Second time through on battle spot doubles team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team will be used for battle spot doubles. I made this team because I read a thread using Raichu effectively and since I really like Raichu, then I thought I would try and make a team where Raichu is useful. I opted to go for a Support Raichu build. If I can't use Raichu, then ideally I'd like to be able to use one of the original eeveelutions. If that doesn't work, then I'd like to use another gen 1 Pokemon in it's place. I heard Raichu works best in perish songs teams, but I thought it might work in this team as well.

Mega Charizard Y (special sweeper)
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Att/252 Speed/4 HP
IVs: 6 max ivs
-Solar Beam
-Heat Wave
-Protect
-Over Heat

Charizard Y and Machamp will be my typical leads. Zard will open up with one of his stab moves or opt to use protect and then later switch out or use another move. Solar Beam is there for coverage. Heat Wave is to be used as a spread move. And Over Heat is to try and kill Talon Flame. Earthquake and Tailwind might be options over protect for more team coverage.

Clefable @ Leftovers (physically defensive)
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Speed
IVs: 5 max ivs except Att
-Moonlight
-Follow Me
-Moonblast
-Protect

This Clefable is pretty bulky and is able to deal some damage and slow the team down. Moonblast is my STAB move. Using follow me and then combo'd with moon blast I can deal alot of damage to dragons and other Pokemon of the enemy team. Protect is there to stall. Moonlight is there to increase my longetivity.

Raichu @ Focus Sash (support chu)
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4hp/252spatk/252spd
IVs: 5 max IVs (missing att)
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Encore
- Fake Out / Feint

This Raichu I heard can really be an annoyance. You switch it in on a Rotom Wash or some one else who uses a thunder move and then use encore. Protect is there to stall for Raichu and volt switch is an easy out in case raichu needs to leave. Fake Out is good to stop an enemy who would try and kill Raichu or a team mate. Feint is another suggestion and I believe it has priority.

Machamp @ Assault Vest (physical attacker lead)
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Att/172 HP/84 Speed
IVs: 5 max (HP/Att/Def/SpDef/Speed)
-Bullet Punch
-Dynamic Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

This Machamp would be my lead with Charizard Y. It's the physical hitting side to my special hitting Charizard Y. Using Bullet Punch to hurt fairys. Dynamic Punch (which always hits with no guard) to take out frail pokemon. Ice Punch to hit dragons and the ever common Salamence. Knock Off to cripple Blisseys and Chanseys.

Aegislash @ Lum Berry
(special offensive)
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Att/4 Sp.Def
IVs: 5 (HP, Att, Sp. Att, Def, Sp. Def)
-King’s Shield
-Wide Guard
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

Wide Guard gives my team some extra coverage late game. King's Shield is to deal alot of damage and works great with low speed stat. Shadow Ball hurts psychic type threats and other ghost type threats. Protect is for some extra protection for Aegislash. Lum Berry protects from any status inducing moves that would try to stop me from using wonder guard.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf (special attacker)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
IVs: 6 max ivs
-Draco Meter
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power

Hydreigon is here to protect my team against Heatran. With Earth Power, I can opt to take out Heatran or at least scare him off. Otherwise, I have Dark Pulse to hurt Aegislash and Gengar. I have Draco Meter to spam on everyone else and other dragons. I also have Fire Blast to take care of Venusaur and Ferrathorn.

An alternative Raichu build could be:
Raichu @ Focus Sash (special support)
EVs: 4hp/252spatk/252spd
Ability: Lightning rod
Thunderbolt / Volt Tackle
HP (Ice)
Fake Out
Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)