Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is a powerful wallbreaker in OU thanks to its great coverage, access to Swords Dance, and good Speed. It also also utilize its good bulk and typing to check Pokemon like Zapdos, Heatran, and Mega Tyranitar. Thanks to the solid coverage Garchomp has with Stone Edge backed up by Rockium Z, it can threaten most Defog users like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, and even Tapu Fini. This, alongside its ability to force switches in general, makes Garchomp a fantastic Stealth Rock setter. Garchomp makes a good partner for Pokemon like Ash Greninja, Kartana, and Mega Mawile, as it can eliminate things like Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, and Heatran for them thanks to its coverage and power. Garchomp also appreciates partners that can utilize VoltTurn to get it in safely, so Pokemon like Assault Vest Magearna and Tornadus-T make for good partners, as they can also check things that scare Garchomp out like Greninja and Kartana, respectively.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi. Just leaving some suggestions.

It also utilize it's good bulk and typing to check and threaten Pokemon like Zapdos, Toxapex, Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Charizard Y.
That's alot of examples. I'd probably remove zard Y.

Thanks to the solid coverage Garchomp has along with Stone Edge
Not sure if this is a GP thing but this sounds a tad off. I'd just say "thanks to Stone Edge backed up by Rockium Z" since that's what actually threatens said defoggers.

Thanks to the solid coverage Garchomp has along with Stone Edge backed up by Rockium Z, it can threaten most Defog users like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, and Gliscor
I don't think Gliscor is the best example of a defogger. In this case I'd rather mention that Garchomp can overwhelm Tapu Fini.

Garchomp makes a good partner for Pokemon who like their checks weakened or eliminated, like Ash Greninja, Kartana, and Shift Gear Magearna.
M-Mawile is probably a better example than Magearna.

like Mega Latios and Kartana.
Mega Latias is scientifically proven to be better than Latios

Implement whatever you want or wait for qc.

comments in purple things to remove in red
Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is a powerful wallbreaker in OU thanks to its great coverage, Swords Dance, and good speed. It also utilize it's good bulk and typing to check and threaten Pokemon like Zapdos, Toxapex, Heatran, and Mega Tyranitar. It's a bad Toxapex check. Thanks to the solid coverage Garchomp has with Stone Edge backed up by Rockium Z, it can threaten most Defog users like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, and even overwhelm Tapu Fini. This ability to threaten common Defog users and force switches in general makes Garchomp a fantastic Stealth Rock setter, which helps Garchomp and it's partners obtain KOs easier. We all know what Stealth Rock does. Garchomp makes a good partner for Pokemon who like their checks weakened or eliminated, like Ash Greninja, Kartana, and Mega Mawile. This is an extremely generalized point, I'd like to see a bit more actual content. Garchomp also appriciates partners who can utilize VoltTurn to get it in safely, so Pokemon like Assault Vest Magearna and Tornadus-T make for good partners as they can also check things that scare Garchomp out like Greninja and Kartana, respectively. Tornadus-T isn't consistently checking Greninja and Magearna isn't consistently checking Kartana.
Contact me on Discord once this is implemented, my tag is Jordy#5863.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/1

Additions, (AC) = add comma
Removals, (RC) = remove comma
Comments

Garchomp is a powerful wallbreaker in OU thanks to its great coverage, access to Swords Dance, and good speed Speed. It can also utilize it's its good bulk and typing to check and threaten (implied by being a check to them imo, so unnecessary) Pokemon like Zapdos, Heatran, and Mega Tyranitar. Thanks to the solid coverage Garchomp has with Stone Edge backed up by Rockium Z, it can threaten most Defog users like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, and even overwhelm Tapu Fini. This, (AC) alongside its ability to threaten common Defog users and force switches in general, (AC) makes Garchomp a fantastic Stealth Rock setter. Garchomp makes a good partner for Pokemon who like their checks and counters weakened or eliminated, (feels unnecessary tbh) like Ash Greninja, Kartana, and Mega Mawile, (AC) as Garchomp it can eliminate things like Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, and Heatran for them thanks to it’s its coverage and power. Garchomp also appriciates appreciates partners who that can utilize VoltTurn to get it in safely, so Pokemon like Assault Vest Magearna and Tornadus-T make for good partners, (AC) as they can also check things that scare Garchomp out like Greninja and Kartana, respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)