SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi there, I have two questions !
- Do we have the boost of Supreme Overlord ?
- Do we have footage of Revival Blessing being used ?
Still searching, if anyone has this please tell me :bloblul:
On this note, I'm going to bed, see you all later!

Last edited:
Today in my daily "dumb shit no one cares about", here's all the event moves legalized* by learnsets in SV as far as I can tell:

1668487117325.png

Nothing too outstanding here really, though I will not that 2/3 Charm gainers explicitly did NOT get the move granted along with the few that got it granted in SwSh. Missed a spot!

Two event moves they had a perfect chance to legalize and didn't are two more that suck and do not matter, Disarming Voice Rotom (Gen 7 LINE promo) and False Swipe Jumpluff (Korean Global Link promo in Gen 5).

Also a note is that Charmander had an Acrobatics event from Gen 5 legalized in SwSh, but it is again only Charizard that gets it in SV. Shame!

*Note that I am aware Event mons ARE legal, it's just my choice verb because it's easier to write than "given non-event access to".

Also, Metal Claw's distribution is not as bad as you think. From a quick check, the Slakoth line, Groudon and all forms of Meowth and Persian have gotten it.

However, then there are stupid situations like this:
Charmander gets Metal Claw as a TM (also has it as an egg move :pikuh:).
Charmeleon and Charizard cannot learn it via TM.
That's what made me think it's worse than it actually is lmaoo. They could do well to expand it a LITTLE bit, Psybeam too

EDIT: LET'S FUCKING GO THIS RANDOM ILLEGAL BATTLE SIM TRAINER IS NOW LEGAL

1668487882609.png

STADIUM 1 JUGGLER: VALID!
1668487990631.png

RANDOM CHASER WITH THIEF GULPIN, LEGAL!
1668488054468.png

Last edited:
say, great work! i have a question. the doc lists the dragon trainer’s e4 rematch team. do you have the other elite four rematch teams by chance?
Thanks!!

I have been told the Elite Four don't actually have rematch teams within the League itself - I think the reason Hassel has another team in the data is because he can be fought at a higher level somewhere else!
(The label for that battle implies that his rematch is in a school context/with the "teacher" class, like many of the other members of school staff such as Ryme, Miriam and Saguaro - I'm not sure what the exact context for this is, but hopefully that's some help!)

Larry (the Flying-type member of the Elite Four) does have a postgame rematch team, as he is also the Normal-type Gym Leader and all eight Gym Leaders have rematch teams! You can find it as battle 422, closer to his Gym team.

It looks like Rika and Poppy just do not have any additional teams, though - the teams in the sheet are all that exist in the game data, so they just have the one!

I'm holding out hope that an update fixes all the moveset inconsistencies for things like stone evolutions that weren't in SWSH, like what happened with BDSP, but it's not looking great. RIP Mismagius having a level-up learnset I guess. Those kinds of inconsistencies irk me greatly and I can't fathom why they aren't already fixed except for negligence or "they forgot". If I read the pastebin correctly, it looks like Meditite and Medicham get that new Axe Kick while having different level up movesets from each other, which worries me because maybe that means they're making stuff like Breloom not learning Spore by level-up intentional again.

Just got finished with the horrible idea of binge-reading this entire thread over the past few days

Fairly certain this was only just past page 230 when I started lmao

Found it quite funny this guy mentioned Darkest Lariat as an IoA tutor move and nobody batted an eye

Anyway, actually kinda related thing I noticed:
The Charcadet line being near the end of the index order is a little odd, and at the very least what appears to be Armarouge's evolution item is as well (the Auspicious Armor, #2344), but then why would Ceruledge's (the Malicious Armor, #1861) be one of the very first?
I find it quite funny you read all 230 pages and thought I was referring to darkest lariat as an isle of armor move, goes on to show how exhausted you were when you got there, the reason nobody batted an eye is because they were actually following the conversation

I'm holding out hope that an update fixes all the moveset inconsistencies for things like stone evolutions that weren't in SWSH, like what happened with BDSP, but it's not looking great. RIP Mismagius having a level-up learnset I guess. Those kinds of inconsistencies irk me greatly and I can't fathom why they aren't already fixed except for negligence or "they forgot". If I read the pastebin correctly, it looks like Meditite and Medicham get that new Axe Kick while having different level up movesets from each other, which worries me because maybe that means they're making stuff like Breloom not learning Spore by level-up intentional again.
I really do hope they do this too... Even if they don't go the route of full standardization like SwSh did, the "you get the prevos moves at level 1" was an absolute godsend. On the other hand, I can also see why they don't want to do that, because the sheer number of good moves you suddenly have access to can be a bit much.

Personally I always thought the way to go was to not put them in the learnset, but put recursion on the relearn tutor and comb through prevos learnsets. Seems like an easier way to do it without cluttering all the tables (plus then you could have it still restrict by level at least).

