ferrothorn cant take a 2+ Fly-z so getting Gyarados in in a favorable matchup letting me dragon dance and potentially get a moxie kill is my main strat of winning.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone was added later in this team after i encountered some Rockey Helmet Skarmories Which gyarados can't even do 50% to at 2+. Trapping and killing things like Skarmory and Ferrothorn helps gyarados out tremendously and is therefor my choice of support for him. 140 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed defensive heatran in case i need to volt switch or Tbolt for the kill.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Unaware Clefable with Wish and Heal Bell support is fenominal for taking on things like Mega Charizard-x, Hawlucha and other set up sweepers such as Gyarados. If gyarados happens to get paralysed or burned it can be brought back with Heal Bell + Wish

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

The Obvious SpDef wall chansey is here to set up hazards to chip down opposing walls for Gyarados and Magnezone while taking hits from things like Greninja, Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele. Capable of shutting opposing threats with Thunder wave to allow for easier kills for my offensive core.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Physically defensive zapdos is here as my main pokemon to remove hazards for my own team and to shut down pokemon with static such as Mega-Medicham, Hawlucha, Gyarados, Mega-Gallade and many more Physical attackers. Leftovers here to give it that extra bit of sustain to be able to switch in on Stealth rocks and take a hit.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

As my last pokemon i really wasn't sure to pick. I've experimented with things like Mega-Scizor, Kartana, Mega-Mawile and as you can see, now Mega-Loppuny. With magnezone being able to shut down things like Skarmory, Loppuny has an easier time breaking through the enemy team. With a great speed tier Loppuny also functions as a reliable pokemon to take care of sweepers that it outspeeds with Fake Out + return / Ice Punch / High Jump Kick. But i'm really not sure yet on whether i'd want to keep Loppuny or if other Megas are better in this composition.

Thanks for checking out this threat and i hope people will have some usefull tips to improve this team in any way. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

~MrScare

If your in the 1600+ range you're already better than me, but something i noticed.
Once your chansey is gone, there are no reliable switch ins to wallbreaker Heatran, and if the opponent is running spdef tran but with magma storm, which i liek to do, chansey is trapped, and can't hurt tran behind substitute and spdef tran carries toxic.

If your in the 1600+ range you're already better than me, but something i noticed.
Once your chansey is gone, there are no reliable switch ins to wallbreaker Heatran, and if the opponent is running spdef tran but with magma storm, which i liek to do, chansey is trapped, and can't hurt tran behind substitute and spdef tran carries toxic.
Something I've encountered while pushing yeah. I struggle in dealing with heatran but don't quite know how to improve.

For Heatran you'll just have to sac your least important mon and revenge kill with MLop.
Unless you have gyara out in the beginning.

Just a heads up in OU regular Gyarados really isn't viable as of Tapu Koko being used a lot.

If I was making this team I'd probably switch it to Mega-Gyarados or use Tapu Fini

Just a heads up in OU regular Gyarados really isn't viable as of Tapu Koko being used a lot.

If I was making this team I'd probably switch it to Mega-Gyarados or use Tapu Fini
Understandable although at +1 a moxie gyarados can outspeed a koko with surprise moxie instead of mega and has the potential to 6-0.
Scarf Koko Is the biggest problem for the team yeah tho

WTF are you talking about? Both forms of Gyarados are ranked in B tier on the OU Viability Rankings. In other words, one is just about as viable as the other.
I think he means that in the current meta with Koko seeing a surge in usage, Gyarados's 4x weakness doesn't help.
Pelipper is as viable as ever because of drizzle however.
And also, yes I agree MGyarados is often a waste of a mega, but the increase in it's already decent SpDef and loss of 4x weakness to electricity tends to help it mitigate it's vulnerability to Koko.

I think he means that in the current meta with Koko seeing a surge in usage, Gyarados's 4x weakness doesn't help.
Pelipper is as viable as ever because of drizzle however.
And also, yes I agree MGyarados is often a waste of a mega, but the increase in it's already decent SpDef and loss of 4x weakness to electricity tends to help it mitigate it's vulnerability to Koko.
I mean... it's not like M-Gyara is taking tbolts form koko anyway...

Whether or not Mega Gyarados can take a Volt Switch is irrelevant, because Koko should always be going for Tbolt. While Mega Gyarados can sometimes live Tbolt as well, +1 Earthquake doesn't OHKO, so you can't usually set up a Dragon Dance and then retaliate.

In other words, unless you're already boosted and the Koko is already weakened, you should always be switching to Chansey, so Mega Gyarados's extra bulk is irrelevant.

Whether or not Mega Gyarados can take a Volt Switch is irrelevant, because Koko should always be going for Tbolt. While Mega Gyarados can sometimes live Tbolt as well, +1 Earthquake doesn't OHKO, so you can't usually set up a Dragon Dance and then retaliate.

In other words, unless you're already boosted and the Koko is already weakened, you should always be switching to Chansey, so Mega Gyarados's extra bulk is irrelevant.
252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Koko: 282-334 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 426-502 (124.1 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Koko: 282-334 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 426-502 (124.1 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Whoops, I was using the base form. You still shouldn't be setting up on a Koko, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)