Rate my first Team, Thanks!

I have a pretty basic team set up here, i just tried to counter the most used or what seems to be used in the OU game right now.

Yanmega
Move 1: Bug buzz
Move 2:Air Slash
Move 3: Protect
Move 4: Hidden power fire
Ability: Speed boost
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed

I am planning on using Yanmega as an opener, most likely open up with a protect to get the speed boost for that first initial turn and then move on and set up spikes with Forretress and pave the way for the sweepers. The move choice is pretty normal, the reason i picked hidden power fire is because im planning on seeing a lot of Exodrills which my team isnt too hot against steel, except my Virizion, so basically Yanmega will be a back up choice to take out the bulky steel pokemon if necessary.

Starmie
Move 1: Recover
Move 2: Rapid Spin
Move 3: Surf
Move 4: Ice Beam
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: SAtk 252/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

I am taking advantage of Starmies Rapid spin power as well as its decent STAB power with the bulky special attack. Mainly going to be in for Rapid spin however and if i come across either bulky dragon or fire pokemon, i have surf and ice beam in my arsenal to take them down. I slashed leftovers because im not sure whether or not its a good idea to have it, sense im using starmie as more of a support i feel like it could make sense with leftovers however i would lose some power of its stab moves without the life orb.

Vaporeon
Move 1: Baton Pass
Move 2: Substitute
Move 3: Acid Armor/Wish
Move 4: Roar/Scald
Item : Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 244 HP/ 132 Def/ 128 Spe

Initially i was going to use Vaporeon as a pure bulky wisher, however once i looked into it i felt that a baton pass build would make much more sense and would give my sweepers alot more room to set up, EV set up is basically for the extra HP so it has bulkier substitutes as well as wishes if i use it over Acid armor, however i feel that Acid armor will work better to make up for the lack of defense on most of the sweepers, and with leftovers i should be able to pump out multiple substitutes.

Forretress
Move 1: Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Spikes
Move 3: Rapid spin/ Volt Change
Move 4: Earthquake
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Shed Shell
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def / 80 SpD

Forretress is used mainly for the entry hazards here, he is also a fantastic rapid spinner, however sense im using starmie in my team for its rapid spin, i slashed volt change to give my team some more momentum. However Rapid spin is still a great possibility. Earthquake is there to STAB at some of the bulky fire switch ins on forretress.

Virizion
Move 1: Sword Dance
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Leaf Blade
Item: Life orb/ leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Speed

Virizion is my physical sweep, she has sword dance which instead of the Calm mind set up, only takes one turn to set up and she can sweep the field no problem, also she can OHKO Exodrill and Tyranitar after a sword dance, the item choice is the only thing im having trouble with, life orb will be fantastic to add the extra damage to her attacks, however leftovers could be useful because Virizion has a solid base Special defense, and can take a few hits, Leftovers would allow her to stay on the field a little bit longer.

Magnezone
Move 1: Light Screen
Move 2: Reflect
Move 3: Thunder Wave/Hidden power Fire
Move 4: Volt Change
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 162 SpD

Magnezone is in for 2 main reasons, first he sets up the dual screens for the team also with Yanmega, Vaporeon, and Stamie on my team, Electric attacks will end up being the death of me, so he is a switch in on any electric pokemon im up against. Thunder Wave conflicts with Forretress's Toxic spikes, so thats why i slashed hidden power fire.

Some tips before we start: you might wanna expand a bit, I'm not sure if theres an exact word minimum, but the Mods like the descriptions to be very in-depth. 2nd, Get some pictures! Everyone loves pictures!

Anyways:
Yanmega: I'm a little confused you say
most likely open up with a protect to get the speed boost for that first initial turn and then move on and set up spikes with Forretress and pave the way for the sweepers
If you're going to just switch to Forretress, You lose the speed boost, and you may as well just lead with forretress. You dont have baton pass to move the boost (not that it really would help Forret). You also need to be careful about having dedicated leads, Thanks to Wi-Fi. Yanmega and Forretress also share a fire weakness, which should be watched when switching.

Starmie: I <3 starmie, and its good to see people still using it, cause it rapes this meta. Since you're running Recover, I say Life Orb is a superior option. If you opt for Leftovers, and still want starmie to function as a split spinner/sweeper, Concider dropping Recover for T-bolt. EV's might need some tweeking if you do that.

Vaporeon: Definitely Scald over Roar, You dont want your Vaporeon to be counter phazed after setting up shit for the BP, and if you get taunted, you're gunna want a way to not be fucked.

Forretress: You're runnign Spin on starmie, So if you run spin here, its redundancy. Personally. I think you'd be better off running a LO sweeper Starmie, and use spin on Forret

Code:
LO starmie:
252spa/252spe/4 HP or Spd
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Recover
I have no comment on Virizion, as i havent played it enough to give a valuable input.

For MAgnezone, I find Volt Switch to be stupid. The entire point of it is to kill steels, It shouldnt have to scout. Plus, 90% of the things that come in on Magnezone are ground type (to take advantage of that juciy x4 ground weakness), nullifying the Volt switch. Maybe its because i run Gliscor alot, and this *always* happens to the opponent, but I'd suggest giving it HP fire, Thunder bolt, and if you really want the Dual Screens, go ahead and use those. If not, Substitute and Flash cannon can replace, And I'm not sure how much validity Magnet rise/Sub still has, but it worked wonders last gen.

Thanks for the input, yeah, it is a pretty brief RMT i was in a rush this morning and wanted to get it up asap, once i get some time tonight im going to make it a lot more in-depth and explain a little bit more,

also with stat changed, i guess this is a kind of noob thing to say, but i thought for example, i use sword dance or speed boost goes off and then i switch out for another and come back in with that same pokemon that gained the stats, that the stat gain stays. But i'm assuming from what you said it only carries over if you Baton pass it back and forth???

and then do you think its more reasonable to run a more offensive Magnezone? Seeing as Virizion has x4 from flying, and Yanmega has the x4 from rock it would be a better idea to run dual screens???

and last but not least, still unsure about Vaporeon whether or not to run Wish or Acid Armor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)