SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Kinda nah? It would still be weaker than regular Ursaluna's Guts Facade.
Hitting Ghost types doesn't matter at all when Earth Power already OHKOes Ceruledge and Gholdengo, the latter of which sponges Blood Moon anyway. (it also OHKOes offensive Pult if you go specs)
You'd much rather have had special Guts, aka Flare Boost. So I think Boomburst would make a good copium to keep it OU in spite of this.
Idk, a bulky ground type with a ghost immunity and recovery might have a niche in the OU tier.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
ngl Bloodmoon kinda mid
Frankly, I might be smoking copium a bit too hard, but I feel like Blood Moon Luna might possibly be even better than regular Ursaluna?

Calm Mind + Recovery in Moonlight is a VERY big deal. Stat-wise BL Ursaluna is even bulkier on the physical side than regular Ursa, while it's especially weaker on the special side, I can see setup Ursa Sets investing fully in spdef work very well with CM.

I think most people don't realize just how good normal hits coverage wise, Blood Moon + Earth Power is perfect coverage on this mon, with EP hitting the few steels and rocks in the metagame. Also you have a lot item freedom with this Ursa, obviously you don't have status immunity, but you're also not on an initial timer with flame orb.

Does anyone know if Ogerpon's Embody Aspect boost is a Stat Stage boost like Intrepid Sword or a Protosynthesis-esque boost?
Stat boost post Tera

Frankly, I might be smoking copium a bit too hard, but I feel like Blood Moon Luna might possibly be even better than regular Ursaluna?

Calm Mind + Recovery in Moonlight is a VERY big deal. Stat-wise BL Ursaluna is even bulkier on the physical side than regular Ursa, while it's especially weaker on the special side, I can see setup Ursa Sets investing fully in spdef work very well with CM.

I think most people don't realize just how good normal hits coverage wise, Blood Moon + Earth Power is perfect coverage on this mon, with EP hitting the few steels and rocks in the metagame. Also you have a lot item freedom with this Ursa, obviously you don't have status immunity, but you're also not on an initial timer with flame orb.
Corviknight has never heard such bullshit

Whenever the coders get a full, accurate list of the changes, and can add them in. It could be a day or two.
Yeah, it wont be today, that is for sure.

Corviknight would like a word with you.

That said that STAB coverage easily leaves room for a "specific" Coverage move and I doubt it'll be hard to set-up enough boosts to run over Corv even resisted (also may have to play Roost Chicken to avoid SE Earth Power on a heal turn)

Do we know if Hisuian Growlithe and Arcanine have Pokedex pictures?

So the Hisuian Pokemon available are only H-Growlithe and Basculegion?

minds eye is just scrappy plus, lower special attac vs ursaLuna attack, only 60 spdef, higher attack vs Ursaluna special attack
its good, but worse than Ursaluna classic

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Corviknight would like a word with you.

That said that STAB coverage easily leaves room for a "specific" Coverage move and I doubt it'll be hard to set-up enough boosts to run over Corv even resisted (also may have to play Roost Chicken to avoid SE Earth Power on a heal turn)
inb4 Smack Down Luna is meta

Obviously it's early days, but these new legendaries feel disappointing. Why did they give Technician to Tank Bird? Is there anything it can even do with it that isn't nonsense? The other two at least got great utility options that are worth using over Toxic Chain.

Ogerpon's a cute idea but the fact it telegraphs its Tera type seems so weak. Classic move for GameFreak to introduce a mon with an entire Tera gimmick that arguably makes it the worst target for terastalization on a competitive team

Munkidori and Okidogi are chill though, they for sure seem viable

Obviously it's early days, but these new legendaries feel disappointing. Why did they give Technician to Tank Bird? Is there anything it can even do with it that isn't nonsense? The other two at least got great utility options that are worth using over Toxic Chain.

