Tournament RUPL WEEK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoutouts Meru for the banner

Avaricious Arcanines (7) vs. Humilau City Hitmonlees (1)

ORAS: blunder vs. Jarii
ORAS: Star. vs. teal6
ORAS: NaCl vs. Imanalt
XY: Omfuga vs. galbia
XY: KratosMana vs. MrAldo
BW: Finchinator vs. Oglemi
BW: Void vs. Peli
Manager: -Tsunami- vs. Sweep

Dabbing Drapions (5) vs. Erotic Explouds (3)

ORAS: barton vs. Real FV13
ORAS: lighthouses vs. Mael
ORAS: passion vs. Christo.
XY: Ice Tea vs. Sam
XY: Calloflochie vs. Kiyo
BW2: Raseri vs. innovamania
BW2: 49 vs. Hakumen
Manager: Scythe vs. atomicllamas

Flexin Flygons (4) vs. Weaboo Wormadams (4)

ORAS 1: ChillShadow vs. Tricking
ORAS 2: Lord Death Man vs. dice
ORAS 3: Zamrock vs. HANTSUKI
XY 1: Arifeen vs. thecrystalonix
XY 2: Evan. vs. rozes
BW2 1: FLCL vs. Kushalos
BW2 2: EonX vs. SilentVerse
Manager: DTC vs. Pearl

No extensions. Only coin-flips and activity wins.

Deadline: 11:59 PM EST Sunday

Last edited by a moderator:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
[18:06:01] +Finchinator: when do you wanna play for rupl
[18:06:34] ~Oglemi: next weekend would be chill af cuz i don't have any of my teams anymore and need to build
[18:06:35] ~Oglemi: sorry :/
[18:06:43] +Finchinator: im busy saturday
[18:06:44] +Finchinator: is sunday ok?
[18:06:46] ~Oglemi: ye
[18:06:49] +Finchinator: ok nice
[18:06:55] +Finchinator: ill find u here or irc or forums or something easy
[18:06:57] +Finchinator: see ya then
[18:06:59] ~Oglemi: ye

fighting sunday, go team

trigger warning: i'm actually making a mildly serious post

Avaricious Arcanines (4) vs. Humilau City Hitmonlees (4)

ORAS: blunder vs. FlamingVictini - fv has been expressing more investment in the oras rarelyused metagame than most 'mains', and idt blunder has won a pokemon game since spl finals. nothin set in stone clearly, but i would say that this ways heavily in fv's favour.
ORAS: Star. vs. teal6 - a bit of an odd one; i do not believe either is intimately familiar w/the meta being played, and i cannot speak confidently who will be providing them teams (unless either / both are feeling particularly ambitious). i'm leaning towards teal here given he's on a tear nowadays.
ORAS: NaCl vs. Imanalt - in recent months i've come to feel like nacl has really stabilized as a player, and while he's not the most innovative player i would be giving him the edge in this game. however, sweep tends to have a bit of a left-wing approach to lower tier building, and assuming that's where alt's teams will be coming from, there might be enough of net surprise value to cause an upset.
XY: Omfuga vs. galbia - my gut says omfuga, my heart says galbia. i think its well within galb's power to set up a good mu out of the gate, since fuga's the most predictable builder this side of tewmew, but honestly i think it'll come down to more efficient play on fuga's part. should be a highlight unless someone goofs hard.
XY: KratosMana vs. MrAldo - ok, ok, one of my least certain calls here. i saw what anti brought to xy slam series, and even as a player that was not touching the game during that stretch of time, i knew it was the worst thing ever. that said, i feel tour exp will outweigh here, and being able to turn to fuga for something at least passable will give him enough leeway to grab a w. that in mind, i'm lowkey routing for aldo b.c he's a cool guy and i think he can pull it out if he doesn't let the trophies get to him.
BW: Finchinator vs. Oglemi - i think of all the bw tiers finchinatorpo sides, ru is probs his weakest, but generally i feel tour exp and less interest in making a 'cool team' is gonna drive a w from him. oglemi has a little more depth in this tier, but i don't feel it's enough here.
BW: Void vs. Peli - another player that's been on a bit of tear recently, been impressive. that said, i'm not sure his team suppliers are as solid as they were in, say, nupl, and void is definitely a strong player who also has some good team support to work off, but if momentum was ever a real thing in this context, then peli has it.
Manager: -Tsunami- vs. Sweep - a lil tough to call, but of the two, i think sweep is far less likely to bring something really stupid, and more likely to account for shake's usual approach to these kinds of games.

Flexin Flygons (2) vs. Weaboo Wormadams (6)

