Salvia Divinorum

Yeah so I just got a sweet deal on a ton of this stuff from a friend of mine who was trying to get rid of as much as he could. They've just started to ban it in like 25 states so I decided to partake before the chance slipped away.

So my question is...does anyone here have any experience with Salvia? In specific I'd like to know about the ideal environment for using it, whether or not torch lighter+water bong is better than a vape, and a good dosage for dried leaves. (10x)

Oh, and if you have used it feel free to post your experiences.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
If you can't read 3 lines...

Friend had some of this stuff. Apparently the trip isn't that great for the price.

yea, 10x doesn't do anything for me. i tried 40x and it was interesting but still not that great. weed is cheaper and more fun anyway. as far as i know you can just go buy the powdered extract at your local cigarland or soundsations, i got mine at cigarland. also, if you do end up trying it, don't let it sit in the bottle it comes in after you open it. i let half of the little bottle i got sit for a day and it tasted HORRIBLE the next day i tried it.

I've only tried it twice. The first time i bugged out like crazy but only for about 5 min. The other time nothing happened. I dunno, it was a cool trip but not worth it. I would much rather smoke weed. But since you have it you might as well make do. I used a bong but i have never used a vaporizer so i wouldn't know which is better.

From what I hear, virgins last longer than a salvia high... lol, and I think you have to use a whole shit load of it.

So, if you wanna get banged up, just smoke some weed.. if you get something with a comparable price per gram, it'll probably be some one hit wonder stuff.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
From what I hear, virgins last longer than a salvia high... lol, and I think you have to use a whole shit load of it.

So, if you wanna get banged up, just smoke some weed.. if you get something with a comparable price per gram, it'll probably be some one hit wonder stuff.
Haha, I like that line... and yeah, I agree with it. I smoked some in line at Canada's Wonderland on my HS senior trip, and not even 10 minutes later I was fine. Not worth it for the money and hassle of buying over the internet.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yeah, people smoke weed and then salvia. hot torch flame works, bong and cold water. have a sitter, tell them not to interfere until you're like seriously fucked.

the trip lasts like 20 minutes-ish. it's fun but definitely not worth the price :B.

This shit is too fucking fun. I smoke it from an ice bong, I don't think it really matters how you smoke it. Just a preference thing. Trip is individual, and depends on dosage/potency. A nice dose of 40x will get you tripping for like 20 minutes, but that's the most I've ever experienced. I've never gotten more than a 4 or 5 minute high of 10x, but I guess if you smoke enough, it'll be alright.

Yeah, it mixes great with weed, as does any hallucinogen. Smoke weed before your salvia, it just makes the entire experience a lot more chill. You have the craziest fucking hallucinations on salvia too, it's fucking amazing.

God damn, now I'm craving.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone know if this stuff is legal in the UK? I could try importing some then (I don't know anyone who deals salvia!)

like i said, just check your local smoke shops first. it is used as an incense for people who don't smoke it so it should be pretty common if it is legal where you live

I believe you can eat it. If you can, I'm sure it works something like weed: brownies, etc. One easy thing some people do is grind up chronic really fine, then put Nutella on top of crackers, and then sprinkle it on top of that. I've witnessed people getting fucking blit like this, so yeah.

Idk about the eating...but I know the traditional shaman way to do it is to press a shitload of leaves and mix the juices with hot water to make a tea sort of thing. You need ALOT of fresh leaves though to do that, and if you have access to those you might as well chew them. I know a guy who did and tripped out for 1.5 hours, dashing around outside and not saying a word.

He was absolutely convinced he was a dinosaur.

I've tried it and I didn't like it. I stumbled around completely fucked out of my mind for a few minutes, then started sweating profusesly and seeing spots. It was over in about 10 minutes, the shitty part was I was acting so weird that my dog barked which he never does, and my parents came in and caught me and thought I was dying of heroin overdose or something.

Also I've heard of people walking into traffic and other stupid things after smoking this stuff. Be careful where you do it.

I'm never touching this stuff again.

I woke up about an hour ago. My dorm is trashed; clothes are strewn all over the place and torn food wrappers are scattered everywhere.

I think I was a bear, or part bear.

For most of it I was writhing around on the floor making these involuntary growling sounds. I would try to call out my roommates name who was sitting nearby, but all that came out was this garbled, visceral "roar". My limbs were spazzing out. About 5 minutes before this episode I had been slashing at everything with my hands and sniffing uncontrollably, looking for food.

The worst part about it though was when I looked at the large mirror we have hanging on our door. My reflection wasn't me; I saw the person hunched over staring back at me as a stranger. I snarled at myself a bit.

I'm not sure if the quality of my trip was corrupted by the alcohol I had been drinking that night, but nonetheless I am fucking terrified of Salvia.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I think my roommate had a bad experience too. I'll ask him about it

That's crazy though. Ever tried acid? One of my friends said that he melted in front of a mirror and was terrified as all fuck. Apparently you aren't supposed to have mirrors around when doing psychadelic drugs.

I really liked it, it was fun; this was probably because I was around friends and we were having a good time and I did a couple of bongs and sat there going "... yeah this is shit AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TRIANGLES" and the world just dissolved. It was pretty. Then I laughed hysterically for a while.. perfect recipe for a break-up :)

I think my roommate had a bad experience too. I'll ask him about it

That's crazy though. Ever tried acid? One of my friends said that he melted in front of a mirror and was terrified as all fuck. Apparently you aren't supposed to have mirrors around when doing psychadelic drugs.
Never done acid, but I'm constantly being urged by my friends to try it with them as they can get it pretty easily. I don't know though, I'm put off a bit by the slight risk of psychosis that comes along with lsd, even if the chance is very small. If it wasn't for that I'd be all for it; I've heard mostly awesome things.

I think the psychosis thing is entirely overplayed; I've a complete predisposition to psychotic disorders (before I tried acid) and acid if anything cheered me up!

Ok I will clear up all of the confusion.

The only thing you need to be worried about is if you are in a bad enviroment. A lighted room with 6 people yakking it up and the tv going off is a BAD ENVIROMENT. You need darkness, quiet, maybe a soft ambient music in the background, but nothing loud and crazy (like a party).

This is not a "drug" like marijuana is not a "drug" in the sense that it is a Plant that grows naturally. The things we, as a race (of earthlings) need to be worried about are Chemicals. Alcohol, pills, ciggs, meth, heroine, cocaine, etc. Chemical drugs deprive and permanetly degrade the body and its functions, in most cases, taking ALL of your bodies functions, which results in death!

Salvia is not a party "drug". The shamans used it to Meditate and to realm step, to see into another dimension and most importantly to see their thoughts and their physical existance through a much different and 'real' perspective. Something you can't achieve being an open eye'ed mortal.

I have yet to get to try it, but I too wait for my chance.

You can smoke it, but it causes irritation and doesn't last long at all.

The best method is to ingest it, by sucking on a quid. A quid is a bundle of fresh leaves that you roll up and put under your tongue. This extracts that good ol' intoxicating juice and you KEEP IT IN YOUR MOUTH and this method is the most commonly used my rural peoples. This method takes 10-20 minutes to kick in, but lasts for anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 and a half hours depending on how long you can keep the quid in your mouth. Most importantly, it is for new thought. Imagine taking this and lying down on your bed, comfortable, maybe with candles (some form of light, I use a flourescent light with green plastic around it for a green (calming to the mind) glow.) and soft music and seeing things completely differently, or maybe even stepping in an entirely new world? For us 'mon lovers this would pretty much make our creativity and imagination go into a dream like existance.

More information on Plants that grow on the Earth can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_Divinorum#History

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)