Round 82 & 83 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Memoric]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a reminder, we will be now rewarding the winner of the Tutee Tournament with a custom user-title, along with intense media coverage. There is also a possibility for the finals to be hosted on a Smogcast, though that is subject to timing schedules.

Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 82 and 83, who was tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a XY OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 82 and 83). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (XY OU) played on the Showdown simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all XY games.

Round 1:

alflaya123 vs epicdrill
radianthero156 vs Kavatika
RedGyarados91 vs Lost Soul
Panda12435 vs Hawkeye998

Moony vs awiec
SJNeptunia vs Memoric
TheSuperSaiyanBreloom vs Metal Sonic
scorpdestroyer vs asbdsp

Round 2:

Lost Soul vs epicdrill
scorpdestroyer vs Memoric
Metal Sonic vs Moony
Hawkeye998 vs radianthero156

Semi Finals:

Metal Sonic vs radianthero156
Lost Soul vs Memoric

Finals:

radianthero156 vs Memoric

Deadline: 6/11/14 Midnight

Last edited:
Username: alflaya123
Shoddy Username: alflaya123
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00p.m -12:00am GMT-6 CST On weekends I'm usually availible all day and Spring Break is coming in 2 weeks so I'll have lots of free time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles/XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive battling last fall after my friend introduced me to Showdown. It was then when searched the forums and came across the RMT forums. I saw how some teams were full of synergy and came up with ideas of my own. I loved the way it worked and I began the long process of EV training and IV breeding. Right now I have two competitive teams but I still have a lot to learn about team building and battling. In real life I am a Junior in high school from Oklahoma and I play trumpet on my school band.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure
25 Posts
I mostly just lurk around the forums to see ideas for battling and team-building. I want to become more knowledgable in competitive battling that way I can make contributions to the site.

Username: epicdrill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: epicdrill
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, Monday 4PM-6PM, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 3PM-5PM (Thursday will be 4pm-6pm soon), Friday 8PM-midnight, Saturday any time but 2am-9am, Sunday 9am-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I rarely, if ever, play a video game that is not PS or Clash of Clans, and I pretty much play video games whenever I have free time, which, as you can see from above, I have a lot of. Out of the two, I play PS considerably more, although I would not consider myself skilled (Can't consistently stay above 1650 ELO, usually around 1600 ELO with my best team, with others I have trouble staying above 1600 ELO). My favorite class at school is Biology. I play guitar and piano.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Skipped in round 81, tutor failed to respond entirely in round 82.

Username: radianthero156
Pokemon Showdown: radianthero156
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, regularly online every day after 18:30, and, during april, will also be online at 9:00 to 13:00
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / DPP OU / BW OU (order of preference)
I am very good at math/physics, and a fan of logical strategy games in general, such as pokemon, fire emblem, etc. As for actual battling, i started playing 6 months ago, but i am relatively experienced at XY UU, constantly reaching top 5 in the ladder (and uu is full of good players), as well as making part of the UU council; additionally, i managed to get OU and LC voting requirements last month, though i just stole teams from top players in order to achieve them. I wanna learn more about teambuilding and about advanced playing skills in general. I am also a big fan of the smogon tour, but im doing badly at it, my hope is that b101 will improve me and i'll do better next time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

(this post is the #40 post of this thread)

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr. Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lady Samantha / Cinco Diablo

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 All afternoons Monday - Wednesday, All day Thursday - Sunday.

What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon for quite a while & I would like to delve into the tier that is LC. I have been playing to tier quite awhile & would like to get more experienced in it.

Last edited:
Username: weirdishitsux
Pokemon Online Username: Asuya
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, 5pm to 1am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: IDM member

Username:Lost Soul
Pokemon Online Username:Lost_Soul22
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-8 12pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Boo.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Username:ChrisTehAwesome
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ChrisTehAwesome
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EDT (Toronto), evenings and all weekends, more now that exams are coming to a close
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY LC, XY Doubles, XY UU, DPP Ubers, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in university studying chemical engineering. I enjoy competitive pokemon and I've been lurking the major tournaments (we can this *_*). My teambuilding lacks synergy in OU, which i'd like to fix, although I'd probably get more out of the other tiers as I already know a lot about OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

got picked for XY LC if that matters

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Pokemon Online Username: Imprior
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST - 4:30 - 9:00
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers (get better at it)
Tell us a little about yourself: better than haruno

Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: moony
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (-4 starting on Wednesday), Monday - Wednesday after 4 PM, not available on Thursdays, Fridays after 3 PM, Saturday and Sunday after 12 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles /XY Ubers
Tell us a litle about yourself: I'm a high school sophmore, been playing competitive pokemon since 2012. I play the violin. I've been watching replays of xy doubles from the spl and it seems like a really fun to get into and play. I tried to learn it myself, but I can't really get a grasp on how to start because most doubles videos are about VGC and I know VGC and Doubles are a bit different. I liked BW Ubers, so XY Ubers would be 2nd in priority of learning to XY Doubles.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Username: awiec
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: awiec( pokemon showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Available most times of the day/night but during test weeks I have very limited availability, if I am given an appointment time I will do what I can to make it.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU (preferred) or XY OU I mostly just want to get my skills back up to par, I'm rusty and make some sloppy moves and I don't really have anyone to practice with.
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to compete in the IRL tournaments in 3rd gen and won a few. My main passion is breeding and I do enjoy testing out more unique sets and I think I can hold my own. I am graduating with a Bachelors in Science this summer and will be going into a masters/phd program for plants. I also have 14 Tarantulas and lots of plants, so I lean more towards water,bug and plant pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure why not
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah I have an OU team ready

Username: SJNeptunia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lunistria
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST) ~ After 3:00 and before 10:30
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm in the 8th grade and a total computer nerd. I enjoy writing stories, making music, graphic design (I suck at it though =/) and playing Pokemon as pastimes. I have been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember, starting off with Pokemon Crystal (in '03-'04). However, I really got into the game with Pokemon Sapphire. I was never really competitive, though. I played through every game, but my teams were usually bad and I completely missed the point of competitive battling xD. Eventually, I learned about the art of flashcards and Pokesav and made a bunch of illicit Pokemon that served next to no legitimate purpose (who wants a shiny Machamp with triple kick, psychic, stone edge and roar of time?). I just started competitive battling a few months ago, and let's just say I'm not the best at it. I missed the signup date for B101 2014 twice now, so I really hope I get picked! I wish to hone(dge) my skills and become a better player, along with nurturing fine relationships with the fine people of the community! To be honest, however, I don't feel that I'm adequate enough to be selected. I feel like those who have been skipped constantly deserve it more than me. I wouldn't mind being skipped, it gives me all the more time to hone(claws) my skills xD
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'd be more than happy to.
✪ <25 Posts: I'm the definition of a ghost xD I usually snoop around but I've only started competitive battling a few months ago. I joined Smogon a few months ago, too, and I'm at point blank on it xD I'm not sure where to post sometimes and I'm not very intelligent Pokemon-wise so it's really hard for me to contribute anything to the scene.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Username: Memoric
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Memoric
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, summer break, available anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, or XY Doubles if there is no room
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Filipino, a student. I've only started playing last September, but I feel like I've accumulated enough skill, I guess. I like to teambuild and all of that, since I like to mix and match stuff. As for my personal life, I'm 9th Grade (next school year[I dunno if it's different in other countries]) and writes for the school paper. I like to listen to Taylor Swift. And sleep, I like to sleep e.e

I'm hoping I get tutored in XY OU, as I feel that it will help me tremendously. XY Doubles, I'm interested in that too; I feel like I have some game for it. Maybe .__.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

I was tutored R83 on XY Doubles

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. I'm most likely available on Sunday 11 Am-8 Pm, but I might be on from Mondays to Fridays 3 PM-8 PM. I always have half days in schools on Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU/XY Uber
Tell us a little about yourself:A guy who has progressed ever since he was playing since the BW1 metagame. I have been playing Ou a lot and I like Ubers but never got around to learning it. Also, I'm kind of interested in the XY UU metagame right now. Had been playing Yu-Gi-Oh for a long time ever since my friend got me into it. It got boring for me. I hope to play in Tournaments one day

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers / XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I like sonic the hedgehog
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Skipped in round 78,79,80, and my tutor in round 81 was inactive

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: scorpdestroyer
Pokemon Showdown username: scorpdestroyer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, timing varies but on weekday non mornings I can go on irc and I can play Showdown on weekends
What tier do you want to learn: XY OU
I'm a NU player but I'm trying to get into XY tiers because I find them interesting. OU particularly stands out to me this generation.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, although idk what they are
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: yeah

Username: asbdsp
Pokemon Showdown Username: asbdsp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Evenings EST, weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Trying to make the jump from a PS OU battler to Legendary Status. Need to learn about higher level battling decision making, advanced team building, and forum integration. I'm a hardworking dude, who rather enjoys playing this game, especially since the advent of Gen VI.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

sub me in if there's no more room

Username
: Kavatika
Pokemon Showdown Username: Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (GMT -4) I'm on at anytime during the day really and even early in the morning (like 7:30 am), and usually on at 8 pm to 9
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been active on the forums for several months now, I've done some C&C work for LC, made some friends here and there. I've kinda realized that since so many people play OU, it's kinda worth it to know how to play the tier well. Mostly I'm interested in learning higher level skills and applying what skills I know already at a deeper level. I'm not 100% new to this game, I know what I'm doing and I want to learn more.

