Rate Monotype BUG! Bug Catcher! :D

Introduction:
I chose this because monotype is fantastic, I love pokemon beetle and I will start to describe them directly

Pokemon Number One:
Galvantula:@focus sash
Trait: CompoundEyes
Nature: Timid
252 Spa / 252 Spd / 4spdef
-Volt Switch
-Energy Ball
-thunder
-Sticky Web

Classic Set. Lead with focus sash. They square sticky web to slow down the opposing team. Fast, always reliable. I chose Energy ball only because having a team based on the bug do not think it made sense to give her bug buzz and with energy ball allowing it to hit ground pokemon super effective and cause damage neutral to Gliscor and Excadrill

Pokemon Number Two:
Crustle:@weaknes policy
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 def
-Stone edge
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Shell smash

OMG this pokemon is very underrated. It's crazy. After a shell smash cause considerable damage to a lot of Pokemon and reaches speeds of 378 (just right for outspeed 377 of greninja) and a massive attack by 638! This Pokemon also has stealth rock to place them in the event of imminent danger for this team as Charizard, Volcarona and especially Talonflame. Earthquake I preferred to X scissor to hit the steel pokemon like Lucario and Heatran.

Pokemon Number Three:
Armaldo:@assault vest
Trait: Shell Armor
Nature: Impish
248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Spd
-Stone edge
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor

I know what you think, "why did not you choose Forretress for the role of spinner? And above all, why assault vest?" Well simply because this is a support for Talonflame Volcarona, Charizard Y, Infernape, and all the pokemon fire that can be dangerous. Indeed assault vest allows it to absorb a 84% damage of the Fire Blast Charizard Y under the sun and then Kill it with Stone Edge, same thing with Volcarona, same thing with Talonflame undergoing a 54% damage from choice band Talonflame brave bird

Pokemon Number Four:
Heracross:@Life orb
Trait:Moxie
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
-Close combat
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Megahorn

Heracross is one of my best favourites pokemon ever. Life Orb gives him an unprecedented power with 383 atk and stab close combat and Megahorn. Moxie increases his attack and after 2 kills this beast make Okho also Skarmory after stealth rock. I did not choose choice scarf why? Just because after the opposing team is slowing down by the sticky web this pokemon can sweep very well. Shadow claw is especially for pokemon Ghost, but not Aegislash, more than anything else Jellicent and Gengar. Earthquake is for Aegislash and Tentacruell.

Pokemon Number five:
Volcarona:@Lum Berry
Trait: Flame body
Nature: Modest
240 Hp / 252 Def / 16 Spd
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Roost
-Quiver dance

love bulky Volcarona. This spread is resistant to everything (except rock) and allows me to set 1 or even 2 quiver dance, what a beautiful pokemon, the spread in speed allows me to get to 360 speed after a quiver dance allowing me to outspeed Gengar and all sets similar 350 of the base. It destroys everything in +2 and if you do not have enough fiery dance with a 50% chance to increase further the special attack, an attacker unparalleled.

Pokemon number Six:
Scizor:@Scizorite
Trait:Technician
248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spdef
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Sword dance
-Roost

Brutal pokemon ... this allows me to set one or 2 sword dance once removed fire from the opposing team and kill everything with bullet punch. Not to mention that protects me from a threat as can be Mega Gyarados after a Dragon Dance can obliterate the team. Sign in well absorbing his Waterfall and destroys it with Bug Bite after then there will be trouble for everyone, great pokemon. I thought I'd give also an investment in speed rather than in Hp to outspeed Rotom W 0 spd and prevent burn by will-o-wisp... what do you think?

I tried this team and runs fine, but make sure you have removed the wheel and fire from the opposing team, what do you think of this monotype? It can run? I think I mentioned the biggest threats to this team, how do you think the way I chose to handle them? Help me improve it and hope to get the best advice. Thank you all =) Last thing, I chose a mega Scizor instead of Pinsir Mega because otherwise I would have had a threat from excessive pokemon like tyranitar, Terrakion and mega Aerodactyl (Rare, but I've seen) Pokemon anyway annoy my team since is not only susceptible to fire and Flyng but also to rock =) Thanks to all

Last edited:
I love bugs. Noticed a few things:

1. Bugs need odd numbers of HP. ALL of them. This is a simple fix. If you invested 4 HP, put that "4" into defense instead. If you invested 252 HP, invest 248 HP instead and move the extra "4" into speed. Why? Bugs are weak to rock. Stealth rock damage rounds down. For example, a Volcarona with odd HP will have 51% after taking a rock, and assuming no damage taken/healed, if it switches out and back in a 2nd time, it will be alive with exactly 1 HP instead of dead. A pokemon with 1 HP is always better than dead, and I've seen this matter against people who spam whirlwind/roar with rocks up.

2. Consider Weakness Policy on Crustle. If sturdy is intact, and it gets a shell smash, a super effective move will probably drop it to 1hp anyway. Weakness Policy is like a free Shell smash, and it's likely not living long enough to make full use of Leftovers.

3. Volt Switch x2 on Galv? No.. You don't get extra PP on it so you might as well use a 4th move. Try Thunder (to make use of its ability) or Bug Buzz (its other stab).

Sorry :D was wrong about Galvantula I wanted to give him thunder, i like the solution weakness policy on Crustle :) Reward to Hp you right, thanks! :D the spread of Volcarona makes that hp are odd anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)