OU Regieleki

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

OU's resident speed demon is here to break through both opposing teams and the sound barrier! Regieleki's unmatched Speed and powerful, Transistor-boosted Electric-type attacks make this fast lad a deadly offensive pivot and revenge killer. Volt Switch lets Regieleki pivot on defensive switch-ins like Blissey and Ferrothorn and offensive threats like Dragapult and Tapu Koko, dealing quite a bit of damage in the process. Electro Ball bowls through slower defensive Pokemon like Clefable and Toxapex. Rapid Spin both removes entry hazards and boosts Electro Ball. Ancient Power provides coverage for Ground-types like Landorus-T and Garchomp, though its damage is absolutely pitiful. The given EV spread allows Regieleki to outspeed Choice Scarf Kartana. Regieleki is used best on offensive teams that appreciate its role compression of strong pivoting and entry hazard removal. Regieleki all but forces the opponent to switch into a Ground-type, so Pokemon that take advantage of this like Weavile and Urshifu-R are good teammates. Galarian Zapdos is an intriguing teammate option for its unique ability to punish Landorus-T, making the opponent think twice about making that switch.

Character count: 1006

Last edited:
add basically everything curiosity said but I would personally like the set to be:
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ancient Power
- Rapid Spin
- Electro Ball
being able to slightly out-speed scarf kart while having maximum bulk.
dex

Last edited:
Nobody ever really runs max / max, so I'd prefer you change it to something like this:

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

I'm sure there's probably a few more optimal spreads, but iirc this is what's been used in scl so it'll probably be fine. I don't really think you need to explain the EVs in any detail, but if you do feel like explaining it, maybe limit it to the speed benchmark? Might be better to ask around for second thoughts on that.

Everything else looks good, but I think you could probably cut down on the move descriptions and mention what separates it from stuff like Koko or Zeraora - or more specifically, the types of teams you're generally going to find yourself using it on - because you've more or less painted the picture that this is something you can slap onto any sort of team and have a huge amount of success with.

Give me a tag on discord and i'll (get someone else) go through this again.

dex

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nobody ever really runs max / max, so I'd prefer you change it to something like this:

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

I'm sure there's probably a few more optimal spreads, but iirc this is what's been used in scl so it'll probably be fine. I don't really think you need to explain the EVs in any detail, but if you do feel like explaining it, maybe limit it to the speed benchmark? Might be better to ask around for second thoughts on that.

Everything else looks good, but I think you could probably cut down on the move descriptions and mention what separates it from stuff like Koko or Zeraora - or more specifically, the types of teams you're generally going to find yourself using it on - because you've more or less painted the picture that this is something you can slap onto any sort of team and have a huge amount of success with.

Give me a tag on discord and i'll (get someone else) go through this again.
implemented, I took Stareal's EV spread since I can't find a reason to use 172 Spe over 160 except if you are facing Scarf Lati for some ungodly reason. Took your move order and added a bit about what kind of teams it fits on + a bit about its role compression, though I dont specifically mention koko and zera.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
wouldn't be ss ou content from dex without gapdos propaganda
add remove (comments)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

OU's resident speed demon is here to break through both opposing teams and the sound barrier! Regieleki's unmatched Speed and powerful, Transistor-boosted Electric-type attacks make this fast lad a deadly offensive pivot and revenge killer. Volt Switch lets Regieleki pivot on defensive switch-ins like Blissey and Ferrothorn and offensive threats like Dragapult and Tapu Koko, dealing quite a bit of damage in the process. Electro Ball bowls through slower defensive Pokemon like Clefable and Toxapex. Rapid Spin both removes entry hazards and boosts Electro Ball. Ancient Power provides coverage for Ground-types, though its damage is absolutely pitiful (i think you have some room to squeeze in examples of such ground-types, purely optional but i think it would help so that most of the takeaway from the sentence isn't "this move is ass"). The given EV spread allows Regieleki to outspeed Choice Scarf Kartana. Regieleki is used best on offensive teams that appreciate its role compression of strong pivoting and entry hazard removal. Regieleki all but forces the opponent to switch into a Ground-type, so Pokemon that take advantage of this like Weavile and Urshifu-R are good teammates. Galarian Zapdos is an intriguing teammate option for its unique ability to punish Landorus-T, making the opponent think twice about making that switch.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic.gif

Last edited:

dex

wouldn't be ss ou content from dex without gapdos propaganda
add remove (comments)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

OU's resident speed demon is here to break through both opposing teams and the sound barrier! Regieleki's unmatched Speed and powerful, Transistor-boosted Electric-type attacks make this fast lad a deadly offensive pivot and revenge killer. Volt Switch lets Regieleki pivot on defensive switch-ins like Blissey and Ferrothorn and offensive threats like Dragapult and Tapu Koko, dealing quite a bit of damage in the process. Electro Ball bowls through slower defensive Pokemon like Clefable and Toxapex. Rapid Spin both removes entry hazards and boosts Electro Ball. Ancient Power provides coverage for Ground-types, though its damage is absolutely pitiful (i think you have some room to squeeze in example of such ground-types, purely optional but i think it would help so that most of the takeaway from the sentence is "this move is ass"). The given EV spread allows Regieleki to outspeed Choice Scarf Kartana. Regieleki is used best on offensive teams that appreciate its role compression of strong pivoting and entry hazard removal. Regieleki all but forces the opponent to switch into a Ground-type, so Pokemon that take advantage of this like Weavile and Urshifu-R are good teammates. Galarian Zapdos is an intriguing teammate option for its unique ability to punish Landorus-T, making the opponent think twice about making that switch.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
View attachment 396372
implemented, and gapdos is the truth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)