"Reality" TV (NSFW obv)

So, there are tons of reality TV shows these days. Reality TV is the new wave of TV, as we all know.

First we have game shows. These are like:
-Deal or No Deal
-Wheel of Fortune
-Jeopardy
-Wipeout
-The Contender
-The Shark Tank
-etc.

Second, we have dating-game shows. Like:
-The Bachelor/ette
-Boy Meets Boy (gay)
-Love in the Wild
-Blind Date
-etc.

Then we get into the fun stuff. Those crazy shows with the drunks and the drama, yah. For example:
-Jersey Shore
-The A-List: New York/Dallas (gay)
-Real Housewives
-Football Wives
-Keeping Up With the Kardashians
-The Real World
-etc.

Then we have game shows that are more extended with a certain cast the entire season, rather than featuring new people each episode. For example:
-Survivor
-The Amazing Race
-America's Next Top Model
-Project Runway
-The Apprentice
-etc.

We have reality court shows:
-Judge Judy
Judge Joe Brown
-Any show with Judge

Makeover Shows:
-The Biggest Loser
-Extreme Makeover
-Queer Eye
-What Not to Wear
-Pimp my Ride
-etc.

This is where we can discuss our favorite reality television shows, for instance, my favorite is definitely The A-List: New York/Dallas. They're pretty amazing, my avatar is actually Derek Lloyd Saathoff of The A-List: New York. He's my favorite character of the show. Furthermore, if I missed a show that you like, I apologize, but don't let that discourage you from mentioning it in this thread, we can still discuss it. I probably missed a lot of shows you guys like to watch.

Surprisingly, Shahs of Sunset is really, really funny. I normally don't like watching gay people that are on reality shows, but Reza is quite hilarious.

Surprisingly, Shahs of Sunset is really, really funny. I normally don't like watching gay people that are on reality shows, but Reza is quite hilarious.
Honestly, I find the gay people on A-List to be a lot funnier than the bitches who are on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Jersey Shore. I mean, just guys calling other guys "girl" when they see them, I find that so outlandish that it's hilarious.

Reality TV shows are terrible, go watch science channel, news, PBS, or scifi on netflicks.
Reality television is fun! It's like those crappy Cartoon Network shows, Adventure Time, that everybody likes, only not as bad and not as stupid, arguably, Jersey Shore and Kardashian bitches are just as stupid. I mean, you can't watch reality television whithout being open-minded, just as you can't watch Adventure Time without being open-minded.

the only good reality show is top chef and the other cooking ones ie chopped
Those are fun, but I definitely like The A-List a lot more. And The Shark Tank is definitely fun, it's different than the others, and The Apprentice is amazing, Donald Trump is everything.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
comparing jersey shore to adventure time is like, what i can't even understand

i miss the tv show NEXT, probably the best/corniest dating show ever created.

as for this thread: NEXT

also wheel of fortune is my fucking jam, i want to be on that show desperately

comparing jersey shore to adventure time is like, what i can't even understand

i miss the tv show NEXT, probably the best/corniest dating show ever created.

as for this thread: NEXT

also wheel of fortune is my fucking jam, i want to be on that show desperately
At least you have some input on reality TV shows, unlike ScarfWynaut who's posting just to post. And, I obviously didn't compare the shows, I compared the mindset needed to watch the shows.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if you compare reality television to scripted television, you are just stupid

Reality television is fun! It's like those crappy Cartoon Network shows, Adventure Time, that everybody likes, only not as bad and not as stupid, arguably, Jersey Shore and Kardashian bitches are just as stupid. I mean, you can't watch reality television whithout being open-minded, just as you can't watch Adventure Time without being open-minded.
Take th
is
before the shit really hits the fan.

On topic: Top Chef is amazing, as is anything with Gordon Ramsay. I can take or leave everything else.

Only reality show I really watch is Duck Dynasty. It's a pretty funny show actually and has quite some memorable lines.

