SM OU Scolipede Team

I apologize in advance if this team doesn't seem super great, this is the first time I've really made a team.

Team preview:

Scolipede - Physcial Sweeper
Keldeo - Special Sweeper
Gliscor - Physical Tank
Togekiss - Special Tank
Clefable - Hazard setter
Skarmory - Defogger

1562729003966.png
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn

I wanted a team to be based around Scolipede, I think it would be fun to run a team based on one of my all-time favourites. I know I want to get baton pass in there if possible, but I'm not sure how. The current move set I have running has been some what decent, but I can tell it needs improvement. The idea for him is to be my physical sweeper, I've seen a Scolipede sweep once he gets going but I'm struggling to get him going.

1562729058816.png
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 140 Atk / 184 SpD / 184 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang
- Facade

Gliscor is a pokemon I'm very comfortable using, and as a result I feel like I go into "eh throw him in because I know how to use him" mode. This set is one of my favourites to run, it lets him take a couple hits, and the more hits he survives the better his poison heal gets. However, after using this team some, I feel like he doesn't really fit. He can deal out damage fairly well, and take them like a champ, but he just doesn't fit in very well.

1562729064532.png
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

The idea behind Clefable for this team is to set hazards, and is usually my lead so I can get the hazards down as quickly as possible. She's able to take quite a few hits, but isn't able to do much other than take hits and set hazards. This becomes really troubling whenever it comes down to only my Clefable remains, there's not a way for me to defend myself with this set.

1562729068953.png
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter
- Taunt

Hazards? No problem, Skarmory takes care of it. I like Skarmory as my defogger, he's immune to toxic spikes Toxapex lays down and doesn't take very much damage to stealth rocks. I feel like Skarmory is one of the more stable pokemon on my team, but I also feel like he could use more improvement. The rest of my team takes a chunk of damage from stealth rocks, and I'd like to have Skarmory be able to take out the opponent's hazard setter then be able to defog the hazards away.

1562729073231.png
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo does an okay job with special sweeping, but only an okay job. There's other special sweepers out there, but none that seem to work very well with my team as it currently stands. I've chosen surf over hydro pump for more accuracy, though it sacrifices some power. Secret sword helps take care of special walls, as it bases off of defense and not special defense. HP Ghost helps take care of physic based pokemon, but this will probably get replaced as it just doesn't do enough.

1562729078830.png
Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

This is where I struggled the most, and Togekiss absolutely needs to be redone or replaced. She doesn't fit in at all, and she's not doing enough. This last slot was hard to fill, and out of the Volcarona, Celebi, and Heatran I've tried as well, Togekiss was the best out of those. The others were getting knocked out before they could do much, while Togekiss is able to take a hit or two before going down, leaving her some time to do something.

I guess this accidentally turned more into a fix my team rather than rate my team, but for my first team building this was as best as I could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)