SCL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
The third edition of the Smogon Champions League is starting soon and as usual we start by selecting the managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to signup to manage, any other kind of post will be deleted and your posting access in Tournament Policy may be revoked. Everyone (past, assistant, and new managers alike) are required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. The draft will be scheduled around the weekend of August 25th-27th, and Week 1 will begin September 3rd.

The 10 available franchises are:
  • Arena Spartans
  • Circuit Breakers
  • Indigo Platoon
  • Mt. Silver Foxes
  • Orange Islanders
  • Power Plant Dynamos
  • Showdown Shoguns
  • Studio Gible
  • Technical Machines
  • Uncharted Terrors
The tiers for this year's tournament are as follows:
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV Ubers
  • SV DOU
  • SV UU
  • SV RU
  • SV NU
  • SV PU
  • SV LC
Manager signups will close on Sunday, August 13th at 11:59 PM GMT-4. After that, the chosen managers will be announced and player signups will open shortly afterward.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be signing up as manager this year with Clementine as my partner.
My best feats as a manager were giving Team UK their best run in WCOP in the last 10 years and Winning BLT 6 and PSPL on top having experience in ROAPL.
I have also have a lot of experience being part of Team UK since 2018 and been in 2 SPLs, 1 SCL and 1 Snake.
As for my competitive play side, I reached top 2 for grand slam seeding in 2020, reached pu open finals and got top 10 on the OU ladder last month during wcop as I built several teams for Team UK.

My Partner Clementine will make a great manager, One of the most hardest-working dudes I know from making Custom Avatars for smogon team tournaments since WCOP 2022 and being a moderator for the ROA forums, SM forum and a Global Driver on Showdown.
Clem has good lower tier knowledge with him participating in multiple PLs and winning UUPL as well.

We will absolutely do our best if we get selected.
Any team will do.

Last edited:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
I will be signing up as manager this year with Clementine as my partner.
My best feats as a manager were giving Team UK their best run in WCOP in the last 10 years and Winning BLT 6 and PSPL on top having experience in ROAPL.
I have also have a lot of experience being part of Team UK since 2018 and been in 2 SPLs, 1 SCL and 1 Snake.
As for my competitive play side, I reached top 2 for grand slam seeding in 2020, reach pu open finals and got top 10 on the OU ladder last month.

My Partner Clementine will make a great manager, One of the most hardest working dudes I know from making Custom Avatars for smogon team tournaments since WCOP 2022 and being a moderator for the ROA forums, SM forum and a Global Driver on Showdown.
Clem has good lower tier knowledge with him participating in multiple PLs and winning UUPL as well.

We will absolutely do our best if we get selected.
Any team will do.
Confirming!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Over the past 6 months, Leru and I have managed over 20 tournaments together. In addition to the excellent culture we have created, Larry and I have also established a rapport that rivals some of the greatest duos of all time such as (but not limited to):

Romeo and Juliet
Mario and Luigi
Batman and Robin
The White Stripes
Outkast
Burger and Fries
Bacon and Eggs
Sponge Bob and Patrick
Tony & BKC
Bread and Butter
Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani
Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen
Milk and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Fish and Chips
David and Goliath
Ash and Pikachu
Gon and Killua

And in our very short tenure managing, we have amassed, and are honored to share just a few of our player testimonials:

Baloor
image.png

Sylvi
IMG_2438.jpg

Cubic Skunk
IMG_2676.jpg

zee
IMG_2705.jpg

TPP ft. Z Strats
image.png

Lily
image.png

keys (Appreicate you Paolo)
IMG_3395.jpg

ZardiCharVGC
IMG_3481.jpg

Laroxyl
image.png

Joya
image.png

Z Strats
IMG_3790.jpg

And with that, I would like to officially announce the declaration of Dave and Larry for the Orange Islanders in SCL III.

Last edited:

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Over the past 6 months, Leru and I have managed over 20 tournaments together. In addition to the excellent culture we have created, Larry and I have also established a rapport that rivals some of the greatest duos of all time such as (but not limited to):

Romeo and Juliet
Mario and Luigi
Batman and Robin
The White Stripes
Outkast
Burger and Fries
Bacon and Eggs
Sponge Bob and Patrick
Tony & BKC
Bread and Butter
Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani
Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen
Milk and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Fish and Chips
David and Goliath
Ash and Pikachu
Gon and Killua

And in our very short tenure managing, we have amassed, and are honored to share just a few of our player testimonials:

Baloor
View attachment 539938
Sylvi
View attachment 539940
Cubic Skunk
View attachment 539941
zee
View attachment 539942
TPP ft. Z Strats
View attachment 539943
Lily
View attachment 539944
keys (Appreicate you Paolo)
View attachment 539945
ZardiCharVGC
View attachment 539946
Laroxyl
View attachment 539947
Joya
View attachment 539948
Z Strats
View attachment 539949

And with that, I would like to officially announce the declaration of Dave and Larry for the Orange Islanders in SCL III.
ezgif-2-c969524fb9.gif

Dave and me got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)