Usernname: redgyarados91
pokemon showdown username: redgyarados91
timezone: 6-11 est
tier I want to learn: xy ou
about me: I have been playing pokemon since the beginning but have just recently discovered the competitive aspect of the game. I want to learn xy ou so I can compete in tournments and also contribute to the pokemon community.

Username:rhinopatomus
Pokemon Showdown: uchiwa, prince of ravens

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, I'm not always able to access pokemon showdown but I can access the forums with my phone

What tier do you want to learn?:XY Little Cup, XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I only recently started getting more active with Smogon and competitive battling recently. I really enjoy the strategy and tactics behind each tier and really would love to learn more.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Why I should be tutored (fewer than 25 posts): Because....Um.....I would be so grateful for the help! Also I think I'm an interesting person. If we want to make it a give and take, I got a lot of jokes to make up for the training

Skipped last round

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Username: Raiza.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Raiza and Raiza not monarch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, im available in the evenings and nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU,XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm Raiza, I am 16, I play pokémon since 2004 and the competitive side since April 2011. I'm good at BW OU and XY OU, im decent in the last Metagames OU Tiers generally, but I enjoy playing lower tiers too and that is why I want to learn more about them.

Username: Striikr123
Pokemon Online Username: Don't have online (can get it) but have showdown which is NextGenFighter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, Most evenings
Tell us a little about yourself:Well, I am a 9th Grader, I am also the Junior House leader for my faction at school and am a Straight A student, I have been playing pokemon since I was 6 when I got Pearl, Ever since then, I've loved just trying to catch every single pokemon and find all the legendaries, but lately, since I have been playing on my Y, I have been looking for a bit more to do, so I decided to get into competitive. i've made a couple of teams on Pokemon Showdown, and looked at a lot of guides on team-building and strategy, but I still am lacking a lot of the knowledge of those subjects, so i came here. My weakest point is definitely my team-building, that is what I would like to work on the most. I know a lot about Pokemon in general, IV's, EV's and I know a couple of movesets for pokemon. The reason I really love pokemon is mainly the community, how large it is and how friendly everyone is, this is another reason why I want to get into competitive, to go out, Meet a ton of people and make plenty of new friends at tournaments and such.

Username: Hawkeye998
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hawkeye998
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, Weekends all day and weekdays after 5pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, pretty much all XY metas except Ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 20 and live in Canada studying business. I've been playing pokemon since Gen1 but only recently started on Showdown. I don't think I've ever hit 1600 on the OU ladder. I know the basics of competitive battling but I'm interested in seeing what I can learn from this program. Other video games I enjoy include Fire Emblem and Elder Scrolls, and I also enjoy reading, basketball, and music. Also I've been refreshing the forum all day waiting for this thread to go up and then as soon as I leave for more than a few minutes it goes up.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I guess I need a justification since I'm new.
I preferred to do a lot of lurking so I wouldn't be a complete n00b to the forums when I decided to jump in. This program is actually what made me finally decide to start posting. I've just started posting today but now that I've started I'm looking forward to getting involved. I can't contribute much to past-gen stuff because I don't have competitive experience with it, but I'm definitely interested in contributing to XY where I can. I'm also planning on hopefully doing some C&C stuff because my writing skills are very strong. I'm not sure how much of a justification this is but hopefully I can be considered for this program.

Username: Shur'tugal
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Templar Haytham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5.5, available from 11 AM to 4 PM and then again from 7:30 to 12:30 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC, XY OU and XY Ubers (in order of preference )
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student from India, and a long-time Pokemon player. I started competitively battling in August, and was alright for a while, but I'm rusty now. I like to chat about random things, and I'm a big fan of movies and basketball. I also play Assassin's Creed often.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Truth be told, I'm afraid that I would end up posting incorrectly and giving bad advice. Which is why I turned to B101, so I could improve and hopefully help others as well. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)