Ogerpon's a cute idea but the fact it telegraphs its Tera type seems so weak. Classic move for GameFreak to introduce a mon with an entire Tera gimmick that arguably makes it the worst target for terastalization on a competitive team

technician on tank bird is better than frisk on hyperoffensive mokne

Assuming you dont run headfirst into a Defiant Pokemon, I thought it was obvious Dipplin's main role would be in VGC, where its evasiveness lowering and speed control would be much more appreciated. Grass/Dragon has always been a hard sell in singles where you're an ice beam away from a fatal hit. I believe in Dipplin's potential, evolution copium or not.

This offends me. Empoleon is an excellent pokemon already and this is a MASSIVE buff. It turns an interesting tank into just another overtuned stall wall. There are other starters like Meganium that deserve these kind of buffs a lot more.

Also, penguins don't roost. They have rookeries and lay eggs, but they aren't roosting. Because they don't fly, lol.
Don't forget that it got Roost at the same time it lost Defog and Toxic, so...

I actually was gonna post a similar hot take.
It doesn’t have the same punch as a guts boosted Facade on paper, but you got to remember a few things.
-You’re basically required to use Flame Orb on Guts Pokemon, so you can’t run items like Life Orb or Leftovers (you technically can but it’s far worse than not running Flame Orb)
-Because you do use Flame Orb, there is at least 1 turn where you do significantly less damage than normal
-Because you’re burned, you always take chip damage which can stack over time. This stacks with Spikes, Stealth Rock, and damage you deal directly to it
Blood Moon in the otherhand can run things like Leftovers, Life Ord, Specs, Silk Scarf, weakness berries, etc.
Blood Moon always has the option to fire off Specs boosted Special Attacks.
Blood Moon not only doesn’t have to worry about constant chip, but also can heal itself with ease with Moonlight.
Also better Scrappy means Blood Moon doesn’t have to play around Ghost types with prediction.

This offends me. Empoleon is an excellent pokemon already and this is a MASSIVE buff. It turns an interesting tank into just another overtuned stall wall. There are other starters like Meganium that deserve these kind of buffs a lot more.

Also, penguins don't roost. They have rookeries and lay eggs, but they aren't roosting. Because they don't fly, lol.

This I like a lot. Shifty has been a weak pokemon that has long been unable to really fulfill its role as a hyper offensive Grass/Dark sweeper. It helps give it some interesting power while making perfect sense thematically.
It isn’t “just another stall wall” remember, recover got nerfed, and its weak to two common offensive typings. In certain scenarios, it will dominate, but that’s how Pokémon works

I don't know if Ogerpon needs to Tera to be a good pokemon. It can either go a suicide spiker lead with Cornerstone, or an offensive breaker with Heartflame. Being immune to Will-O-Wisp, and having mold breaker means it can break past Clodsire/Dozo, and once it doesnt need Mold Breaker anymore, it can Tera Fire to nuke everything in front of it.

I actually was gonna post a similar hot take.
It doesn’t have the same punch as a guts boosted Facade on paper, but you got to remember a few things.
-You’re basically required to use Flame Orb on Guts Pokemon, so you can’t run items like Life Orb or Leftovers (you technically can but it’s far worse than not running Flame Orb)
-Because you do use Flame Orb, there is at least 1 turn where you do significantly less damage than normal
-Because you’re burned, you always take chip damage which can stack over time. This stacks with Spikes, Stealth Rock, and damage you deal directly to it
Blood Moon in the otherhand can run things like Leftovers, Life Ord, Specs, Silk Scarf, weakness berries, etc.
Blood Moon always has the option to fire off Specs boosted Special Attacks.
Blood Moon not only doesn’t have to worry about constant chip, but also can heal itself with ease with Moonlight.
Also better Scrappy means Blood Moon doesn’t have to play around Ghost types with prediction.
Exactly BM Ursaluna is not forced to be on a timer to be powerful

I don't know if Ogerpon needs to Tera to be a good pokemon. It can either go a suicide spiker lead with Cornerstone, or an offensive breaker with Heartflame. Being immune to Will-O-Wisp, and having mold breaker means it can break past Clodsire/Dozo, and once it doesnt need Mold Breaker anymore, it can Tera Fire to nuke everything in front of it.
Wellspring might have a role in Ubers to wall Kyogre harder then ever seen before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)