Now just give it Rain Dance and Snowscape so we can have a Zard for all weathers
Rain Zard sets were good last gen!!! It's not so impossible!!!

Personally I always thought the way to go was to not put them in the learnset, but put recursion on the relearn tutor and comb through prevos learnsets. Seems like an easier way to do it without cluttering all the tables (plus then you could have it still restrict by level at least).
Looking at the movesets I was hoping this was the case so it would be justifiable to leave Mismagius Like That but I haven't seen anyone say anything along those lines so...

In fact, I haven't seen anyone comment on the weird movesets aside from the Charmander Metal Claw thing since I started following this thread closely at like page 260ish? Did people talk about this earlier than that and I just missed it?

Looking at the movesets I was hoping this was the case so it would be justifiable to leave Mismagius Like That but I haven't seen anyone say anything along those lines so...

In fact, I haven't seen anyone comment on the weird movesets aside from the Charmander Metal Claw thing since I started following this thread closely at like page 260ish? Did people talk about this earlier than that and I just missed it?
Hey you're talking to the only person who cares about minute learnset details of bad moves here lol. Most everyone else (understandably) only cares about moves that matter

No justice for Reversal Medicham it seems... I guess the Breloom-Spore thing has been a consistent annoyance for years anyway so most people probably wouldn't pay it any mind. The only reason I'm so hung up on it is because SWSH made a point to eliminate almost all of those consistencies so I just kind of expected that that would become the New Standard.

Hey you're talking to the only person who cares about minute learnset details of bad moves here lol. Most everyone else (understandably) only cares about moves that matter
I'm throwing in one more comment just to say you're mistaken. It's a pleasure to read through all these move additions, some of them many years overdue, and even more so with someone tracking GC-era inconsistencies aboard. I said I'm a move guy, and I am in this thread to see moves—not just the "good ones" but the schlocky ones too.

No justice for Reversal Medicham it seems... I guess the Breloom-Spore thing has been a consistent annoyance for years anyway so most people probably wouldn't pay it any mind. The only reason I'm so hung up on it is because SWSH made a point to eliminate almost all of those consistencies so I just kind of expected that that would become the New Standard.
Reversal is still a TM Medicham can learn, so it's not a worst-case scenario.

I find it quite funny you read all 230 pages and thought I was referring to darkest lariat as an isle of armor move, goes on to show how exhausted you were when you got there, the reason nobody batted an eye is because they were actually following the conversation
I won't lie, I may be a little stupid sometimes

My bad

Just checked the shinies page of the spreadsheet, and I called it. Shiny Scream Tail does indeed have red eyes.
The only problem is, I can't scroll back hundreds of pages to when I actually called it...

Also Tinkaton has a bronze hammer which is cool
Can we really, honestly get much higher at this point in time? We're already pretty high as it is.

View attachment 463555
EDIT: Imperial Magala THANK YOU for posting the image in this thread, I couldn't view the twitter post for some reason

It's cute. Also the shiny BETTER HAVE RED EYES DANGIT
Screenshot_20221115_140213.jpg

My guy. Search is a thing. Well least you got your red eyed pink ball

Reversal is still a TM Medicham can learn, so it's not a worst-case scenario.
Didn't even see Reversal in the list of TMs, but that's good to know. Numel and Camerupt I know have a similar thing with Flamethrower and I think Earthquake (Numel only learns them at weirdly high levels) which also doesn't matter much thankfully. It's mainly stuff like Honchkrow, Mismagius, and Breloom I am worried about because I have personally suffered trying to make sure I didn't miss an important Murkrow move before evolving. I really don't want to have to do that again.

Didn't even see Reversal in the list of TMs, but that's good to know. Numel and Camerupt I know have a similar thing with Flamethrower and I think Earthquake (Numel only learns them at weirdly high levels) which also doesn't matter much thankfully. It's mainly stuff like Honchkrow, Mismagius, and Breloom I am worried about because I have personally suffered trying to make sure I didn't miss an important Murkrow move before evolving. I really don't want to have to do that again.
If I recall correctly, BDSP had a ton of unfortunate cases like Mismagius and Breloom missing a bunch of pre-evolution moves on their relearner list in the first version of the game, but most if not all of these cases were rectified in a Day 1 update. It was notable because it was the very first time that Breloom could relearn Spore.

I find it likely that we will see another update later this week that will end up containing minor adjustments like this. However, even though BDSP did address the consistent pre-evolution level up issue, they never did address things like certain TMs being compatible with only one member of an evolutionary line, so things like Metal Claw being learned only by Charmander but not its evolutions might just stay that way.

but most if not all of these cases were rectified in a Day 1 update
So does that mean version SV 1.0.1 isn’t the Day 1 patch? I figured it might be so I was losing hope, especially with how many things 1.0.1 seemed to change from 1.0.0 like performance and graphics changes. I really hope you’re right and we get 1.0.2 this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)