SM OU Sand and Webs team

Hi! This is my first ever RMT, so if I'm missing something just let me know and I'd be happy to fix it. I wanted to make a sticky web team, but it ended up being a mix between a web and a sand team. All the sand mons are supported by the added speed control of the webs, and it works fairly well on my tier in the ladder(to be fair I'm not that good). Now then, on to the team!

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Mirror Coat

A must have for any sticky web team. Focus sash guarantees webs, and magic coat can bounce back any hazards the opponent tries to set up. Araquanid has pretty decent bulk, and I put full HP and some defense investment to help araquanid take on physical attackers better. Since it already has pretty good special defense, mirror coat is to do damage to special attackers such as zone and magearna.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Probably the best special tank in the game, this thing soaks up hits like it's nothing. Can reliably switch in to many of the threats in the metagame like ash-gren and magearna and heal off damage with soft-boiled. This is also the status healer of the team thanks to access to heal bell and natural cure. Eviolite for boosted defenses to support its already huge HP, soft-boiled for recovery, seismic toss for reliable damage to opponents, and toxic to chip away at opponents.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 134 Atk / 122 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

The main sand setter for this team, with max HP and defense, this thing is pretty tanky. I would have run tyranitar but it didn't really fit in the team and I needed a stealth rocker just in case I can't get up rocks with araquanid. Smooth rock is there to extend sandstorm, which is kind of needed since this is my only sand setter. This is also the phaser for the team, with roar to force out opposing mons and to get chip with stealth rock. Earthquake is there for stab and slack off for recovery since I'm not running leftovers.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head

The first mon that benefits from the sand. Comes in, gets a swords dance, and as long as there are webs up it just sweeps. I've had multiple games where this thing has swept entire enemy teams after webs and sand. Two of its attacks get boosted by sand force, and outrage is so stupidly powerful it doesn't even need a buff. Rough skin as a starting ability to get chip damage on a mon when you know you can safely switch in. Adamant over jolly since I have webs on the team, which only further boosts this beast.

Excadrill @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

The next member of the team that gets boosted by sandstorm. I didn't feel the need to run sand rush since I already have webs and sand force seemed like a better option. This mon hits pretty hard coupled with sand force, and since I can't run a defogger because it would remove my sticky webs, I can run rapid spin on this mon to get rid of opposing rocks/spikes/t-spikes/webs.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Finally, the most broken mon in this entire metagame. If you can get your battle bond activated, there's almost nothing that can stop it. Ignores sashes with water shuriken, pivots with u-turn, and its insane speed tier and huge special attack make it a force to be reckoned with. Choice specs to boost its already huge special attack to another level, reaching almost 675 spA. Running a more bulky spread at the expense of speed since I already have webs and this thing can barely tank resisted hits, so I just wanted to give it the ability to at least tank a few priority moves or be able to switch in on occasion.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to improve this team, I've already played a bunch of games and am fairly satisfied with it, but if I can make it better I might be able to push higher in the ladder.

Attachments

I would suggest running Mold Breaker instead of Sandforce. This allows Excadrill to effectively deal with Rotom-Wash, which seems to wall many of your team members. I also think that it would be worth looking at replacing Chansey with something like a Tornadus. This team works well if it is able to build tempo, and I think that offensive Torn could be worth checking. If you go ahead with that switch, consider changing Excardill's Z- Move.

I would suggest running Mold Breaker instead of Sandforce. This allows Excadrill to effectively deal with Rotom-Wash, which seems to wall many of your team members. I also think that it would be worth looking at replacing Chansey with something like a Tornadus. This team works well if it is able to build tempo, and I think that offensive Torn could be worth checking. If you go ahead with that switch, consider changing Excardill's Z- Move.
I like the idea of a mold breaker excadrill as I have been struggling with rotoms. As for the change in z-moves, what would you suggest? Maybe a steelium z?

Steelium is definitely a good choice. Your team is walled pretty hard by fairy types like Koko and sweepers like Kyurem, so having that added threat would be a definite plus. I'd also look into replacing chansey with Torn and running Z-fight/Z-fly, so that you can give Excadrill a scarf (to counter Zard-X, specs koko, and potentially zapdos).

Hey dude, I dont want to be harsh or nothing like that, but, I feel your team lacks a clear direction, I mean, Webs is a HO playstyle using mons who can abuse of lower speed mons, and this include things like Mega Pinsir, Bisharp, Tapu Lele, Magearna, etc.
On the other hand, sand can be a Bulky Offense playstyle or a balanced one. Talking of this topic, the Chansey drains momentum for the "HO side" of your team and is too much passive for a sand team, the same with Hippowdon, which is great setting sand, but you can use a Tyranitar-Mega, who can set up rocks, trap mons like M-Latis and Tornadus-T and check Heatran pretty well, or use a CB Tyranitar to improve Excadrill's matchup vs Stall, and both are better than Hippo in the current metagame.
Before making a unworthy rate, i could please you to choose what direction you want to take: Keep webs archetype and makes changes in this regard, or well, change to sand and focus your changes there, and then, raters can make a good rate of the team enhancing its strenghts and covering its weaknesses, but having a clear playstyle to begin with.

Good luck :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)