ORAS 1: ChillShadow vs. Tricking - i think chillshadow's a bit of sleeper here. he's had some suspect builds, but generally i've been pretty impressed from what little i've seen, and his play has been solid as well. i do think tricking is rather solid, and it's well within his power to pull it out, but whoever helps him build for ru just really has not sat well w/me x_x maybe pearl can iron out some of the sub-optimal stuff that gets thrown in there, but i'm giving the edge to chillshadow.
ORAS 2: Lord Death Man vs. dice - yeah. dice will bring some billboard top 40 shit and win w/starbucks in hand, but he'll win. there isn't really enough linearity to his builds for ldm to brew something to effectively counterstyle, and i figure dice is just a better player currently. maybe i'm just out of touch, since i know ldm more as a poster than a player, but it feels pretty clean-cut unless he manages a terrific mu sheerly on coincidence ~_~
ORAS 3: Zamrock vs. HANTSUKI - honestly, i'm just shy of having no idea. i view hantsuki as the perpetual 'super sub' of smog as is, and from offhand comments from bigs i have been led to believe he's invested a mild focus, which is what bases my decision here. zam's insane in a great way, big ups, and might very well pull some insane sequence out to catch a w, but idt his oras support is strong enough on this team to set him up for sucess.
XY 1: Arifeen vs. thecrystalonix - like nacl, i feel arifeen has really come into his own in recent months, and his high level of activity in contrast to tco's should come to favour him hard here. tco's gotta really play up what i'm to understand to be a greater familiarity w/xy to stretch his advantages here, but i do not feel it'll be enough.
XY 2: Evan. vs. rozes - most overrated guy of the year(?), but i think the edge of better team support will push for rozes here. evan-senpai has a better feel for the end-game and a stronger trigger finger tho, so if he could bum a team off kiyo then maybe somethin could happen ?_?
BW2 1: FLCL vs. Kushalos - just like me to get crit right away haha. u both lost in spirit when u played as early as u did
BW2 2: EonX vs. SilentVerse - mind you, there is a distinct possibility of an act win here, but w/league pals in tow I figure this is less likely than usual. i hate to sound cynical or w/e, but there's a really substantial gap in playing ability and meta knowledge here, rust or not x_x im not even sure if sv bringing standard balance + a really awful bug would even the field here, and if ur reading this dude then know that i bear absolutely no ill will when i say this q-q
Manager: DTC vs. Pearl - I have seen dtc play one tour game, in which he brought a monferno, lost, and then made a meme pun.

Last edited:
Dabbing Drapions (4) vs. Erotic Explouds (4)

ORAS: barton vs. Meru | some nigga in the auction asked me why i didnt bid on barton. the answer: i still have no idea who this nigga is
ORAS: lighthouses vs. Mael | lol. just bring some physical houndoom counters and you'll win. oh wait thats pmuch the entire metagame
ORAS: passion vs. Christo. | passions a god bro. this isnt uu christo cant b that much of a threat
XY: Natural Talent vs. Sam | my nigga king t's rupl debut LOOOL alas, sams a good player and should b able to take this p easily
XY: Calloflochie vs. Kiyo Ice Tea vs. Real FV13 | west coast vs australia...theres no way in hell this game actually happens so im gonna predict ice tea to win the double sub
BW2: Raseri vs. innovamania | this dude seems decent enough from what ive seen so ill give him the edge
BW2: 49 vs. Hakumen | mfw a random is used as a placeholder in the auction for another fucking random. like who is this nigga LOL 49s good tho shouldnt b that hard
Manager: Scythe vs. atomicllamas | should b a close game but ill give scythe a slight edge

Flexin Flygons (3) vs. Weaboo Wormadams (5)

ORAS 1: ChillShadow vs. Tricking | idk who the fuck the other nigga is
ORAS 2: Lord Death Man vs. dice | see above bros.
ORAS 3: Zamrock vs. HANTSUKI | ZAMROCKIN RUPL. zamrock lucked out and got the 1 nigga who has played less ru than he has. this game should b interestin but i think lord zamrock will pull thru
XY 1: Arifeen vs. thecrystalonix | idk who the other nigga is. arifeen seems like a p competent battler so ill give him the edge
XY 2: Evan. vs. rozes | is this nupl? could go either way but ill give the edge to evan just cuz he managed to beat a player like me in uupl last week, lol.
BW2 1: FLCL vs. Kushalos | flcl is fucking garbage holy how u gonna b over 20k and lose 1st blood
BW2 2: EonX vs. SilentVerse | sv is a bw king u cant stop this god..
Manager: DTC vs. Pearl | pearl was a god in nupl im sure he'll come thru here too

and ofc unbiased predictions

Avaricious Arcanines (8) vs. Humilau City Hitmonlees (0)

ORAS: blunder vs. FlamingVictini | alrite. this nigga's losing streak has to end at some pt and since im finally his manager again its time for him to return to spl form...
ORAS: Star. vs. teal6 | teals a threat but star managed to beat heysup in spl. earned my respect bros.
ORAS: NaCl vs. Imanalt | my nigga salt tho LOL stop this god hes bout to crush imanalt. disclaimer tho: anti told me to pick him so theres about a 50% chance he chokes. i believe in u tho my nigga
XY: Omfuga vs. galbia | omfugod in xy? gligar is legal? hit x bros its already fuckin over this mans goin undefeated
XY: KratosMana vs. MrAldo | omfugas just gonna ghost. easiest win of his life
BW: Finchinator vs. Oglemi | 17k bw god finchinator bout to prove hes not garbage. u better win oml
BW: Void vs. Peli | this nigga told me ryou was better than kyou. nigga was almost sent to the shadow realm. its fine tho hes a god bout to savage my nigga Peli. disclaimer tho: anti told me to pick him so theres about a 50% chance he chokes. i believe in u tho my nigga
Manager: -Tsunami- vs. Sweep | ive swept like 80 niggas in the past 2 days w/ linoone. ur nothin to me bro

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Contacted. May post predictions later.

No one seems to remember.... But I do. And I'll never forget. It's what's driven me and given me confidence since day 1. Glad it's finally come full circle. Time to have some good old fun.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jesus christ y'all are even worse johns than I expected... apparently I 5th match for the week on a fucking thursday??

lost because stone edge is a bad move gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)