Rate my OU Monotype Normal team

Hello People,

I made a Normal type team that works really good for me, but I want to improve it further.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

So, this is a Banded staraptor, Brave Bird and Double-Edge are strong stabs that get boosted by reckless, Close Combat is for coverage on rock and steel types that resist the dual stab combo and U-turn is to scout. For the EV spread it is a standard 252/252/4 spread with a jolly nature to speed tie other base 100's and outspeed anything unboosted under it.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out

This is my lead, on the first turn it uses Fake Out to break Focus Sash or Sturdy and to see if the opponent switches or stays in on Smeargle, as it forces a lot of switches to Magic bounce users, Grass type Pokemon, Pokemon with the ability Overcoat or even Pokemon with the Insomnia or Vital Spirit ability. Spore, Sticky Web and Stealth Rock are pretty much self explanatory. The EVs to max out Speed and HP as it cant really invest in other stats, and the ability Technician to boost its already weak fake out to decent amounts of damage.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Transform

This guy is my revenge killer. Choice scarf to outspeed the pokemon it transformed in. Imposter should always be used in singles unless you want a Pokemon to absorb paralyze. 0 Speed IVs to get Hidden Power Ice which is overal one of the best types you can use as hidden power. The 0 speed IVs along with relaxed nature is used to win struggle wars with other dittos, underspeeding other dittos so they move first and die to struggle before you do. 252 defense evs and a defense boosting nature to minimize the damage taken from other dittos struggle and 248 hp is to get an odd number and the remaining 8 EVs goes into Special Defense as I can't put it in anywhere else.

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

This is my fast sweeper. Rock Climb is a 90 base power Normal move which gets boosted by Sheer Force unlike Return. Rock Climb gets stab so it is usually the go to move. Rock Slide gets Sheer force boosted aswell and is a great move against teams that are weak to rock. Iron head is to hit rock types and is also boosted by Sheer Force. Earthquake is a move I use for steel types which are annoying to normal type teams. Life Orb is the go to Item for most sheer force users as it doesn't get recoil from sheer force boosted attacks. EVs are self explanatory

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

This is my Special wall that cripple opponents with thunder wave and start spamming seismic toss. Soft-Boiled is there for reliable recovery and aromatherapy is to remove status from the whole team serene grace and healer doesn't work well for this set and natural cure is useful to remove status from chansey. Item is eviolite otherwise I was going to use Blissey.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink

This is my Physical Wall That can take anything except for most fighting moves. Body Slam is there to use it against stuff so it can paralyze them, Heal bell does the same thing as aromatherapy does and stealth rock is there just in case smeargle didn't get it up somehow and milk drink is for reliable recovery
EVs to maximize its physical bulk and its ability Thick Fat to reduce Fire and Ice damage.

I hope you guys will help me improving it and I need a special attacker as the lack of one really annoys me when gliscors suddenly pop up.

I would suggest replacing ditto for togekiss since you need a special attacker

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Mud-Slap

Air slash and hyper voice are stab. Heat wave is for ice types and double battles. And Mud-Slap is for lowering accuracy. Togekiss has the highest special attack of a normal type pokemon, and good HP and special defenses. You might be able to use him as a special tank by changing the EV's around

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I always thought conversion 2 on porygon 2 was a fun gimmick to use when I get bored. The move switches porygons type to a type that resists the opponents last move which can somewhat help against fighting moves. But yeah, togekiss losing its normal typing made the normal mono lose a great pokemon. If you see a fighting type, you MUST save ditto and revenge kill it altho dont expect ditto to beat pokemon like conk.

If I'm going to use Porygon-Z, what do i replace? and by the way air slash an kings rock doesn't stack

Last edited:

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Mud-Slap

Air slash and hyper voice are stab. Heat wave is for ice types and double battles. And Mud-Slap is for lowering accuracy. Togekiss has the highest special attack of a normal type pokemon, and good HP and special defenses. You might be able to use him as a special tank by changing the EV's around
"and double battles"

top kek m8

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Mud-Slap

MUD SLAP???? This is not silly things you have seen on the ladder so there is no need for Mud-Slap. If you are gonna give someone advice give some good advice.

I reccomend switching Tauros, since you already have a physical sweeper.
This is the first time someone's considered my advice in a RMT
Take out Tauros? Now I can confirm that you're either a troll or retarded ...

Last edited:
Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head Fire Blast / Ice Beam
- Earthquake

- Fire Blast is a guaranteed 2HKO against Ferrothorns, which without Fire Blast can completely wall Tauros.

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 203-244 (57.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: 187-224 (53.1 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

- Ice Beam is a guaranteed 2HKO against Bulky Landorus-T and has a good chance of OHKO Scarf Landorus-T after stealth rocks.

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 265-312 (69.3 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 265-312 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

- Zen Headbutt is fighting coverage. It also hits Gengar with supper effective damage.

- Naive Nature change is so Fire Blast / Ice Beam isn't nerfed.

- 4 SpA change is too boost Fire Blast / Ice Beam's power.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 4 HP / 4 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy / Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

- Chansey is a more viable Stealth Rocks mon than Miltank.

- Change the 252 HP to 4 because Chansey already has an outrageous amount of HP, so it doesn't need investment. Replace the 252 Evs with SpD instead.

Miltank < Porygon2

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Discharge / Thunderbolt

Mono Water Teams with Greninja are extremely threatning. Porygon2 is arguably the best Greninja wall. If you want something that can just completly obliterate Greninja, or any other threat, I advise using:

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock off
- U-turn / Wild Charge / Fire Punch / Rock Slide

And that's about all the changes you should make. The team over all is well balanced, and doesn't need any drastic changes, besides replacing Miltank with something more viable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)