request for logo/mascot for my programming language

Ok, hmm i think i'll sketch a racoon and you can just decide which one you like more. Then i'll decide what to do from there.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, here's my preliminary sketch of my character. I took obvious characteristics from the Cheshire Cat, but didn't totally rip it off. I tried incorporating a bit of personality into him and he sorta has the whole, "Hey, I'm obviously better than you and might fuck with your mind a bit" mentality about him.

I kinda dubbed him the name Lionel, and he's based a bit off a Lynx:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/sly.png

Any suggestions to better him would be lovely, as I'm seeing some flaws on him. I think maybe the teeth shoulda been handled differently or something. :(

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
haha he looks badass. everyone seems to be interested in doing their own thing, so lets take off the "cheshire cat" "restriction". it was just something i came up with really, im sure there are better, more original ideas.

im still up for an animal mascot though, a cat or raccoon sounds great to me.

KoA

is an Artist
Alright, I'll dabble around more in the animal kingdom and see what else can go well with a sly role.

Here's the roughest sketchiest sketch imaginable, but the idea is there.

If you even somewhat like it, please tell me, and I'll make a clean version.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I can't really tell if I like that or not... I think so far my favorite idea was the "bandit" looking thing that zerowing made. It needs a body though :) I'll have to see what kind of racoon ideas come through.

This is a raccoon sketch i did for the mascot, tell me what you think. And yes i know, i really need to buy a proper camera =/

chaos

Owner
That's my favorite so far! Are others still working on drawings? If not, that's the one I select.

I got hit with a small storm of work recently, but I was still very interested in having another go at the mascot. I'll be as prompt as possible.

KoA

is an Artist
Expect something out of me tomorrow by this time. I'm really digging the Hyena idea someone pitched to me. :)

While a pimp is a sketchy topic, those are all great and could be adapted to be used as other things.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The second one looks like it's smiling, but the third really looks "Sly"

chaos

Owner
Don't quote posts with 3 images in them... common sense...

Zracknel, that's really awesome! I love how you take the same character and give him 3 different personalities. Additionally, the style in the first one makes me chuckle a whole lot (3 is my fav, though).

Got a name for him?

chaos

Owner
is that tails?

like the idea of the first one. however, zracknel's drawings are far and away my favorite.

Lol, no its actually not tails, but it pretty damn similar after looking at the image you posted, and ok concerning the drawings.

I'm glad you like them!

As for a name... well... I didn't have one in mind at the time of sketching these. I'm completely blanking on anything appropriate at the moment. I'll put together a list for you as soon as I get the chance.

did you use a tablet for these?
No. Pencil/Photoshop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)