I however was interested in this show where these two girls are conjoined twins. Forgot the name of it though and never got the chance to look of up :/

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Adventure Time is a show about ambivalence and nostalgia, in the creator's words it is "Twin Peaks for Children". So fuck no, it doesn't have a similar mindset to Reality TV. It's not random shit, it's high art. No, really.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I get a kick out of the fact that "reality TV" is some of the most unrealistic, scripted garbage you can see on television. How people can sit and watch it is well beyond me...

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
because it's fun. a lot of people get a kick of how scripted it is and just enjoy it for what it is. not everything has to be an impeccable work of art to be enjoyable.

i don't watch a lot of american reality tv except cooking shows. i do watch a lot of UK panel shows which are pretty similar to game shows i guess.

also everyone being so discerning as to immediately dismiss all reality television - get that snootiness out of here, if it's a thread you're only interested in to put down, then don't post.

because it's fun. a lot of people get a kick of how scripted it is and just enjoy it for what it is. not everything has to be an impeccable work of art to be enjoyable.

i don't watch a lot of american reality tv except cooking shows. i do watch a lot of UK panel shows which are pretty similar to game shows i guess.

also everyone being so discerning as to immediately dismiss all reality television - get that snootiness out of here, if it's a thread you're only interested in to put down, then don't post.
This is exactly how I feel. If you have nothing to add to the discussion of a particular thread, why are you even posting in it?

Every summer I love watching Master Chef. Gordon Ramsay certainly is pretty amazing, I have to admit.

Also,
Adventure Time is a show about ambivalence and nostalgia, in the creator's words it is "Twin Peaks for Children". So fuck no, it doesn't have a similar mindset to Reality TV. It's not random shit, it's high art. No, really.
I firmly believe that Adventure Time is a show people watch when they're high. Much like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adam you're my 2nd favourite gay but Adventure Time is not something people just randomly watch when they're high. The show means a lot to different people but to me it's a escapism as is all media, it shows the finer points in life, having fun with your friends and making the best out of situations and overcoming things like fears and shit.

Adventure Time is my favourite American show.

#tangents #derailing

Reality TV is meh, Pawn Stars is cool but just for the learning of history and cool items you get to see. Other then that i could do without.

I don't smoke at all so, do you watch Adventure Time when high? You may be missing a few things.
I don't think I would ever watch Adventure Time, let alone when I was high. I've tried watching it, but it was just so... I lost several more brain cells than I would have wanted to, we can leave it at that. When I get high, I do other things. Things involving... This is why I shouldn't bring up things I dislike in discussions I create...

New topic: Is Kim Kardashian a moron, or what? I mean, she gets married, files for divorce, gets pregnant, and the divorce is not even finalized. And then she goes in an interview with her sister and is like "my sister and I will watch each other's babies and breast feed them! It'll be perfect." I find that whole ordeal to be weird. I wouldn't want my sister's tits in my child's mouth, just saying.

How you can be pro-reality tv and then diss a show for making you "lose brain cells" I will never know. Reality TV is scripted shit. And its more shit than scripted. All of it. I believe there is close to zero value or substance in most reality TV

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the only "reality" series worth watching are the ones where people accomplish amazing goals or improve themselves and others, such as The Amazing Race and Biggest Loser

I care fuckall about any show that depicts people acting like classless jackasses, except to consider how they're constantly eroding the bedrock of our culture

Adventure time is the most beautiful show. I actually have no idea why it was even brought up in a reality tv thread but ok. (I also noticed Adam brought it up and then complained about it getting discussed :o)

I have never been a fan of reality tv at all, I watched a bit of big brother aus when it was on recently but not a lot of it as I'm generally working at prime time tv time. As a whole I think reality tv is pretty shit, stuff like cooking shows don't interest me but I guess they are ok. The likes of jersey shore are the shittest stuff on television and I can't believe people actually like it.

Ps I think you are posting on the wrong forum if you want to discuss the likes of Kim kardashian I am quite sure 99.99% of users on the forum doesn't give a fuck about her

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)